NIL | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

Whoa! CR is back?!
a27d24_05f41297dc21439ab640209e7a69a880~mv2.jpg

Prediction (zero inside info): ‘24 NYC 5-star Ian Jackson reclasses to ‘23 & becomes the first player awarded this on the hoops side. He turns 18 in February.
Not happening. Calipari was in to see him yesterday and Jackson says Kentucky is his dream scool and would love to play for Calipari. He also said he loves the challenge of stopping players playing man. Kentucky can and will offer more.

I don't like this part...

Adam Weitsman, an Upstate New York entrepreneur who owns waste management, restaurant and cryptocurrency mining businesses, said he plans to target athletes with high wattage name recognition who are “role models.”

Those athletes will get the $1 million, he said, regardless of whether they choose to play sports at SU.

What if Adam "hires" a kid for $1 mil, and the kid ends up at Duke/UNC/Louisville, etc...

That wouldn't be optimal.
NY is an "at will" employment state... It would be very hard to pretend to show up to work from North Carolina, and would definitely void any employment contract signed.

He's not paying recruits a lump sum signing bonus that he wouldn't be able to enforce.

I don’t think so, but was giving it a shot, lol.
Between this - and the Victor Wembanyana thread that calls him a "generational talent," we are getting very close to that "Beetlejuice moment."

I think Aaron Judge's free agency may get us over the hump

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom