NIL | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

NIL

Going into the gray area.

That is potentially $8 million per year if it’s for every year. Four football and four basketball players staying in school for four years. That’s a lot of money if you‘re invested eventually in eight players at a time times for four years is $32 million. Five star players may not stay four years, especially for basketball. Football has to for at least three years.

That is potentially $8 million per year if it’s for every year. Four football and four basketball players staying in school for four years. That’s a lot of money if you‘re invested eventually in eight players at a time times for four years is $32 million. Five star players may not stay four years, especially for basketball. Football has to for at least three years.
That assumes said 5-Star players stay in the program for all four years. Id think that would be highly unlikely.

I mean, as long as it’s legal, this is a massive for the basketball program… isn’t it?! Would love to see some recruiting traction in response, it feels like the Orange have been facing an uphill battle for a while, it’s nice to have some level ground in recruiting

That assumes said 5-Star players stay in the program for all four years. Id think that would be highly unlikely.
For football they have to stay at least three. Basketball not so likely. We currently have a five star basketball players that’s not going anywhere soon.

I don't like this part...

Adam Weitsman, an Upstate New York entrepreneur who owns waste management, restaurant and cryptocurrency mining businesses, said he plans to target athletes with high wattage name recognition who are “role models.”

Those athletes will get the $1 million, he said, regardless of whether they choose to play sports at SU.

What if Adam "hires" a kid for $1 mil, and the kid ends up at Duke/UNC/Louisville, etc...

That wouldn't be optimal.

Adam Weitsman, an Upstate New York entrepreneur who owns waste management, restaurant and cryptocurrency mining businesses, said he plans to target athletes with high wattage name recognition who are “role models.”

Those athletes will get the $1 million, he said, regardless of whether they choose to play sports at SU.

What if Adam "hires" a kid for $1 mil, and the kid ends up at Duke/UNC/Louisville, etc...

He had to say that.

Syracuse basketball players are going to make bank. They are the local pro team. NIL gives us a huge leg up on other northeast programs that have to share their market with pro teams.

wanna go to BC? Good luck getting the local car dealership gig. Syracuse? Each player gets their own.

it’s literally built for big programs in mid sized cities.
Good luck getting car dealers here to pony up big dollars. Syracusans are, by nature, cheap.

The player will not be able to appear in SU branded gear during any commercial I assume? Or pay the school for using the likeness during the ad?
They just identify them in the commercial, like the soda (7-up?) with Bryce Young

Will Adam be donating a million from each business? Are we talking like three separate companies here, for like a total of 12 players per sport?

And what about red shirt years?

Will Adam be donating a million from each business? Are we talking like three separate companies here, for like a total of 12 players per sport?

And what about red shirt years?
No.. I believe Adam is talking one 5-star basketball recruit and one 5-star football recruit.

He also says the spokespeople will have to “come up here.” I’m sure they can contractually require enough local appearances and obligations to make it reasonably prohibitive to be anywhere else.

He also says the spokespeople will have to “come up here.” I’m sure they can contractually require enough local appearances and obligations to make it reasonably prohibitive to be anywhere else.
Correct. So either put bball on hold and come up to Syracuse or go to SU, play and also work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom