nhl is back | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

nhl is back

Vancouver didn’t do themselves any favors in game 1. Vegas looked really good. Looks like a 5 game series to me but I’d love to see a long series especially since I have no dog in the fight. On a side note, it’s hard to believe no Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup since 1993. Canucks are Canada’s last hope.
Vegas historically in their 3 years of existence owns 2 teams.
Chicago and Vancouver.

Vegas got an unbelievable draw.

Tampa-Boston looks like it’s the best series of this round and could go the distance.

Philly is going to beat the Islanders.
Avs have the most talent out west and gave a game to Dallas but I expect the Colorado Team to prevail.

flyers/islanders both have no offense.. But Flyers got dominated by the Canadians who just cant finish goals . Was talking with some coaches about that series and they thought Hart was off the whole series misplayed a ton of pucks.

Col needs game 2 bad but losing the goalie doesnt help.

Won good money on the over game 1 and Vegas was an easy steal vs Vanc..

All in on the Knights

Alex Tuch is on a nice run.

Kid is killing it.

Game winner to close out the opening series, highlight goal in the Game One blowout.

Great kid, great family.

I haven't watched a lot of the eastern games, but I figure Jacob Markstrom is the best goaltender remaining in the playoffs.

It's getting annoying watching the off defenseman interfere with forecheckers (when the other defenseman has the puck). They stopped allowing it several years ago, but now they're permitting it again. The old Montreal Canadiens (Robinson, LaPointe, Savard) got away with it for years, often physically running the forechecker right into the boards.

3 Game 7’s coming up. About as good a conference semifinal round as you can ask for.

crazy how vanc and flyers survived getting dominated.. Vanc doing 2 games in a row. Flyers trying to win a series without a Reg win.

crazy how vanc and flyers survived getting dominated.. Vanc doing 2 games in a row. Flyers trying to win a series without a Reg win.
Ya flyers got outshot by 30 and found a way to win. Pretty crazy.

in 2 rds they have been the better team on the ice like 3 games and still have a shot to advance.

Hey Leafs fans - time to celebrate the historic 2020 playoff run with some great gear and memorabilia.

1599408615395.png

Attachments

• 1599408757318.png
    1599408757318.png
    135.3 KB · Views: 198
Islanders gave up 8 goals? LMAO!!! I was torn on what to do when they were playing the Flyers. Now, battle lines are clear. No Rangers rivals.

-NJ, Wash, Phi, NYI, Pitt...Nope! And no Boston either! And Montreal can suck it too.

Too bad none of the Western Canada teams are alive. I don’t like expansion teams or teams that moved(in my lifetime) either.

Basically, I find a reason to hate everybody. Except for Western Canada. All good with them.

So the NHL is coming back. No conferences. Four divisions by geography(mostly). 56 game season only against divisional opponents. Four playoff teams per division and the first two rounds they will play division rivals only. One team from each division will make the semis. Two teams from the same traditional conferences can play each other in the Stanley Cup this season.

North(Canada) Division: Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver

East Division: Boston, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Washington, Philadelphia, NY Islanders, NY Rangers, New Jersey

Central Division: Chicago, Detroit, Dallas, Columbus, Nashville, Tampa Bay, Florida, Carolina

West Division: Los Angeles, San Jose, Colorado, Arizona, Vegas, St Louis, Anaheim, Minnesota

First impressions: The north and east are stacked. West looks decent too. Tampa shouldn’t have too many problems, especially with Boston not in the picture.

I feel for Buffalo in that East division which is stacked.

Only St.Louis gets screwed geographically so it’s all good.

East division has 5 top 10 teams.

so I get the 8 team divisions play each team 8 times so 56 games..
What is the canada division doing with only 7 teams? 6 x9ish?

I feel for Buffalo in that East division which is stacked.

Only St.Louis gets screwed geographically so it’s all good.

East division has 5 top 10 teams.

Pittsburgh is a very likely 5th place team in the East. Too bad for them.

so I get the 8 team divisions play each team 8 times so 56 games..
What is the canada division doing with only 7 teams? 6 x9ish?

I think 9 games against 4 opponents and 10 games against two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom