nhl is back | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

nhl is back

I'm thinking they're going to need help in goal. But there's not a lot out there, and it's a tough division.

Losing Lundqvist ironically makes them better in net IMO but yeah they've got some questions there

this grouping of teams is turning out to be pretty interesting. the canadian teams are gonna like it because they will only have to beat 1 other team to get to the stanley cup

the pitt/flyers/isles/wash/bruins division is gonna be brutal just to get to the 4 playoff teams and that ignores rangers/devils/sabres

the west will be probably be vegas/col/stl/minn
the central tampa/colum/ then who knows
the north montr/toronto/winn/calgary

pts are really huge because the most reg. season pts gets you the lowest pt team in the final 4 series.

if you assume the east has the best teams they probably dont get the most pts but will they beat each other up and get the 4th most? you might avoid them to the finals or not? who knows.

we may have people in the stands at the end which could also be huge.

this grouping of teams is turning out to be pretty interesting. the canadian teams are gonna like it because they will only have to beat 1 other team to get to the stanley cup

the pitt/flyers/isles/wash/bruins division is gonna be brutal just to get to the 4 playoff teams and that ignores rangers/devils/sabres

the west will be probably be vegas/col/stl/minn
the central tampa/colum/ then who knows
the north montr/toronto/winn/calgary

pts are really huge because the most reg. season pts gets you the lowest pt team in the final 4 series.

if you assume the east has the best teams they probably dont get the most pts but will they beat each other up and get the 4th most? you might avoid them to the finals or not? who knows.

we may have people in the stands at the end which could also be huge.
Yeah you got the 4 West teams.
The Canadian division will go up
And down as I think any of those teams could get in and then it will be a fun playoff division.
The Atlantic is so freaking deep.
I think Philly and the Islanders will be safe.
Boston-Pittsburgh-Washington-Rangers will fight for the last 2 spots.
I feel like Buffalo could be competitive in the Canadian division but they won’t be in the Atlantic.

The central is Tampa-Dallas-Columbus-Carolina IMO.

As a Montreal fan its great.. the last few years they have feasted on the Canadian teams because the style doesnt get them beat up like it does in the east. Really should be 6-0 right now. Blew 2 late leads in the OT losses. Only trailed in 1 game. But they cant keep this offense up forever, although they do something most teams dont and roll 4 lines that roll fast pressure. They have 2 solid goalies which is also something many teams dont have.

Calgary this week will be telling.. Such a funny schedule.. Play Vanc 5 times in the first 10 games and end with Toronto 4 of the last 6 and Calgary 5 out of 7 late in the season.

Imagine if the play toronto 4 times and then the first round of play offs.

I feel for Buffalo in that East division which is stacked.

Only St.Louis gets screwed geographically so it’s all good.

East division has 5 top 10 teams.
I thought the same thing about the Blues at first. They didn’t put up a fight, though, which is interesting. True, they’ll play half their games on the road, where they’ll have to travel two time zones in most cases. What about the flip side to that coin? Maybe they think there’s an advantage to having half of their games at home, where their opponent will have to travel two time zones.

I thought the same thing about the Blues at first. They didn’t put up a fight, though, which is interesting. True, they’ll play half their games on the road, where they’ll have to travel two time zones in most cases. What about the flip side to that coin? Maybe they think there’s an advantage to having half of their games at home, where their opponent will have to travel two time zones.
St. Louis should be in a division with Chicago and Detroit if this season is about geography.
Montreal and Boston belong in the same division but this is being done by geopolitical stuff and keeping all Canadian teams together.

Dallas could have been put in the West.
St. Louis and Dallas aren’t that different geographic.
Dallas is more West by the map.

The Central sucks behind Tampa St. Louis would have helped that.
Vegas and Colorado could have carried the West.

St. Louis should be in a division with Chicago and Detroit if this season is about geography.
Montreal and Boston belong in the same division but this is being done by geopolitical stuff and keeping all Canadian teams together.

Dallas could have been put in the West.
St. Louis and Dallas aren’t that different geographic.
Dallas is more West by the map.

The Central sucks behind Tampa St. Louis would have helped that.
Vegas and Colorado could have carried the West.
Yeah, all of that’s true. For whatever reason, St. Louis didn’t push back at all when other teams (Minnesota?) did.

Leafs D has actually been pretty good after the initial debacle

As a Rangers fan, pretty disappointing start. 3 points in five games is awful. Two games against Buffalo coming up might be the only saving grace at this point. Probably still a year or two away from becoming a contender. Overall, enjoying this unusual format. It will make for some interesting postseason matchups. If a Canadian team can’t make the finals this year, then I’m not sure when one will. This is the best chance they have in years.

Lets see if Montreal is gonna score 5 goals a game all year with their top line doing none of the scoring.. Toronto you just have to keep them from the PP..

Ed/Vanc need to improve

Ott havent seen enough yet

Calgary doesnt really roll 3-4 lines yet

FFCA809E-9480-494E-A59B-70D419A3FA81.jpeg

The views of this outdoor game at Lake Tahoe are incredible.
Flyers goalie has to be struggling to see the puck.
All these shots from the point and he isn’t stopping anything.
The Pasta 2nd goal was really the only one he couldn’t stop.

Flyers goalie has to be struggling to see the puck.
All these shots from the point and he isn’t stopping anything.
The Pasta 2nd goal was really the only one he couldn’t stop.

Yeah he should've been yanked after the 5th goal.

It must suck to be a Sabre’s fan.
They couldn’t even get a first for Hall?

I get he isn’t what he was but a 2nd, Bjork and retaining 50% of Hall’s salary is garbage.
The value of the 2nd is barely worth taking Bjork’s contract.

I get he isn’t what he was but a 2nd, Bjork and retaining 50% of Hall’s salary is garbage.

I know .. her last decent album was Vespertine in like 2000

It's rumored a team in the West was offering a 1st + for Hall but Mr Hall had a NTC and really wanted Boston. The season had been a disaster up until they fired Krueger. Granato's got the kids playing hard and goaltending was better when Ulmark came back. Unfortunately he is hurt again, but tonight they are starting their top goalie prospect against the B's.

Rangers sweep a four game series with Devils and don't gain a point on Boston. Since then both teams have gone 1-1. Rangers finish season with 2 vs. Boston. Just keep it within 4 pts until then to make those games meaningful.

Rangers sweep a four game series with Devils and don't gain a point on Boston. Since then both teams have gone 1-1. Rangers finish season with 2 vs. Boston. Just keep it within 4 pts until then to make those games meaningful.
Bruins have 2 more games at home with Buffalo.
They didn’t play Buffalo early that much so they stuck playing them late.
I think the Bruins are more likely to finish 1st in the division than be caught by the Rangers.

does this mean Sir charles is gonna do hockey now?

still wondering how NHL.TV goes away what happens to watching games on TV.. I have center ice which is great compared to streaming.. but free on ESPN+ will be pretty nice if they dont have it as another add on price?

will ESPN enforce multiple Tvs now when the do this too?

does this mean Sir charles is gonna do hockey now?

still wondering how NHL.TV goes away what happens to watching games on TV.. I have center ice which is great compared to streaming.. but free on ESPN+ will be pretty nice if they dont have it as another add on price?

will ESPN enforce multiple Tvs now when the do this too?

The NHL is currently on ESPN+ for no additional cost. I've actually been able to watch some Rangers games the past couple of years on there, since they don't show them on the MADISON SQUARE GARDEN NETWORK out here in Buffalo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom