North Carolina Gameday... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina Gameday...

I do have to say tho mark leaning left when goes down bugs me lol. That last unc goal if he stays in front of ball it’s a save but he leans to left using stick n legs n catches it but not enough to stop it. Either way he made big saves at times. Faceoffs wasn’t pretty in beginning for sure but got some but we need to pick up gbs first time way way better. Miss it twice before gets taken other way.

LFG!!!! Big win! So many unforced errors... we can clean those up and march on!

Murphy will be addition by subtraction next year. He’s unplayable
Murphy a UNC in cell? The kid has been useless
That turnover in the open field was horrendous but he also had one of the grittiest ground balls of the season, drawing a penalty in the process, that led to a huge goal on the delayed call & played solid 1v1 D late in the 4th.

I didn't see the game but it looks like Krieg didn't have a great game based on the stats.
Nice to finally win one when the stats were against us. Sign of a team on the rise.

Spallina alertly calling timeout while laying on his stomach with possession saved this game. I’m curious as to why the shot clock reset after his last shot went wide. Kirst took the ball off the end line with 16 secs left on the shot clock before the refs bumped it up. Did ESPN have the clock wrong or did Spallina’s shot get a piece of the goalie?

Last year was the first in schools history that the football team, the men's basketball team and the men's lacrosse team all had losing records. I changed my avatar to Bret Maverick when I posted my football preview in August, making a rare prediction that all three teams would have winning records this year. The football team came through, despite losing 6 of their last 7 games. The basketball team came through despite losing 5 of their last 6 games. The lacrosse team is now 8-5 with two remaining games against top 3 teams to go. They are guaranteed to have a winning regular season record. If they lose to Virginia and Duke, but still make the tournament but lose in the first round, they could be 8-8. Any other scenario and we've done it.

Spallina alertly calling timeout while laying on his stomach with possession saved this game. I’m curious as to why the clock reset after his shot went wide & Kirst backed up? Kirst took the ball off the end line with 16 secs left on the shot clock before the refs bumped it up. Did ESPN have the clock wrong or did Spallina’s shot get a piece of the goalie?

Goalie caught a piece of it.

Nice job leo cause think overtime would go against us as seemed our d was getting tired. After that bone head pass by murphy when NO ONE was on him he n aviles were hugging back prob cause beat tired but unc scored anyway. So nice work to get last shot and make it count. This team def believing now. Also might make sure we keep guys here. But would love to see cohen get more runs as cordes. Either huge win now let’s take least one of these next two.

Either way would say second year has def been improvement with room to grow also. Also next year we are gonna be very solid with every one having year under and defense having year playing together. I do wonder if mark will stay since having such great year can see him being a top draft pick in pll. But we do have mc cool.

That turnover in the open field was horrendous but he also had one of the grittiest ground balls of the season, drawing a penalty in the process, that led to a huge goal on the delayed call & played solid 1v1 D late in the 4th.
He did play solid 1v1 in the 4th. I was clearly extremely frustrated. And it’s almost more infuriating cause I know he belongs but for F’s sake play smart

He did play solid 1v1 in the 4th. I was clearly extremely frustrated. And it’s almost more infuriating cause I know he belongs but for F’s sake play smart
I hear ya. The countless careless turnovers, failed clears, & missed GBs, especially 1st time GBs, were driving me nuts all day. Good teams find a way to overcome & pull out wins. This team is growing up before our eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom