No Buddy threads? | Syracusefan.com

No Buddy threads?

Can't we just tack this onto one of the others already started?

Can't we just tack this onto one of the others already started?

Most of the people who posted in those threads probably don't want them getting bumped.

Buddy has a great stroke. I like bringing him in later in the half. Him and Tyus work well for neither being a true 1 when its just them on the court.

Last edited:
hblp.gif

He's doing great. Better than i expected at this stage. I didn't think he'd be 'here' until next year.
I wish he/the team would do more to create shots. 50% of Cooney's activity would do wonders.

Happy for Buddy. Definitely finding himself out there.

He's doing great. Better than i expected at this stage. I didn't think he'd be 'here' until next year.
I wish he/the team would do more to create shots. 50% of Cooney's activity would do wonders.

Different role. The team needed Cooney to score. Since opponents face-guarded him and he was not able to take defenders off the bounce, the team needed to run him off screens to get open. Hence, the amount of movement.

Buddy is still very much a complementary offensive player. He is not (yet) the primary focus of the opposing team's defense. Hence, he is getting a lot of open looks just off the fact that the opposing team is focused on stopping other guys. In fact, Buddy reminds me a lot of Lydon from Cooney's senior year. Teams were focused on stopping Silent G, Cooney and Malachi so Lydon got a lot of wide open looks from beyond the arc.

If he keeps shooting this way, however, he will start to garner a lot more attention...

I think he showed the ability to drive early in the year and we need more of that when teams finally do react to his three point shooting prowess. If they overplay the 3, drive right by, look for a shot or a dish.

Similar to PC earlier in the year when he was buried. You have to keep working and be ready for your opportunity. Hopefully Carey is doing the same thing. How you handle the loss of PT often defines the career. Hats off to Buddy who is earning his minutes and now has goodwill in the bank - he hadn't built up enough earlier in the year and people were frustrated with what appeared to be more chances to build that good will than the traditional player does. Not sure I understood the Buddy can't play rhetoric or the I told you so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom