NFL Thread | Page 89 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my. I didn't realize it was impossible to live past 80.

Time for the Pokes to put up or shut up.

Ok there are a few who might still be alive, but the Cowboys won a title last in 1995, that isn't ancient times.

I don't hear the Cowboys or their fans (at least not the ones on here) talking at all. Cowboy-haters are trying to set this up like it will be an all-time choke job if the Cowboys don't make it to the Super Bowl. That is not the case. With their record, the Cowboys have established themselves as the best team in the NFC, but they are not that much better than the other competitors. This is not a dominant team like those in the early-mid nineties. I think any Cowboy fan could envision them losing to all of the NFC playoff teams, save for Detroit.

Giant fans, on the other hand, are doing a lot of talking, fueled by two squeaker wins over the Cowboys. Although, it may have just been Kaiser.

You might want to re-read the thread then, because some have framed it that the Giants didn't actually win those games and that Troy Aikman is somehow relevant.

Leave the SB trash talk to the fans of the 3 east teams who have actually won them please.

Fair enough but at some point the statute of limitations must kick in here. Moving toward your third decade without a title. Might have to remove the "America's Team" moniker pretty soon.

Fair enough but at some point the statute of limitations must kick in here. Moving toward your third decade without a title. Might have to remove the "America's Team" moniker pretty soon.

Not when you consider the numbers that the Cowboys drive on TV. They are still the biggest brand in the league. Even after having not winning a SB since 95.

Not when you consider the numbers that the Cowboys drive on TV. They are still the biggest brand in the league. Even after having not winning a SB since 95.
thats because theres about 3 generations of folks who cant get up off the couch/recliner who were out partying when the pokes went 2-3 in bowls in the 70s that wont be watching soon, if you know what I mean...

All that means is the ticket & jersey buying public will happily believe whatever ESPN tells em.

ESPN is a known Cowboy hater so not buying that at all.

Perhaps. Publicity still drives the bus, regardless of whether it's positive or otherwise.

Why? Love them or hate them, people take notice, have you seen the Cowboys ratings lately?

ESPN is a known Cowboy hater so not buying that at all.

I refuse to watch any espn nfl programming, the only person who likes them Is Trey Wingo, who is actually a Cowboys fan.

About 10 years too late.
the NFL killed ESPN's football when they forced them to take off NFL Primetime on Sundays at 7pm.

that was the best show on tv for 25+ years.

for you kids out there...we used to have to set the vcr to start taping if the Giants at 4 went past 7 so as to not miss anything.

then have to wait till 8 to start it up.

screwed up my whole evening.

id miss the Simpsons because me and my roommates would be putting Primetime on, then watch the X-Files, then the end of the 830 game.

good times though...

the NFL killed ESPN's football when they forced them to take off NFL Primetime on Sundays at 7pm.

that was the best show on tv for 25+ years.

for you kids out there...we used to have to set the vcr to start taping if the Giants at 4 went past 7 so as to not miss anything.

then have to wait till 8 to start it up.

screwed up my whole evening.

id miss the Simpsons because me and my roommates would be putting Primetime on, then watch the X-Files, then the end of the 830 game.

good times though...
I would watch primetime for the highlights music.
The Raiders one was the best one. The Packers one was good and the primetime cut one was great.

I was thinking of you and sabach on this subject the other day. There was an article that made this very point. Did you see it?

Giants - patsys
pokes - patsys
pokes - steelers
Giants - steelers
pack - patsys
hawks - patsys
pack- steelers

that's my guess for whom the NFL is rooting for television wise...

I would watch primetime for the highlights music.
The Raiders one was the best one. The Packers one was good and the primetime cut one was great.

The Raiders theme is great, pumps me up all the time, is there anything better than the voice of John Facenda?

Did I miss everyone complaining about not having FOX and possibly missing the playoff game on Sunday?

The customer always gets screwed.

Did I miss everyone complaining about not having FOX and possibly missing the playoff game on Sunday?

The customer always gets screwed.

In the Syracuse area, if they don't reach an agreement before the Giants game I'll be breaking out the rabbit ears and hoping I can pick up the station over the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.