Noel done wow | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Noel done wow

All I listen to is 70's and 80's and hair nation and a metal station. I gave up on new music about 10 years ago

There is actually an amazing amount of good new rock music out there. But you're not going to find it on the radio or XM/Sirius.

Reactions: MGP
I like Linkin Park. HATED Limp Bizkit.

I thank God everyday for satellite radio (Boneyard, Hair Nation, etc.) because local radio is just BRUTAL to listen to, but Syracuse radio has never been great. Still, What happened to 95X and K-Rock?! The crap they play now is just that. Crap. It's nothing but guttural groans and howls all day long. It all sounds the same to me. One band, one song blends into the next, and it makes my ears bleed. I grew up with Sabbath, AC/DC, Ozzy, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, etc, so I am no stranger to head banging and hard rock vocals. I'm not trying to sound like my mother, but my gosh that crap on 95X is HORRIBLE. If I wanted to listen to crap like that I would kick JoeCollege in the balls and make him to scream into shoebox.

Yeah, I don't get why wonder metal singers aren't singers, most of them do those awful guttural screams and the songs lack melody.

I like Linkin Park. HATED Limp Bizkit.

I thank God everyday for satellite radio (Boneyard, Hair Nation, etc.) because local radio is just BRUTAL to listen to, but Syracuse radio has never been great. Still, What happened to 95X and K-Rock?! The crap they play now is just that. Crap. It's nothing but guttural groans and howls all day long. It all sounds the same to me. One band, one song blends into the next, and it makes my ears bleed. I grew up with Sabbath, AC/DC, Ozzy, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, etc, so I am no stranger to head banging and hard rock vocals. I'm not trying to sound like my mother, but my gosh that crap on 95X is HORRIBLE. If I wanted to listen to crap like that I would kick JoeCollege in the balls and make him to scream into shoebox.

Haha! Agree. I still usually listen to K-rock but on long rides I typically plug in my phone and put on Pandora. Depending on my mood my five main stations are: Staind, Pearl Jam, Citizen Cope, Eminem, Bonobo.

There is actually an amazing amount of good new rock music out there. But you're not going to find it on the radio or XM/Sirius.

Too stubborn and I love old music too much to waste time with new bands.

I'm eclectic when it come to my musical taste. 'Within you or without you' I am rooting for Syracuse. ;) Hugh Cornwell

All I listen to is 70's and 80's and hair nation and a metal station. I gave up on new music about 10 years ago

No doubt, the majority of current popular rock bands (if around then) would be warm up bands for the 80's headliners. Not many great ones out there today. I don't know about you, but for me, watching the Grammy's the past several years is darn right painful...they used to really rock in the gool 'ol days. :)

Please enlighten me about good new hard rock, metal.. I love some modern alternative music like The Raconteurs, The Shins, White Stripes, The Walkmen. One good hard rock band for you headbangers is Wolfmother.

Maybe we should take this discussion to the Entertainment board outrespect for our former Hi-topped prize recruit's torn ligaments?

If not... Ham, when I say doesn't hold a candle, I am talking about in overall rock accomplishment as this juncture. Linkin Park would not exist without Black Sabbath.

It is subjective. I was 26 or so when Numb came out. I've been aware of them. They have just always kind of annoyed me. Subjective. I look at the like i look at say Audioslave, I want to like it, but just the voice pisses me off. like Of course individual taste are subjective,

I think that 300 band post is coming over there as Marsh made me think. I know I would enjoy Minicuse's full list. We should make a three good song rule...

No doubt, the majority of current popular rock bands (if around then) would be warm up bands for the 80's headliners. Not many great ones out there today. I don't know about you, but for me, watching the Grammy's the past several years is darn right painful...they used to really rock in the gool 'ol days. :)

Oh hell I havent watched the grammys since Milli Vanilli won best new artist. My wife tried to get me to watch a little the other night and I was literally embarrassed for the music industry.

I gotcha bro.
Since I've hijacked this thread back from cusetown and his 80s "hits" :) , I can't stop listening to this song. Just eerie. Makes me think of junior high school. Also make me think of how old I am, lol, but still...song gives me the chills it's so fargan good.

Oh hell I havent watched the grammys since Milli Vanilli won best new artist. My wife tried to get me to watch a little the other night and I was literally embarrassed for the music industry.
I heard Beyonce sings a doozy of a national anthem.

Too stubborn and I love old music too much to waste time with new bands.
You should check out Wolfmother, Marsh... They sound like Sabbath, Led Zep, a little Yes or Purple with the keys/ organ. First album was self-titled. 2nd was called Cosmic Egg.

You should check out Wolfmother, Marsh... They sound like Sabbath, Led Zep, a little Yes or Purple with the keys/ organ. First album was self-titled. 2nd was called Cosmic Egg.

If you recommend it I will certainly check it out

Please enlighten me about good new hard rock, metal.. I love some modern alternative music like The Raconteurs, The Shins, White Stripes, The Walkmen. One good hard rock band for you headbangers is Wolfmother.

My music interests are usually all over the place. I've been listening to Devin Townsend alot lately. Straight Line Stitch I like alot and the singer is adorable. Pure Reason Revolution, although they have recently split, is an interesting Floyd-influenced band. I like most of Coheed and Cambria's stuff. The Mars Volta is phenomenal.

I made the switch to XM 2 years ago for music. 95X and KRock are pathetic.

Anyone remember the old 94 Rock? Loved that station

94 Rock was AWESOME!! SKY 101 was another awesome station that lasted about 3 months. Heck, I remember 104.7 KIX FM being solid before the 104's were taken over by Country.

I've traveled all over the US and there are some kick ass local rock radio stations around. Heck, Rochester has a couple that blow Syracuse radio away. The state of Syracuse music radio is pretty bad.

Since I've hijacked this thread back from cusetown and his 80s "hits" :) , I can't stop listening to this song. Just eerie. Makes me think of junior high school. Also make me think of how old I am, lol, but still...song gives me the chills it's so fargan good.

Like I said. I can hear it in my head at will. That B/C#m/E is great. The into solo. two verses bridge outro it is the perfect metal ballad.

My music interests are usually all over the place. I've been listening to Devin Townsend alot lately. Straight Line Stitch I like alot and the singer is adorable. Pure Reason Revolution, although they have recently split, is an interesting Floyd-influenced band. I like most of Coheed and Cambria's stuff. The Mars Volta is phenomenal.
Don't like C & C or Mars Volta... I've heard of Devin Townsend, not the others.

Maybe we should take this discussion to the Entertainment board outrespect for our former Hi-topped prize recruit's torn ligaments?

If not... Ham, when I say doesn't hold a candle, I am talking about in overall rock accomplishment as this juncture. Linkin Park would not exist without Black Sabbath.

It is subjective. I was 26 or so when Numb came out. I've been aware of them. They have just always kind of annoyed me. Subjective. I look at the like i look at say Audioslave, I want to like it, but just the voice pisses me off. like Of course individual taste are subjective,

I think that 300 band post is coming over there as Marsh made me think. I know I would enjoy Minicuse's full list. We should make a three good song rule...

My full list of what? Am I supposed to be making a list of some sort?

If you get to around the 0:55 mark, when Calipari is talking to Donovan, does it seem like he says "I think it popped out"?
Link
Pretty sure he's got a dislocation and/or ligament damage to his left knee.
Really nasty injury, looks like this is a two-pronged event, the force of the banging and twisting after.

My full list of what? Am I supposed to be making a list of some sort?

300 bands. Sorry stream of thought I was referencing my response to marsh earlier.

At some point I will make a list of all the bands I can think of. Marsh said he could name 50. I bet the list for me would be >300. I am working on it. I know you could do it, and probably name the line up and all their albums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom