Class of 2014 - Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Nile Sykes, LB (IL) Offered

Yeah, good luck to him. Always seemed like he was going to stay close to home. So do we get a visit from Kyle Forde?

i don't think he has an offer?

he could come into play if we lose out on Thomas.

think Thomas is priority right now followed by Demetrius Johnson. From seeing Johnson interviews it sounds like he is ours if we want. Personally if we lose out on Thomas i'd rather see them take those 4, and move onto next class. We have enough young LBers where we don't need any reaches. Load up next year. He would by like 5th or 6th choice

i don't think he has an offer?

he could come into play if we lose out on Thomas.

think Thomas is priority right now followed by Demetrius Johnson. From seeing Johnson interviews it sounds like he is ours if we want. Personally if we lose out on Thomas i'd rather see them take those 4, and move onto next class. We have enough young LBers where we don't need any reaches. Load up next year. He would by like 5th or 6th choice

Yes he has an offer according to TOS.

What a shame...the mystique wins again. I dream of the day that ND football becomes irrelevant like the bball team.

ND fans on 247 calling him a diamond-in-the-rough, some are complaining that lsu and bama didnt offer so he must not be that good. In other news, enoicy got a prediction for Cuse today.

ND fans on 247 calling him a diamond-in-the-rough, some are complaining that lsu and bama didnt offer so he must not be that good. In other news, enoicy got a prediction for Cuse today.
Funny they call a 4 star recruit a diamond in the rough

Cannot fault him for selecting ND. Great academic school if he is interested and ND football has it's halo which is hard to beat. So good luck young man.

I'd assume he's either not qualified or didn't pass admissions.

Eithe way, though wow
"in search of a different fit" per the non premium portion of a TOS story.

Kid is a fantastic player. If it is really him looking for a different fit and not academics, we should be all over him. Dead period apply to transfers too?

"in search of a different fit"

where does it say that? and does that make any sense to you? He's going to look for a different fit a month before camp?

people starting to dig around. appears he reported for summer session (id guess he's qualified then). can't wait for the dirt.

if he actually took a class he'll have to sit out but I'd do whatever i can to bring him.

where does it say that? and does that make any sense to you? He's going to look for a different fit a month before camp?
i edited my post. 24 / 7 had a little blurb before their article went premium.

people starting to dig around. appears he reported for summer session (id guess he's qualified then). can't wait for the dirt.

if he actually took a class he'll have to sit out but I'd do whatever i can to bring him.

Mckenzie Matthews from CBA wanted to leave Pitt 3 days after August training camp started. He would have had to sit a year, but he ended up at a D2 school anyways.

I don't know how it works if a kid wants to leave BEFORE practice starts.

"in search of a different fit" per the non premium portion of a TOS story.
IMO ND recruits players and then make them change over and over again based on their true needs and not what they recruit a kid for, especially at the LB position, hence why Ishaq never took off there. I think he (Ishaq) would have excelled, or at least had a better opportunity too at another school. Now he has 1 season, make or break, where he is now playing the 4th different role in as many seasons. Maybe Sykes saw something but it could be academics. I would bet they already were peppering him into another position after recruiting him for another role.

Mckenzie Matthews from CBA wanted to leave Pitt 3 days after August training camp started. He would have had to sit a year, but he ended up at a D2 school anyways.

I don't know how it works if a kid wants to leave BEFORE practice starts.

didnt mckenzie even go on to play college football? i thought i read somewhere he didnt even really enjoy playing the sport.

didnt mckenzie even go on to play college football? i thought i read somewhere he didnt even really enjoy playing the sport.

He transferred to Bentley University in Massachusetts. I don't know how long he stayed there.