nhl is back | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

nhl is back

His postgame comments after game 2 told everyone his head wasn’t in the game.
He said he couldn’t play with intensity of the playoffs because their was no crowd to pump him up or motivate him on the road.

He was mentally tapped out.
I don’t blame any athlete for wanting to opt-out but I am sure his comments kinda pushed the Bruins to have him leave.

Halak is a legit starter so the team can still compete.

Whether people agree or disagree with Rask, as you said he was doing no benefit to the team in this mindshet. So this is probably the best situation in the circumstances -- it avoids a goalie controversy if he had struggled and they wanted to go with Halak, a more than capable goalie.

Still remember Halak stealing the series in 2010 against the Caps and Pens.

All in on the Knights

Alex Tuch is on a nice run.

Kilngberg with the OT winner. Hurts my heart to root for Dallas, but Lucic and Tkachuk are complete scumbag POS.

His postgame comments after game 2 told everyone his head wasn’t in the game.
He said he couldn’t play with intensity of the playoffs because their was no crowd to pump him up or motivate him on the road.

He was mentally tapped out.
I don’t blame any athlete for wanting to opt-out but I am sure his comments kinda pushed the Bruins to have him leave.

Halak is a legit starter so the team can still compete.

To be fair, I can’t really blame him. These empty stadium/arena games aren’t the same.

Its a weird situation and I can’t really blame anyone for not being into it.

Habs-Flyers betting line was begging people to take Philly.

Habs couldn’t replicate that game 2.

Monteal should be up 2-3 goals though.. they have no PP and cant score off all the Philly mistakes.. all Philly has been able to do is throw pucks in traffic and home it bounces around and one did. Other than the first 6-7 min of game 1 Montreal has been the better team for the last 6-7 periods.

Monteal should be up 2-3 goals though.. they have no PP and cant score off all the Philly mistakes.. all Philly has been able to do is throw pucks in traffic and home it bounces around and one did. Other than the first 6-7 min of game 1 Montreal has been the better team for the last 6-7 periods.
Don’t see the Habs having a chance this game.
They can’t get shots on the net this game.
Flyers are dominating zone time and dominating hits.

The Flyers should have 2-3 as well.

I couldn’t believe they were only a slight favorite this game.
I don’t see the Habs scoring in game 2 Their speed surprised the Flyers.

3-0 final IMO.

not watching same game.. philly has had 2-3 puck bounce chances. Montreal hit the pipe 3 times didnt score on 2 give ways . hits have so little value most of the time.. Next goal decides it. if Philly gets up 2 its probably over, but if Montreal scores good chance Philly coughs up another as their D is throwing the puck away just like game 2.

not watching same game.. philly has had 2-3 puck bounce chances. Montreal hit the pipe 3 times didnt score on 2 give ways . hits have so little value most of the time.. Next goal decides it. if Philly gets up 2 its probably over, but if Montreal scores good chance Philly coughs up another as their D is throwing the puck away just like game 2.
Everytime the puck is in the Philly offensive zone I think they are close to scoring.
The Habs chances don’t seem scary.

Now that is an amazing first 10 Minutes in a 3rd period coming in down 0-2.

The hockey has been frustrating. I haven't watched very much in Toronto, but the Edmonton games are raggedy. It's been pushing 90 degrees for a few weeks, and by the time they get to the third game the ice is soft and all carved up. The puck bounces all over and players are falling with boring regularity. Curiously, or not, the announcers haven't mentioned it at all. I think we all know why that is.

Last edited:
The Golden Knights have looked great this whole postseason. They are the favorites in my eyes. I don’t think it can be said enough just how well they have done in three short years as a franchise. Two division titles, a Stanley Cup finals appearance in their very first season and three playoff appearances. I haven’t looked up any stats but I’d be surprised if any other franchise in sports has had the same success in the first three years of existence.

Boston-Tampa second round winner likely will win the East.
Vegas and Colorado likely are going to end up playing in the WCF to determine the West.

philly - montreal gonna be interesting friday.. Philly got away with a couple late and then tried to start several fights in the last 30 secs.. I wonder if the late blindside attempt turns into a suspension. pretty dangerous play during dead part of the game. lucky he didnt get a clean shot on it.

Boston-Tampa second round winner likely will win the East.
Vegas and Colorado likely are going to end up playing in the WCF to determine the West.

Agreed on your second point. Boston - Tampa isn’t a guaranteed second round matchup but the most likely matchup based on where the other two series stand now. Islanders have been playing some really good hockey. Flyers are dangerous even if Montreal is giving them a hard time. I wouldn’t be surprised if any of those four ended up winning the East.

The Golden Knights have looked great this whole postseason. They are the favorites in my eyes. I don’t think it can be said enough just how well they have done in three short years as a franchise. Two division titles, a Stanley Cup finals appearance in their very first season and three playoff appearances. I haven’t looked up any stats but I’d be surprised if any other franchise in sports has had the same success in the first three years of existence.

The NHL is a little antsy over their success. They made the Cup final in their first year on the ice, when there are some teams who have been around for years and can't get close. Because there are some real boneheads running some of these teams. Not good for the brand.

vegas got so many perks to help them start.. i wonder if seattle gets that same benefit?

vegas got so many perks to help them start.. i wonder if seattle gets that same benefit?
Vegas GM used their cap space to absorb other teams bad contracts for a ton of draft picks.
He also had Pittsburgh give his team a 2 time Stanley Cup winner goaltender.
Fleury was a big part of their rookie year.

Seattle should be targeting Tuukka Rask if they want the same success.

Second round matchups/predictions
Bruins-Lightning de facto ECF IMO Lighting in 6.

Flyers-Islanders. Flyers in 5

West
Knights-Canucks Knights in 6
Stars- Avalanche Avs in 5

Second round matchups/predictions
Bruins-Lightning de facto ECF IMO Lighting in 6.

Flyers-Islanders. Flyers in 5

West
Knights-Canucks Knights in 6
Stars- Avalanche Avs in 5

I think the Isles will give Philly a series, I see that going 7.

Lightning/Bruins I think also goes to 7.

Vegas in 5
Avs in 6

Fewer games and cooler temperatures will help make the ice a little better up in the Big Onion.

Don't sleep on Dallas or especially Vancouver, who knocked off the defending champs. LV looked impressive because Chicago is a middling team at best. Van has as good an assemblage of young forwards as anyone, and Quinn Hughes is already the best D star no one's heard of.

Fewer games and cooler temperatures will help make the ice a little better up in the Big Onion.

Don't sleep on Dallas or especially Vancouver, who knocked off the defending champs. LV looked impressive because Chicago is a middling team at best. Van has as good an assemblage of young forwards as anyone, and Quinn Hughes is already the best D star no one's heard of.

Vancouver didn’t do themselves any favors in game 1. Vegas looked really good. Looks like a 5 game series to me but I’d love to see a long series especially since I have no dog in the fight. On a side note, it’s hard to believe no Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup since 1993. Canucks are Canada’s last hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom