NFL Thread | Page 99 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well seeing as the Chargers lost 21-12 to the Pats in the '07 post season, I think 2 scores would've been enough to capture that Super Bowl for the Patriots vs. Phil. The chargers arguably had a better offense than the Giants did that year as well, despite Tomlinson going out in the playoffs.

Phillip Rivers may be the better quarterback, but I trust Eli more in the playoffs. Because I want my team to win super bowls, I pick Eli. I can see the arguments, and they're good ones, that Eli is hardly responsible for the Superbowls won. But looking at both QB's careers, I'd rather have the guy that gets you there and does just enough to get the job done rather than the guy who seems to often just collapse.

In defense of Rivers he played that game with a torn ACL and sprained MCL after getting hurt the previous week against the Colts. Tomlinson completely asked out of that game and wasn't nearly as hurt.

To be fair, Rivers lost his best WR in week 1 and his pass catching RB in week 2 to season ending injuries. I think he did okay, considering all the injuries their WR group had this year. Lost Stevie Johnson before the season started, Benjamin was hurt for a while, and Gates missed some time too.

Well seeing as the Chargers lost 21-12 to the Pats in the '07 post season, I think 2 scores would've been enough to capture that Super Bowl for the Patriots vs. Phil. The chargers arguably had a better offense than the Giants did that year as well, despite Tomlinson going out in the playoffs.

Phillip Rivers may be the better quarterback, but I trust Eli more in the playoffs. Because I want my team to win super bowls, I pick Eli. I can see the arguments, and they're good ones, that Eli is hardly responsible for the Superbowls won. But looking at both QB's careers, I'd rather have the guy that gets you there and does just enough to get the job done rather than the guy who seems to often just collapse.
You know that Rivers played that 2007 game with a TORN ACL. He lost Ladanion Tomilson on the first drive of that game as well.
Rivers had huge stones even playing that entire game with a torn ACL after injuring it the previous week at Indy.

You know that Rivers played that 2007 game with a TORN ACL. He lost Ladanion Tomilson on the first drive of that game as well.
Rivers had huge stones even playing that entire game with a torn ACL after injuring it the previous week at Indy.

That actually was lost on me, so yeah that's really impressive.

I'm just a firm believer of the thought that some guys have it and some guys don't. I think Rivers is a great QB but I just don't think he has the same "it factor" as the guys that do win the big games. I don't care whether it's pure luck that Eli won those rings or not, it's enough for me. It's a shame that he tore his ACL and LT dipped on him, and impressive he stuck through it, but I don't really like playing the what-if scenarios.

As a Dolphins fan who hasn't sniffed the Super Bowl in my lifetime I'll always choose the guy who seems to have "it" rather than a guy with better stats.

Packers seem to be that team everyone is overrated after Wild Card weekend.
The Giants dominated them for the first 25 minutes and then Rodgers made one play and McAdoo/Eli butchered the final drive before the 2 minute warning and that fluck Hail Mary.
The Cowboys are going to pound Green Bay unless Rodgers plays insane. Cole Beasley is going to have 10 catches this week..

Atlanta-Seattle and Kansas City-Pittsburgh are pure coin flips.

Houston-New England comes down to does NE even show up. If they dont turn the ball over this will get ugly. I honestly think NE could start Garapolio and cover -17.

The Giants dominated them for the first 25 minutes and then Rodgers made one play and McAdoo/Eli butchered the final drive before the 2 minute warning and that fluck Hail Mary.
The Cowboys are going to pound Green Bay unless Rodgers plays insane. Cole Beasley is going to have 10 catches this week..

Houston-New England comes down to does NE even show up. If they dont turn the ball over this will get ugly. I honestly think NE could start Garapolio and cover -17.

They've won like 7 games in a row now; I don't think it's an overreaction to one win against the Giants at all, and as far as I know, they're still going to be underdogs this week.

They've won like 7 games in a row now; I don't think it's an overreaction to one win against the Giants at all, and as far as I know, they're still going to be underdogs this week.
Giants beat them up pretty good, but pokes suck.

Take the points and slam the pack.

They have beaten what Dan Shaughnessy would call 6 tomato cans and the Giants.
Green Bay wasn't as good as that game yesterday's score says.
Their weakness was not exploded. Dallas ran on them in GB and they will take advantage of that secondary.
I am waiting for the GB money in Vegas and then will grab Dallas.

I heard Bobby Rainey's name enough to last me a lifetime. Beasley will get 10 catches for 77 yards. Rodgers will challenge Dallas downfield, we will see if that works.

They have beaten what Dan Shaughnessy would call 6 tomato cans and the Giants.
Green Bay wasn't as good as that game yesterday's score says.
Their weakness was not exploded. Dallas ran on them in GB and they will take advantage of that secondary.
I am waiting for the GB money in Vegas and then will grab Dallas.

4 of those 7 are playoff teams :noidea:

I'm not saying I expect Green Bay to win, but to act like the hype around them is based off one game against the Giants is silly.

Catch the ball...

I'd trade him.

Get me 2 1s and a maybe a 2...likely a 3 though.

Cannot trade him, but they should bring in a vet WR to replace Cruz. Victor became a wingman.

And get a real pass catching TE, not some developmental project.

4 of those 7 are playoff teams :noidea:

I'm not saying I expect Green Bay to win, but to act like the hype around them is based off one game against the Giants is silly.
I take back 6 tomato cans. Seattle was legit.
Detroit sucked, Houston sucks, who else?
GB did not play well yesterday. They played well for 10 minutes.
It was a 14-13 game after a dumbass call by McCarthy. Then Rodgers was Rodgers. That TD drive was impressive and Rainey stepped out at the 3. NYG messed themselves and another line drive punt gave the Pack that fg drive with the ball on the 38 NYG yard line.
It was 24-13 and the game was over.
The Giants outplayed the Packers and they beat themselves.
Dallas will own the LOS and unless Rodgers plays out of his mind which is possible they will get killed.

Giants beat them up pretty good, but pokes suck.

Take the points and slam the pack.

People are going to take the pack, they will be a popular pick, and people will be wrong. The Pack is a great matchup for the Cowboys, The Cowboys Oline can dominate the Pack front and control the clock, and keep Rodgers on the bench, and the Cowboys defense is getting better.

People are going to take the pack, they will be a popular pick, and people will be wrong. The Pack is a great matchup for the Cowboys, The Cowboys Oline can dominate the Pack front and control the clock, and keep Rodgers on the bench, and the Cowboys defense is getting better.
Reckon the Packers are playing much better now, if this game has any type of resemblance to last , I think the cowboys take it. Also, if Nelson is out, that's a huge loss for the packers.

You doin shtick or you honestly think OBJ would get 2 1s?
That useless WR on the bills did...without ever catching a NFL pass.

The Rams need a star...and someone for Goff to throw to.

The Rams don't have any #1 picks. They traded them away to get Goff.

There's literally 0 chance they would get 2 #1s

Any GM that gives up two first round picks for a WR is incompetent (see Doug Whaley).

Any GM that gives up two first round picks for a WR is incompetent (see Doug Whaley).

Even Watkins was on a rookie contract. If you trade for OBJ, he's on #1 WR money. MAYBE 1 1st rounder. Desean Jackson with all his talent wasn't even traded for. Brandon Marshall was traded for a 3rd.

The Rams don't have any #1 picks. They traded them away to get Goff.

There's literally 0 chance they would get 2 #1s
Starting point.

I can be talked into a 1, a 2... And next years 2 & 4.

No one is going to give up that much for Beckham, you can find good receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.