Noel done wow | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Noel done wow

You should check out Wolfmother, Marsh... They sound like Sabbath, Led Zep, a little Yes or Purple with the keys/ organ. First album was self-titled. 2nd was called Cosmic Egg.
late to this thread, but you just hit 4 of the monsters in my ipod, gonna check out the wolf now.

hijack.gif

i watched the replay - how does the knee get mangled like that? it looked like he just came down and hit the padding but just based on that it didn't look out of the ordinary.

how in the hell is he projected as the top draft pick?

i watched a few games and it must be based on potential - because he has no real game

Yeah he's terrible, besides that whole "he was actually one of the best big men in the country" thing.

Add this to "I only saw the one second round game, but James Harden sucks" and the "LeBron is overrated" lines of thinking.

Horrific.

As someone who has suffered a multitude of basketball related knee injuries [ACL tear, multiple arthroscopes, dislocated knee caps], this hits really close to home. I cringe whenever I see joint injuries.

I'm no UK fan, but I feel for the kid.

you have your opinion i have mine-
i just dont have the superior attitude about mine you have-

and i stand by mine- if thats what you call a great big man- lol

you have your opinion i have mine-
i just dont have the superior attitude about mine you have-

and i stand by mine- if thats what you call a great big man- lol

He is no anthony Davis, but he is pretty impressive defensively. Just look at the play where he injured himself. That was indicative of his hustle and ability to time his jump

Wow, the picture looks gruesome. I doubt it is a bruise as was mentioned very early on in this thread, before the 10 pages of music. But I did have a very bad knee bruise a few years ago from a car accident. I felt as if my knee shattered. I was wheeled all thru the hospital because they also thought it was shattered. It was not. But I did need crutches for a couple of days, and it hurt for about a year before all the pain went away. Was shocked at all of that from a bruised knee. From the picture, he is all twisted up, so I think something much worse also.
I hope he has some sort of insurance based on his future potential earnings. I know this used to be done. Hope it still is and he had it.

so spend the first pick on a kid who can play some defense?

thats why the nba sucks so much-

the majority of teams pay thru the nose for no talent but potential -

just look at that goof who can only dunk griffith or whatever -

so spend the first pick on a kid who can play some defense?

thats why the nba sucks so much-

the majority of teams pay thru the nose for no talent but potential -

just look at that goof who can only dunk griffith or whatever -

Are you talking about Blake Griffin? He averages 20 and 10. I would say that is pretty good.

I made the switch to XM 2 years ago for music. 95X and KRock are pathetic.

Anyone remember the old 94 Rock? Loved that station

Marsh, sounds like you should give 105.9 The Rebel a try.

No doubt, the majority of current popular rock bands (if around then) would be warm up bands for the 80's headliners. Not many great ones out there today. I don't know about you, but for me, watching the Grammy's the past several years is darn right painful...they used to really rock in the gool 'ol days. :)
I'm 43 and am as obsessive about music as I am about the Orange. I as many of you agree that they don't write 'em like they used to, but to say there is no good rock music around today is not really accurate. Although I worship the classic rock stations I grew up listening to in Syracuse, they really were just generic classic rock machines. Never dug into deep album cuts of the classic artists or ranged from the classic rock canon. You really needed to explore yourself if you were a true student of music. I think of a radio station like WXRT here in Chicago and it puts my old beloved 95x or 104.7 kix fm to shame. However, I digress. If you want some OUTSTANDING newer rock, you need look no further than the dreaded Grammy's (yes the Grammy's). It's out there, "just got to poke around" as a great one once said...Oh, and BTW, hope NN is OK.

Mine was a dislocated knee cap so vicious the bottom of my knee cap was cracked like an egg shell with pieces of bone floating around. The first time was the worst but its happened twice on both knees,

Umm, did you owe someone serious $'s or something?

Seriously, sorry that happened to you, that is some bad luck.

Umm, did you owe someone serious $'s or something?

Seriously, sorry that happened to you, that is some bad luck.
Football I was returning a punt. I don't like thinking about it lol.

Football I was returning a punt. I don't like thinking about it lol.

I don't like hearing about it. I can't, and don't want to, imagine how much that hurt. Any residual pain still?

I don't like hearing about it. I can't, and don't want to, imagine how much that hurt. Any residual pain still?
Yes when it gets cold out I feel it even when I'm inside. I still power through it running 25 miles a week!

Yes when it gets cold out I feel it even when I'm inside. I still power through it running 25 miles a week!
Sucks man, sorry. At least I get to be a human barometer, stupid knee can usually tell 12-24 hours before rain coming.
Yay.

how in the hell is he projected as the top draft pick?

i watched a few games and it must be based on potential - because he has no real game

I agree - Anthony Davis was a better defensive player and had more offensive skill and right now he looks like an NBA player and nothing more - these kids are athletic as hell but they are not Tim Duncan or Shaq or Ewing - they are tweeners - they are PF /C's - Duncan may be listed as a PF/C but that's because David Robinson was there - he is a dominant big man - no way in hell Noel is going to be a dominant big man just like Davis is not translating into that - they end up being something like Birdman and all the scouts think they have that dominant 7 ft Center that virtually guarantees a ring (every dominant Center other than Ewing has a ring going back in history) - let alone Noel has no offensive low post moves - him being the #1 pick is a big joke - I don't want to hate on him because in our system he would have been the ultimate Cuse Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom