NFL Thread | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If putting the ball on receivers hands is a bad then it's bad.

At least say something interesting.
Packer receivers were just going and snatching the ball. As compared to Hands of Stones.

Dallas -4 over Green Bay
Atlanta -4.5 over Seattle
Pittsburgh-Kansas City is pick 'em.
New England is -16.5 over Houston.

A lock?

Nothing is ever a lock, I agree.

But they did look like the best team in football all season until they lost Plaxico, a d would've had a great chance.

But they did look like the best team in football all season until they lost Plaxico, a d would've had a great chance.

I understand the sentiment but the word "lock" seemed a bit of a stretch.

I know this won't be remembered but in 2008 the Patriots won 11 games without Tom Brady.
If Brady doesn't tear his ACL that Patriots team would have been the favorite.

OBJ flipping out after answering questions from the media, punching a hole in the wall and repeatedly banging his head against a door. NFL security is investigating.

Uhhh...ok lol

OBJ flipping out after answering questions from the media, punching a hole in the wall and repeatedly banging his head against a door. NFL security is investigating.

Uhhh...ok lol

Dudes a great talent but eventually that act is going to wear thin, its only a matter of time.

Dudes a great talent but eventually that act is going to wear thin, its only a matter of time.
Meh. He punched a wall not a person. It'll cost maybe $250 to fix, fine him$1000 and call it a day.

Hes one of the few Giants who played well today.
Did anyone like me, just catching up, wonder why the team with the worse record had home field advantage?

It should have been played in NJ unless there were security issues due to DJT having a home across the river.

Meh. He punched a wall not a person. It'll cost maybe $250 to fix, fine him$1000 and call it a day.

Its the pattern of stuff I'm talking about. This alone is obviously not a big deal but he's developing a pattern/history of antics that are likely to continue into the future that could escalate especially when Manning retires and the Giants have to start over at QB.

Did anyone like me, just catching up, wonder why the team with the worse record had home field advantage?

It should have been played in NJ unless there were security issues due to DJT having a home across the river.

Division winner v wildcard.

If you don't win your division, you shouldn't get a home game.

Dallas -4 over Green Bay
Atlanta -4.5 over Seattle
Pittsburgh-Kansas City is pick 'em.
New England is -16.5 over Houston.
Gimme a parlay on the road teams.

Exactly how i feel. Dude's got the world's eyes on him, so what he freaked out and punched a wall after a disappointing outing that resulted in their elimination. Let the dude live.

Its the pattern of stuff I'm talking about. This alone is obviously not a big deal but he's developing a pattern/history of antics that are likely to continue into the future that could escalate especially when Manning retires and the Giants have to start over at QB.
You could be right. I haven't paid enough attention to the season. I'm off football because of the TBI situation.

Division winner v wildcard.
Ah thanks.

That was a suck azz division competition wise then.

Even if Green Bay did smoke the Giants, it was at home.

But the Packers may be the best franchise in sports so I'm ok with it.

Like you guys are Giants fans you should know. How many games has Eli lost for them with dumb INT after dumb INT?
Simple answer.

ZERO

Edit: no wait, 1.

Minnesota 07. That was his fault. The rest are just him trying to win, which is why he's a league leader most years in 4th qtr comebacks

Last edited:
Ryan Tannehill's going to be a very good QB next year but I'd still take Eli over him in an instant. Over Phillip Rivers and Carson Palmer for that matter as well.

Ryan Tannehill's going to be a very good QB next year but I'd still take Eli over him in an instant. Over Phillip Rivers and Carson Palmer for that matter as well.
Carson isn't even the discussion.
Matt Moore might be as good as Ryan Tannehill. Your HC can coach offense.

Eli is a HOFer but Philip Rivers and Ben Rothlisberger are both better QBs from that draft class.
Eli gets credit for 2 SBs but Rivers has played for a bottom 5 organization in the NFL.
If Rivers were the Giants QB i think he wins SBs.
Rivers is a tough SOB.

Carson isn't even the discussion.
Matt Moore might be as good as Ryan Tannehill. Your HC can coach offense.

Eli is a HOFer but Philip Rivers and Ben Rothlisberger are both better QBs from that draft class.
Eli gets credit for 2 SBs but Rivers has played for a bottom 5 organization in the NFL.
If Rivers were the Giants QB i think he wins SBs.
Rivers is a tough SOB.

Moore's got a solid arm and limits his mistakes but I think Tannehill's starting to scratch the surface of his upside now that he has a more solid line, a run game and a deep ball connection with Kenny Stills.

I think Rivers gets to the Super Bowl if he's with the Giants but I don't think he'd beat New England. He's had a fairly mediocre career vs them despite having considerable talent around him on offense.

Moore's got a solid arm and limits his mistakes but I think Tannehill's starting to scratch the surface of his upside now that he has a more solid line, a run game and a deep ball connection with Kenny Stills.

I think Rivers gets to the Super Bowl if he's with the Giants but I don't think he'd beat New England. He's had a fairly mediocre career vs them despite having considerable talent around him on offense.
So the Giants D wouldn't have held the Pats to 14 points in the 2007?
Or 17 points in 2011?
Eli didn't light the Pats up he scored 17 and 21(really 20 because the Giants D got a safety) points.
Rivers could have easily done this.
The narrative that Eli dominates the Pats is just false. He had tremendous 4th quarter 2 minute drives. He was sub par with the rest in both games. Hell Julian Edelman was the Pats slot CB in the 2011 SB.
That Pats team was pure garbage and it was a historically weak AFC that year.

So the Giants D wouldn't have held the Pats to 14 points in the 2007?
Or 17 points in 2011?
Eli didn't light the Pats up he scored 17 and 21(really 20 because the Giants D got a safety) points.
Rivers could have easily done this.
The narrative that Eli dominates the Pats is just false. He had tremendous 4th quarter 2 minute drives. He was sub par with the rest in both games. Hell Julian Edelman was the Pats slot CB in the 2011 SB.
That Pats team was pure garbage and it was a historically weak AFC that year.
Well seeing as the Chargers lost 21-12 to the Pats in the '07 post season, I think 2 scores would've been enough to capture that Super Bowl for the Patriots vs. Phil. The chargers arguably had a better offense than the Giants did that year as well, despite Tomlinson going out in the playoffs.

Phillip Rivers may be the better quarterback, but I trust Eli more in the playoffs. Because I want my team to win super bowls, I pick Eli. I can see the arguments, and they're good ones, that Eli is hardly responsible for the Superbowls won. But looking at both QB's careers, I'd rather have the guy that gets you there and does just enough to get the job done rather than the guy who seems to often just collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.