Noah Vonleh to the NBA | Syracusefan.com

Noah Vonleh to the NBA

jekelish

Living Legend
And thus begins the mass exodus of this freshman class.

Come on, Tyler...make us all deliriously happy...

Perhaps it's better if more and more people declare...Tyler's stock may go down a bit due to a loaded class.

I'm just reaching.

Also saw that Jeremy Hollowell and Austin Etherington are transferring out of IU.

Perhaps it's better if more and more people declare...Tyler's stock may go down a bit due to a loaded class.

I'm just reaching.

I think that's our best hope. If he's going really high lottery, then it might be too powerful of a compulsion to ignore. If he's sliding down to 15+, that's a different story. The more early entrants slated ahead of him, the better.

I think that's our best hope. If he's going really high lottery, then it might be too powerful of a compulsion to ignore. If he's sliding down to 15+, that's a different story. The more early entrants slated ahead of him, the better.

Glad I'm not the only crazy dreamer on here!

I honestly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Ennis comes back. He is a smart kid with an apparently good family, and they know basketball with his dad won't a coach and his brother also playing D1 ball at Nova. I just honestly think they will be thinking about more than money when it comes to whether he declares.

That said, if he DOES declare, it will be a "strike while the iron is hot" move more than a money grab. I think his stock could absolutely go up, but there's a chance it'll never be higher than right now. He's pretty much a lock top 10 pick at this point.

Come on Tyler. Be like Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger, Harrison Barnes, and so many other recent guys who decided to stay a second year...

I honestly don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Ennis comes back. He is a smart kid with an apparently good family, and they know basketball with his dad won't a coach and his brother also playing D1 ball at Nova. I just honestly think they will be thinking about more than money when it comes to whether he declares.

That said, if he DOES declare, it will be a "strike while the iron is hot" move more than a money grab. I think his stock could absolutely go up, but there's a chance it'll never be higher than right now. He's pretty much a lock top 10 pick at this point.

Come on Tyler. Be like Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger, Harrison Barnes, and so many other recent guys who decided to stay a second year...

Ennis is FAR more important to the success of the 2014-15 Syracuse basketball team than Grant is, IMO. We're not hurting at the forward spots, even with CJ and Baye graduating. C-Mac, Roberson, Silent G, BJ, etc. We're slim at Center if Coleman doesn't recuperate, but far from bare.

If Ennis leaves, we have TWO unproven true PGs in Joseph and Patterson. That's IT.

I wouldn't call Tyler a lock for the top 10 just yet. A lottery lock would be more in line I think.

As much as I would love for Tyler to stay all the guys you mentioned took a hit in draft stock especially Sullinger after staying a year.

As much as I would love for Tyler to stay all the guys you mentioned took a hit in draft stock especially Sullinger after staying a year.
I'm aware, that's why I said it would seem to me to be a strike while the iron is hot move. He will be a better player with another year but I'm not sure he's going to be rated as highly. Of course next year the draft isn't supposed to be as stacked so who knows, he may be a lock top 5 next season based on this year's attrition.

ROCuse said:
Also saw that Jeremy Hollowell and Austin Etherington are transferring out of IU.
Isn't hollowell going where that Purdue dude is going?

With the NCAA's still going on - the draft and lottery is fluid. The NCAA's is a showcase for players where new ones appear and other players drop off. I think both Ennis and Grant's families will seek honest opinions and JB is always honest in seeking evaluations and experts who will guide them in their decision.

Ennis doesn't have the type of game that is going to go bad if he stays. Extremely under control, he will only get higher in the draft with a better 3 pt shot and finishing stronger.

And another Jonny Marlin transferring, and another one that just quit the hoops part. That makes you really think what's going on behind the scenes with crean there.

ssbriefcase said:
And another Jonny Marlin transferring, and another one that just quit the hoops part. That makes you really think what's going on behind the scenes with crean there.
Sooo many transfers it seems

Oh yeah, and Luke Fischer transferred out of there mid-season. Wow... Where there's smoke there's fire I'm thinking..

Fear of the Scarlet R.
Can't say that blame them.

Soon there will be 60 underclassmen declaring for the NBA draft. Each is convinced they are getting one of the 30 first round slots.

Or they just don't want to be in school anymore. I think many know they will not be first rounders -- now or if they stay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom