Nooner Attendance vs Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nooner Attendance vs Pitt

Hopefully the dreaded “wintry mix” forecast over much of CNY doesn’t kill the attendance.
Nah wintry mix usually means snow won’t be an issue

Freezing rain and sleet. Some roads are a sheet of ice like my driveway. The Thruway coming from the west has numerous cars in the ditch, some with air bags released.

Freezing rain and sleet. Some roads are a sheet of ice like my driveway. The Thruway coming from the west has numerous cars in the ditch, some with air bags released.

Car flipped over on thruway

Was gonna post that the crowd looked solid on TV and sounded pretty good for the type of game that leads to a quieter crowd watching a lead dwindle.

Should have a great one for Duke especially if we don’t lose to Clemson. Won’t have fans on the opposite goal line like past games but everyone there should be jacked up.

Was gonna post that the crowd looked solid on TV and sounded pretty good for the type of game that leads to a quieter crowd watching a lead dwindle.

Should have a great one for Duke especially if we don’t lose to Clemson. Won’t have fans on the opposite goal line like past games but everyone there should be jacked up.

Not so sure. It’s a Saturday night game against Duke in February - the heart of the college hoops regular season. And our team is back in the mix of things. I don’t see why this one cant get 32-33,000?

Not so sure. It’s a Saturday night game against Duke in February - the heart of the college hoops regular season. And our team is back in the mix of things. I don’t see why this one cant get 32-33,000?

Nothing past the 50 has currently sold you can get first row still over there. Last year all those were sold or pink dotted preseason coming off a sweet 16. 35k means the entire sideline upper level is full.

We are charging 50 plus fees to sit over there I don’t blame anyone for not spending that and opting for the couch instead. AD should smarten up and let whomever wants to go and sit on the opposing 20 yard line in for 10-20 bucks. Our fan support is excellent considering the outrageous prices we charge to watch hoops in a football stadium.

Nothing past the 50 has currently sold you can get first row still over there. Last year all those were sold or pink dotted preseason coming off a sweet 16. 35k means the entire sideline upper level is full.

We are charging 50 plus fees to sit over there I don’t blame anyone for not spending that and opting for the couch instead. AD should smarten up and let whomever wants to go and sit on the opposing 20 yard line in for 10-20 bucks. Our fan support is excellent considering the outrageous prices we charge to watch hoops in a football stadium.

Jeez. Yeah, $50+ is absolutely laughable for those seats.

wonder how this works out next yr with the new scoreboard that can more easily try to watch the game and the board at the same time will people come to big games with a better viewing option

Should be easy to get 32,000 or more for Duke.

The university’s greedy for charging over $30 past the 50 yard line.

Should be easy to get 32,000 or more for Duke.

The university’s greedy for charging over $30 past the 50 yard line.

So, even though it’s been proven that people are willing and able to pay a whopping $30 for nosebleed seats, and they greedily sell thousands of them for big games like this, they should charge less

because, reasons? :rolleyes:

You shouldn’t have slept thru Econ 101.

Let me explain.
No, there is too much - let me sum up:
Supply & Demand.

So, even though it’s been proven that people are willing and able to pay a whopping $30 for nosebleed seats, and they greedily sell thousands of them for big games like this, they should charge less

because, reasons?

You shouldn’t have slept thru Econ 101.

Let me explain.
No, there is too much - let me sum up:
Supply & Demand.
Judging by the fact that this isn’t Ennis’ undefeated orange team, and the advertising for saturday’s match up has been literally non existent compared to last year... i think your demand’s going to be found a bit wanting.

That’s a joke and SU should be ashamed to charge that for those trash seats. They should give a free concussion examination to anyone that pays that.

That’s a joke and SU should be ashamed to charge that for those trash seats. They should give a free concussion examination to anyone that pays that.

I long for the days when 1)They sold “youth tickets” for up to age 18 for $6, 2)My friends and I could still pass for 18 and would order youth tickets with no shame at the Dome on Gameday. 3)We’d get there really early and sit in the back of the unsold section next to the lower student section. There’s a few rows of seats in that section that aren’t blocked by the bleachers on the side of the court, and they really aren’t bad seats.

It was quite the setup to be in the building for cheap with decent seats for all the big 30,000 crowd games, that we couldn’t otherwise get decent tickets for.

Going from that to paying $50 to actually sit up in those nose bleeds? Hard pass.

I hate 9am (Pacific time) games. Not so different from trying to watch Formula 1 live.
Glad to see that I’m not the only one here that enjoys F1. Max! :)