NIL | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

Take a shot? How was that taking a shot? What in my post isn’t factual? Like I said, I get asking for some kind of donation from fans and I don’t know if he’s spoken to him about it but I hope he has.

1660407910043.jpeg

Is the proposed prep school/basketball academy in Binghamton with Melo not happening?

Take a shot? How was that taking a shot? What in my post isn’t factual? Like I said, I get asking for some kind of donation from fans and I don’t know if he’s spoken to him about it but I hope he has.

“ shouldn’t he be mostly turning to his close buddy who loves hanging with celebrities and bringing them to games?”

“ shouldn’t he be mostly turning to his close buddy who loves hanging with celebrities and bringing them to games?”
Again, how is that a shot? They are close friends, Weitsman is always hanging out with celebrities and consistently brings them to games. As I already stated, I understand him asking fans for donations to help but the biggest and most impactful donations are going to come from big donors and those with money like Weitsman.

But it’s on the fans and boosters to pay up if they want a good team!

Lol, what a joke.
Bad news for the ACC.

It's suspected each Big 10 school will get approx $100m. The ACC exit fee is also about $100m. ACC schools each get on average approx $35m. We might see programs pay the ACC exit penalty in exchange for that huge Big 10 annual payment plus peace of mind that their program will have a future.

Bad news for the ACC.

It's suspected each Big 10 school will get approx $100m. The ACC exit fee is also about $100m. ACC schools each get on average approx $35m. We might see programs pay the ACC exit penalty in exchange for that huge Big 10 annual payment plus peace of mind that their program will have a future.

While it’s still a hefty chunk of change, my math says it’s $62m per team, not $100m.

And the exit fee
While it’s still a hefty chunk of change, my math says it’s $62m per team, not $100m.
PLUS forfeiture of media rights is well north of $100MM. There was significant concern in the offices of prominent ACC ADs following the USC/UCLA announcement. That concern has dissipated considerably, at least in the short to mid term

Could be, I read a few articles that said they are expected to distribute approximately $100m to each school, but maybe that's including income outside of this particular contract.

Could be, I read a few articles that said they are expected to distribute approximately $100m to each school, but maybe that's including income outside of this particular contract.

Or maybe those writers can’t do math.

Like any school is dumb enough to self report violations. Oh wait, there was one that did. And got one of the worst punishments ever for fairly minor infractions. Never again.

I don’t think they’re looking for anyone to self report. I think they’re asking for teams to narc on other teams if they know something.

I don’t think they’re looking for anyone to self report. I think they’re asking for teams to narc on other teams if they know something.
Do it like governmental whistleblowers. Reporting schools get a percentage/reward of the found violations.

Is there a way to direct where your money goes -- i.e. contribute money directly to men's basketball without it going into the pool for all sports?

Bad news for the ACC.

I don’t think you understand how it works. There is an exit fee. But it’s the grant of rights that are keeping ACC schools bound to their conference. Also, ACC schools are projected to be making closer to $50-60 million in a few years.

Last edited:
I don’t think you understand how it works. There’s an exit fee. But it’s the grant of rights that are keeping ACC schools bound to their conference. Also, ACC schools will be making closer to $50-60 million in a few years.
Oh I see. Yeah I've never read the contracts, just an article or two on the topic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom