NIT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NIT

I 100% believe I will get a date with Kate Upton, and absolutely will go on any date she invites me on.

And I think my chances with Kate are waaaaay better than Cuse getting into the NIT.

Losing record.
0-10 vs quad 1.
We literally beat nobody of consequence.

Even the (unfairly) much maligned Gillon/Uncle Drew squad had THREE Top 10 wins!!

It would be an epic snub to whichever team got bounced, to allow such an atrociously bad Syracuse team into the tournament.

All points taken.

While it would be an epic snub to some other team, I wonder if financial considerations might work in our favor. Having the Dome as a venue, more people watching on TV, etc. -- would the NIT factor all that in?

I qualify all of the above by acknowledging that I don't expect them to get in.

I 100% believe I will get a date with Kate Upton, and absolutely will go on any date she invites me on.

And I think my chances with Kate are waaaaay better than Cuse getting into the NIT.
It worked for Pete Davidson with Kim Kardashian. If you need some recommendations for pizza places on Staten Island, I’ve got you covered.

Can't say I follow the NIT selections very closely over the year, but I don't think they have ever made an egregious selection like 2022 Syracuse. From what I understand since the NCAA has owned it, they generally have integrity in who they select.

They do play around with the seed lines to keep teams closer to home -- that is actually part of their bylaws. Allows them to get matchups they want.

Good news for NIT Teams looing to get in is that there has been quite a few regular season champs who also won the conference tourney in the smaller conferences. This has opened up more spots for at larges this year than prior year.

Losing record.
0-10 vs quad 1.

Even the (unfairly) much maligned Gillon/Uncle Drew squad had THREE Top 10 wins!!

It would be an epic snub to whichever team got bounced, to allow such an atrociously bad Syracuse team into the tournament.

Let us know how the date with Kate goes.

All points taken.

While it would be an epic snub to some other team, I wonder if financial considerations might work in our favor. Having the Dome as a venue, more people watching on TV, etc. -- would the NIT factor all that in?

That would literally be the only reason we'd get in. We don't even have the resume for the NIT sadly. And if another team got in over us for that reason, the board would be in a total uproar.

Can't say I follow the NIT selections very closely over the year, but I don't think they have ever made an egregious selection like 2022 Syracuse. From what I understand since the NCAA has owned it, they generally have integrity in who they select.

They do play around with the seed lines to keep teams closer to home -- that is actually part of their bylaws. Allows them to get matchups they want.
I think it's very unlikely the NCAA will choose to make a mockery of the NIT selection process this year.

Losing record.
0-10 vs quad 1.

Yeah yeah because the teams getting into the NIT are all so good. It’s about $$

All points taken.

An invite and a home game?

If the NIT has the flexibility...don't be that surprised if the Orange get in.
With the excuse line that they've found their footing and played really well in the ACC tournament.

As mentioned in the CBI thread:
"...notwithstanding the dismal record...SU brings some juice that the tournament would like to have.
A top scorer...a couple of other gunners...the streak...a coach who's been there since dinosaurs ruled the earth...something to prove and the Boeheim family story line."

Let the light shine because it is about the Benjamins.
As a wise man once said, "As much as I like their coffee cake, would Drake really bring more to the tournament than Syracuse?"

In addition, the NCAA would push the storyline of how harsh Buddy's sanction was to throw poo on the ACC, which would be great as well.

Why would we not go to try and get a couple of wins to extend the streak ??

especially now that we seem to be playing better.

not going unravels 50 years of success without a fight that can never be recreated.
I hope the NIT selects us, I want to extend the streak too.

A minor correction: have to win 3 games not 2 to finish with a winning record. 2 wins and a loss would result in a .500 season, 18-18.

Rank these syracusefan.com takes by hotness

Syracuse is going to be selected for the 2022 NIT because ratings/attendance.

Juwan Howard is going to be fired because HR regulations.

_________ __________ should return to Syracuse instead of entering his name in the NBA draft because state income taxes.

9pm ESPNU.

WE WILL GET IN! NIT, if not NIT, then the CBI or bust!!! LGO!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom