NFL Thread | Page 88 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a reason why GB and NY are statistical long shots to win the SB. They obviously have a tough match-up with each other and then will have to likely go beat DAL and ATL on the road. That's a trifecta that will be very tough to pull off.
to win?? of course.

for 1, you got the cheatin' patsies on the other side of the draw likely waiting.

then, you got the 4 and the 5 seed who obviously always have a tough road.

you have to play it straight in the NFL, they will be underdogs from here on out, unless 1 of them somehow gets the freakin lions in the NFC Champ

the Giants started the year at 25-1, ive seen them anywhere to 18-20-1 now.

always place a SB bet in August...

When I compare NY to the other NFC teams I do think they have the best defense of the bunch. And it's true that their ground game is improving. I'm sure Pugh's return helps there. Ironically the one area where I feel they're weaker than most of the other NFC entrants is at the QB position. Eli is not playing at the level of the others.
its fair to say hes not playing like Ryan (MVP) and Rodgers...you (would have an argument with Stafford before he hurt his finger, but id take Eli over crappy dangrusswilson (him and carrol likely getting holiday cards from brady, BB and kraft) and the rook.

so at worst hes 3rd, but until Ryan can say he can do it, we don't know if he can...so I put Eli 2nd.

which yes, is not a good position to be in for the this game.

i hate to break it to everyone, but dallas sucks.

they had no business winning about 5 games this year.

that wont happen in the playoffs.

Eli passed for 4000 yards and 26 TDs, with no run game...they have 1 now and played with leads a lot in the 2nd half when McAdoo reeled in the O and let Spags channel Bill & Bill from the 1980s.

what the pack saw in week 5 is not what they are going to see in the Wildcard.

I wont guarantee a W, for this is THE game...im with bayside, the winner of this likely goes to the Bowl.

I like my chances with Eli, and this D.

and if they win long enough for JPP to come back...

Do they? Is that why they won 13 games, if Dallas sucks, what does that make the Giants? The Giants couldn't even beat the Lousy Vikings and Eagles.

Do they? Is that why they won 13 games, if Dallas sucks, what does that make the Giants? The Giants couldn't even beat the Lousy Vikings and Eagles.
its time to make hay kid.

something you guys havnt done in 20+ years.

bills, lions, cowboys, browns, bengals...those are your bedmates.

We have 5 super bowls, those other teams have zero.

its fair to say hes not playing like Ryan (MVP) and Rodgers...you (would have an argument with Stafford before he hurt his finger, but id take Eli over crappy dangrusswilson (him and carrol likely getting holiday cards from brady, BB and kraft) and the rook.

so at worst hes 3rd, but until Ryan can say he can do it, we don't know if he can...so I put Eli 2nd.

which yes, is not a good position to be in for the this game.

Maybe it's my view as a Birds fan but it seems like he is prone to turnovers more than some of the others.

Maybe it's my view as a Birds fan but it seems like he is prone to turnovers more than some of the others.
hes a gunslinger.

just like Favre, Peyton and Brees.

favre threw more jump balls than the rest though...and impressively...a lot connected.

This NFC East on NFC East violence frustrates me because the only rivals the Pats have are Denver and Baltimore.
The freaking Bills/Fins/Jets have been mediocre.
Or maybe the Pats have been just that damn good
C1LhMT4XgAA7jaa

...and still have one more Lombardi than the giants. While it may or may not not happen this year, there is no question Dallas is setting themselves up for several more in the coming years. That line, Dak, Zeke. Just need a pass rush for this team to be dominate.

...and still have one more Lombardi than the giants. While it may or may not not happen this year, there is no question Dallas is setting themselves up for several more in the coming years. That line, Dak, Zeke. Just need a pass rush for this team to be dominate.
Let's see it then. Certainly didn't show any dominance in the two games against the NYFG's this year. :D

Let's see it then. Certainly didn't show any dominance in the two games against the NYFG's this year. :D
Let's see what? Did you not read my post? Never said they were dominant this year. I give all the credit in the world to nj for their two wins. But the future is very bright in Big D!

Let's see what? Did you not read my post? Never said they were dominant this year. I give all the credit in the world to nj for their two wins. But the future is very bright in Big D!
Didn't say it wasn't. But to say dominant, you'll have to show it. I didn't mean this year. Like 13-3 for the next few years. That would be dominant.

There is a reason why GB and NY are statistical long shots to win the SB. They obviously have a tough match-up with each other and then will have to likely go beat DAL and ATL on the road. That's a trifecta that will be very tough to pull off.

Been done before...the biggest home field advantage of the bunch is clearly Green Bay. The other 2 are practically neutral sites.

Roger Staubach isn't walking through that door, and he still probably throws a better deep ball than Dak.

Been done before...the biggest home field advantage of the bunch is clearly Green Bay. The other 2 are practically neutral sites.

I don't know. Playing in ATL the Dome will be extremely loud and that is a fast track well suited for the Falcons. I think the harder part of playing on the road is the constant travel going back and forth between venues. I know it's been done before by the Gmen but I think in some ways that may work against them. They're not catching anybody by surprise this time around plus I see a lot of people jumping on that Big Blue wagon - much more than at the outset of the two previous title runs.

I don't know. Playing in ATL the Dome will be extremely loud and that is a fast track well suited for the Falcons. I think the harder part of playing on the road is the constant travel going back and forth between venues. I know it's been done before by the Gmen but I think in some ways that may work against them. They're not catching anybody by surprise this time around plus I see a lot of people jumping on that Big Blue wagon - much more than at the outset of the two previous title runs.

13 degrees in the twilight in Wisconsin is about as tough as it gets. Atlanta will have thousands of NY refugees at that one in a climate controlled environment. Granted the Falcons are clearly very good too.

Roger Staubach isn't walking through that door, and he still probably throws a better deep ball than Dak.

A Roger Staubach story. Many years ago a friend (big NYG fan) was at a Super Bowl function either in AC or Vegas and Staubach was the guest of honor. Roger is onstage with a football in his hand speaking to the crowd. My friend, a bit of a wiseguy, starts screaming to Roger "hey Jackie Smith here I'm open. Get me the ball." For those that don't know, Smith was a former TE and a very good one that dropped a famous pass from Staubach in the end zone while wide open against the Steelers in the Super Bowl..

After several taunts from my friend, Staubach is looking out in the crowd through the glare of the lights trying to find the knucklehead that keeps yelling Jackie Smith. Finally Roger locates him and takes off his sport jacket and starts to limber up in order to make a throw. At this time my friend is thinking RUTRO. Sure enough Staubach whistles a bullet off his shoulder. Crowd goes wild, Roger has a good laugh and my friend has a story he can tell for years to come.

13 degrees in the twilight in Wisconsin is about as tough as it gets. Atlanta will have thousands of NY refugees at that one in a climate controlled environment. Granted the Falcons are clearly very good too.

Maybe but for a playoff game I see that building rooting decidedly in one direction. We'll see. Both teams have a lot of business to take care of before that happens.

Time for the Pokes to put up or shut up.
I don't hear the Cowboys or their fans (at least not the ones on here) talking at all. Cowboy-haters are trying to set this up like it will be an all-time choke job if the Cowboys don't make it to the Super Bowl. That is not the case. With their record, the Cowboys have established themselves as the best team in the NFC, but they are not that much better than the other competitors. This is not a dominant team like those in the early-mid nineties. I think any Cowboy fan could envision them losing to all of the NFC playoff teams, save for Detroit.

Giant fans, on the other hand, are doing a lot of talking, fueled by two squeaker wins over the Cowboys. Although, it may have just been Kaiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.