NIT | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NIT

When and where is the CBI selection show?

Let me guess.

NCAA: CBS 6 pm Sunday
NIT: ESPNU 9 pm Sunday
CBI: FloSports 2 AM Tuesday
CBI is announced over Twitter. Some of the invited teams have already leaked their invites.

I think like 11 teams have already come out and announced they have accepted bids, so there are only a few slots left.

I mean if we can’t even make the NIT, then changes need to be made.

CBI unusually picks non power conference teams

yeah so far it is like UNC Asheville, Troy, California Baptist (they play D1 basketball?), Florida Atlantic, Rice, etc...

All points taken.

While it would be an epic snub to some other team, I wonder if financial considerations might work in our favor. Having the Dome as a venue, more people watching on TV, etc. -- would the NIT factor all that in?

I qualify all of the above by acknowledging that I don't expect them to get in.

Not to mention the story lines associated with each Cuse game which will not only help live attendance, but also TV ratings.

The potential for each game SU plays to be the last game in JB’s long run and the potential for JB to get the winning season streak back on track.

When your only argument for getting into a secondary tournament is "We are a big name", perhaps you are no longer the big shot that you think you are.

Good luck explaining that to the 'This is Fine' crowd. I love the people who claim that the brand hasn't been hurt and then simultaneously ask why our recruiting is down so much. lol.

And that’s part of the problem in its entirety….
I’m literally amazed there are folks thinking we could have received an NIT invite. I know it’s been 50 years since we’ve had a losing season. Most here don’t even know what that actually means.

Good grief, this was the worst Syracuse team in over a half century, yet some here still think they are worthy of a post season tournament. They stunk and deserve to be sitting on their butts at home.

I’m honestly fine with no post-season on any level.

The guys threw a haymaker at Duke and almost won. Played with pride.

Overall, this year was pretty rough.

Onwards.

Yeah I'm content with last week and am just ready for next year's team

Some of these NiT teams are not a draw nobody cares about Long Beach State I’m so pissed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom