Noel done wow | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Noel done wow

You're crying to mommy because of this? The comment was tasteless but who cares. Everyone has an opinion.

You're crying to mommy because of this? The comment was tasteless but who cares. Everyone has an opinion.

This thread has been completed with a BlueCurtain post.

This is bad. Since this is a useless internet forum ill go with Patellar tendon tear/MCL & ACL and Cody Catalina type catastrophic. I feel terrible for him. It never would have happened in a zone. (yes I am kind of embarrassed for posting that but I am what I am)

Truly hope he can come back from it at all, as really am afraid it is catastrophic. I've been known to be a cynic, and the fact that it happened on great clean hustle play makes this speculation sensible given the unfairness of life.

I would consider this one of their best and most well known songs. Remember-- this type of music isn't the "same" as classic rock nor should it be. Also a great mashup of this with Jay-Z's "Encore". This song always pumped my roommates and I up for a night of boozing. Then we blacked out.

that is an AWESOME band, and I'm nearly 50.

some of their best stuff right here:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=sFJnu2Pi8jQ&desktop_uri=/watch?v=sFJnu2Pi8jQ

go right to the 36:53 mark on this one...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=bDv8queBJkc&desktop_uri=/watch?v=bDv8queBJkc

I made the switch to XM 2 years ago for music. 95X and KRock are pathetic.

Anyone remember the old 94 Rock? Loved that station
I never liked Tommy Nast. I did listen to 'Sound Check' on 95x with Dave Frisina on Sunday nites.

300 bands. Sorry stream of thought I was referencing my response to marsh earlier.

At some point I will make a list of all the bands I can think of. Marsh said he could name 50. I bet the list for me would be >300. I am working on it. I know you could do it, and probably name the line up and all their albums.

I have almost 700 cds from about 400 different artists. Naming 300 bands would be easy. About half would be bands i've seen live.

I saw you posted Cuseregular and though it was a noel knee status update. :oops:

I have almost 700 cds from about 400 different artists. Naming 300 bands would be easy. About half would be bands i've seen live.

Like I said...

Yeah, shocker... I know... But they do have good workout stuff... I make my playlists...some good Sabbath workout tunes: Never Say Die, The Wizard, After Forever, Tomorrow's Dream, Looking For Today, Symptom of the Universe... Etc...
what about Laguna Sunrise?

I saw you posted Cuseregular and though it was a noel knee status update. :oops:

Like I said...
heres the best video I've seen:

http://krod.com/lets-hope-the-noel-injury-is-not-as-bad-as-it-looks-video/

watch the instability and wiggle as he tries to stand on it and worse yet the picture of it. Given the mechanism of injury looks like full thickness all the way through ACL tear at the very least. Likely MCL too and some meniscal cartilage damage known as the dreaded terrible triad of Odononhue injury . Done for year obviously and maybe more.

In the old days 20+ years ago this was a career ender but with modern medicine people can recover and prosper, at least in football with Peterson and Mcgahee the best examples. Not sure if a hoops player has had as good a recovery as the nature of the game seems to be harder on the knees. Absolutely aweful.

Is there any precedent for entering the daft and sitting out the first year? I know McGahee did it, but that's football.
T'Wolves knew they would not have Rubio for at least a year after they drafted him.

whoa,
Nerlens Noel's knee and then 10 pages of music talk

T'Wolves knew they would not have Rubio for at least a year after they drafted him.
But the difference is Rubio was playing in another league, while Nerlens will likely be coming off of reconstructive knee surgery.

heres the best video I've seen:

http://krod.com/lets-hope-the-noel-injury-is-not-as-bad-as-it-looks-video/

watch the instability and wiggle as he tries to stand on it and worse yet the picture of it. Given the mechanism of injury looks like full thickness all the way through ACL tear at the very least. Likely MCL too and some meniscal cartilage damage known as the dreaded terrible triad of Odononhue injury . Done for year obviously and maybe more.

In the old days 20+ years ago this was a career ender but with modern medicine people can recover and prosper, at least in football with Peterson and Mcgahee the best examples. Not sure if a hoops player has had as good a recovery as the nature of the game seems to be harder on the knees. Absolutely aweful.

The picture really shows the extent to which his knee bent. Hopefully he can come back from it. Derrick Rose is the latest example of basketball players who never seem to make it back from severe knee injuries.

Listened to Devin Townsend for the first time in November or December after seeing Rush with a few friends. Good stuff. One of the other really solid hard rock/metal (kinda) bands that I got into recently was Baroness. They released a double album last year that was probably one of my favorites of 2012. Going towards more mainstream rock, right now you can't beat The Black Keys (Brothers and El Camino have to be two of the best albums of the last decade and they came out just over a year apart) and Jack White who put out Blunderbuss which was my favorite album of 2012. A lot of the other stuff I've been listening to recently is more indie and folk stuff, which opens up a bunch of other doors. We'll save that for another thread.

Listened to Devin Townsend for the first time in November or December after seeing Rush with a few friends. Good stuff. One of the other really solid hard rock/metal (kinda) bands that I got into recently was Baroness. They released a double album last year that was probably one of my favorites of 2012. Going towards more mainstream rock, right now you can't beat The Black Keys (Brothers and El Camino have to be two of the best albums of the last decade and they came out just over a year apart) and Jack White who put out Blunderbuss which was my favorite album of 2012. A lot of the other stuff I've been listening to recently is more indie and folk stuff, which opens up a bunch of other doors. We'll save that for another thread.

I've seen Rush about half a dozen times. (Relevant to earlier discussion, Neil Peart is a Linkin Park fan.) Almost everything that Devin has done, I like. Devin's Strapping Young Lad is a little bit too extreme for me, much like Meshuggah or Between The Buried And Me. All of the Devin Townsend Project stuff is great. Addicted and Epicloud with Anneke van Giersbergen in particular. Her stuff with The Gathering and solo is pretty good, as well.

The Black Keys I've tried to get into and I just can't do it. They just seem like douchy posers to me. Their music, for me, always seems to come right up to the edge of being good but then fails to deliver a genuine blues experience. Or even a heartfelt blues-influenced sort of thing. I don't know, they seem like the Oasis of blues wannabees to me. Jack White, on the other hand, I like and respect as a musician.

I made the switch to XM 2 years ago for music. 95X and KRock are pathetic.

Anyone remember the old 94 Rock? Loved that station
Ahhhhh... A buddy on my floor in Lawrinson (Phil LoCascio) was the last DJ on 94 Rock when they changed format.

The station's last song: "Long Live Rock" - The Who.

You can't talk about 80's music without mentioning Rick Astley, he's darn good.

image.jpg

how in the hell is he projected as the top draft pick?

i watched a few games and it must be based on potential - because he has no real game

That is a horrible looking, Joe Theismann-like injury...just nasty to look it...Hope everything works out well for him.

how in the hell is he projected as the top draft pick?

i watched a few games and it must be based on potential - because he has no real game

The NBA has been drafting on potential for quite a few years now...

By the way...thought this was music a thread...take the Nerlens stuff to another thread!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom