North Carolina Gameday... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina Gameday...

Cook has had a good game today, just a bad decision at an unfortunately critical moment.

While it doesn't quite feel like it, they've been better this second half. Just too big of a hole made in the first half to dig out of.

18 goals to this UNC team is way way to many. Personnel and strategy is not working.

if this team can’t beat duke and hopkins next two games gonna not end well. Mark under 50% today which defense did not help but think mark let some shots in he should have kept getting beat near side high which can’t happen.

That entire double team sequence stunk.

Petro needs to run that drill this week because that was pathetic.

I’m not a fan of using SSDM on the wing for every face off.

Rice looked tired on that FO they gave UNC the TO.

we struggling worst then other teams picking up first time ground balls costing us extra possessions. Play though to maryland faceoffs being big killer in that game then get smoked by unc today

Cook has had a good game today, just a bad decision at an unfortunately critical moment.

While it doesn't quite feel like it, they've been better this second half. Just too big of a hole made in the first half to dig out of.
I missed the first half so thanks for the comment.

11 second on shot clock n mark leaves cage stupid. Why also do we not ever throw a zone d in at times just to mix it up. I truely can’t tell at times if really is the players or coaching. Young team and not high expectations but defense still just isn’t that much improved. Also defense needs to stop playing so far off guys get on them don’t allow them to pass and catch without having to move. Another weekend miserable from watching cuse take a lost this one hurts worst then maryland.

Krieg has been really good. That’s like one small silver lining, is against most other goalies this is prolly a 15-18 goal performance from us.

11 second on shot clock n mark leaves cage stupid. Why also do we not ever throw a zone d in at times just to mix it up. I truely can’t tell at times if really is the players or coaching. Young team and not high expectations but defense still just isn’t that much improved. Also defense needs to stop playing so far off guys get on them don’t allow them to pass and catch without having to move. Another weekend miserable from watching cuse take a lost this one hurts worst then maryland.
You have some great posts so please take this as a request from someone with older eyesight.

Paragraphs are your friend.

I want to read your stuff but my eyes turtle up at a wall of text.

Defense has looked like last years team the last 2 games. Have to wonder how much longer the Petro expirement is going to go beyond this year. The personnel id a major issue but the strategy and design hasn't been great. Losing Figuerias hurts a lot but that's no excuse to give up 19 goals to this UNC team. Have to wonder about Gaits future as well.

You have some great posts so please take this as a request from someone with older eyesight.

Paragraphs are your friend.

I want to read your stuff but my eyes turtle up at a wall of text.
hahah i know i’m sorry my mind goes mile min n fingers just go will try to keep it down. All good not offended.

Certainly plenty to work on for Duke. Think we should probably expect inconsistency with playing so many freshman/young guys in general. Still not sure what the defensive gameplan was today based on UNC's strengths? Face-offs improved as the game went on, but again as many fans continue to say the wing play just leaves a lot to be desired. They need guys that can go out there and get the damn ball off the carpet. Hopefully they can show improvement because the rest of ACC play kind of scares me right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom