Not a lot of raves for Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Not a lot of raves for Nassib

KaiserUEO

2022 and 2x ESPN Tourney Challenge Winner
i really havnt seen any yet.

heres the report from yesterdays practice.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...mbo-looks-on-both-sides-of-the-ball-1.5798434

-Nassib was not very sharp today, particularly on longer passes. He had warning track power in a home run derby. He threw a floated down the field for Barden that was incomplete and later launched a duck of a pass for Brandon Collins that was underthrown and intercepted by Junior Mertile. It was the second pick in two days for Mertile, who intercepted Nassib yesterday.

for those of you scoring at home, thats at least 4 ints in 3 days.

Pugh mentioned in there too as a tackle eligible. last thing we need is him short-arming a TD pass...

Oh Lord

Let's not lump Pugh with Nassib, please?
hey, i ignored that part that said Pugh is not getting any push on his blocks....
:eek::noidea::bang:

Oh Lord

http://www.newsday.com/sports/footb...mbo-looks-on-both-sides-of-the-ball-1.5798434

-Nassib was not very sharp today, particularly on longer passes. He had warning track power in a home run derby. He threw a floated down the field for Barden that was incomplete and later launched a duck of a pass for Brandon Collins that was underthrown and intercepted by Junior Mertile. It was the second pick in two days for Mertile, who intercepted Nassib yesterday.

Pugh mentioned in there too as a tackle eligible. last thing we need is him short-arming a TD pass...

Oh Lord

http://syracusefan.com/threads/lots-of-raves-for-ryan-nassib.54985/#post-701284

He's is a way better position than DM's boy in Buffalo.

You mean Nassib hasn't passed Eli Manning on the depth chart yet? On the final day of July??

Bust!!!!!
his status as a 'bust' will only apply if he is not the backup and only other QB on the roster next year.

but basically, as a 4th rounder he will be spared that label.

Oh Lord

They didn't draft Nassib to take over Eli's job right away. They drafted Nassib as a potential replacement for him many years down the road. They have some time to work on his throwing. His arm power is there, he just needs to work on his accuracy of the long ones.

So I give you one of these back: Oh Lord

They didn't draft Nassib to take over Eli's job right away. They drafted Nassib as a potential replacement for him many years down the road. They have some time to work on his throwing. His arm power is there, he just needs to work on his accuracy of the long ones.

So I give you one of these back: Oh Lord
i applaud the effort, but hes not Eli's replacement.

at least for his, the Giants and my sake...i sure hope not. ideally, Eli has about 8 or 9 years left.

Nassib is there to be traded, hopefully for a 2nd rounder in about 3 years.

Oh Lord

at least for his, the Giants and my sake...i sure hope not. ideally, Eli has about 8 or 9 years left.

Oh Lord

So Eli's going to have an 18 or 19 year career?

he prob has another good 6 years. he is durable. to say nassib is eli's replacement is far fetched. they brought a guy in to be a backup and see what he becomes. if eli is injured next year, nassib steps up and plays well and then eli comes back, bet your ass he will be trade bait.

So Eli's going to have an 18 or 19 year career?
No way. He's not as cerebral as Peyton. Peyton will play more years because with his eroding physical skills, guy still knows how to get it done. That said, if the game was on the line, I'm taking Eli every day and twice on Sunday over Peyton.

I think he has 4-5 years left. Great QB and maybe will find his way to the HOF because of the Superbowl victories.

Oh Lord

Eli isn't in a Giants uniform in 8 or 9 years unless he's willing to do deal restructuring every year in 3 to 4 years.

Nassib is fine. If Eli gets hurt this year, we are screwed if he is capable or not as a backup. We are built to win now.

If he stinks, we get rid of him. If he gets better, great. For a 4th round pick, I'm not that concerned at the moment.

I'm much more interested in Pugh being able to get in the OL rotation and eventually get a starting spot by mid year.

Eli isn't in a Giants uniform in 8 or 9 years unless he's willing to do deal restructuring every year in 3 to 4 years.

Nassib is fine. If Eli gets hurt this year, we are screwed if he is capable or not as a backup. We are built to win now.

If he stinks, we get rid of him. If he gets better, great. For a 4th round pick, I'm not that concerned at the moment.

I'm much more interested in Pugh being able to get in the OL rotation and eventually get a starting spot by mid year.
boom goes the dynamite.

spot on

The most noteworthy thing I've learned after reading this thread is that Eli Manning is 32 years old. Holy crap, time flies.

But I do think that Nassib is probably more likely to be trade bait than Eli's successor. I'm thinking a Kevin Kolb type of career in that regard.

A former Orangeman is QB on the Giants.

Kaiser is clearly torn on whether to savagely rip him or give him a virtual man-on-man pelvis-touching hug.

A former Orangeman is QB on the Giants.

Kaiser is clearly torn on whether to savagely rip him or give him a virtual man-on-man pelvis-touching hug.

I know what Chip would do.

Fourth Round QB draft picks rarely get raves their first training camp. That's why they were drafted in the 4th round. Some of you are still treating Nassib like the top 10 pick some fools were projecting but he happened to slip to a team with an established starter. He's a 4th round pick that is looking at being the #3 QB at best if he doesn't end up on a practice squad. Right now he's competing with Curtis Painter for the #3, that is his reality. He had a very good year last year but he has a ways to go to be an NFL backup, say nothing about starter.

One can make a pretty good living holding a clipboard along an NFL sideline.

He'll get his chances.

Nassib will have a lot of ups and downs while learning the speed of the NFL game. He has some good tools along with intelligence to improve his game and he is on a good team to be able to have his game grow at gradual pace that should help him. The only thing that "hurts" him is that he is playing in the fishbowl that is New York and he's going to have to have thicker skin than he would if he were in many other places while being a 4th round pick and 3rd string qb.