Not being at MSG just adds insult to injury | Syracusefan.com

Not being at MSG just adds insult to injury

Welcome to the ACC...the big city is too scary. They are comfortable in their comfort zone. MSG ain't happening. They don't want big time. They wan't freaking Greensborogh, or however you spell that jerkwater town. They don't want to compete with the SEC and B10, they want North Freaking Carolina to be the hub of the college athletics world.

Weird to complain when the game was in DC tonight
Weird? No, MSG is where it's at. But, this conference will never have a presence there. They are too tied with the dirty south to ever embrace NYC. Even though that is their best chance to compete with the SEC and B10

I would rather be at MSG than anywhere else tonight
Gotta disagree.
The headlines in the Post and Daily News sports sections about this matchup would be more embarrassing than this horrific game was.

Weird? No, MSG is where it's at. But, this conference will never have a presence there. They are too tied with the dirty south to ever embrace NYC. Even though that is their best chance to compete with the SEC and B10

I'm more concerned about getting embarrassed tonight and how the roster is going to improve.

Do you think John Thompson III who they showed at the end was thinking “Syracuse season is officially closed”?

I'm more concerned about getting embarrassed tonight and how the roster is going to improve.
Some people need to see embarrassment to understand we need drastic changes.

Problem is, the second we moved to the ACC, we automatically became, at best, third fiddle in our conference. That’s at best. At worst, we are a perpetually mediocre program.

If you’re the best player in the country and you want to play in the ACC, where are you going to go? You know where and it ain’t Cuse.

We assumed perennial also ran status the split second we joined the ACC and it’s not going to change.

the rare times we got bounced early in the BET it was super easy to sell your tickets and spend the money on a great meal in the big apple.

No you wouldn’t. You just miss how good we used to be. Other UConn the Big East is not good.

To me playing NC State today is no different than Butler. But Duke tomorrow? UVA Friday? UNC Saturday?

Marquette has been solid but they are still meh. Nova isn’t the same since Jay Wright. So who do we miss? We never cared about Creighton. ST John’s cuz pitino is there for 2 years?

Outside of UConn none of it is like the old big east

ACC to me has just been much better recently across the board

No you wouldn’t. You just miss how good we used to be. Other UConn the Big East is not good.

To me playing NC State today is no different than Butler. But Duke tomorrow? UVA Friday? UNC Saturday?

Marquette has been solid but they are still meh. Nova isn’t the same since Jay Wright. So who do we miss? We never cared about Creighton. ST John’s cuz pitino is there for 2 years?

Outside of UConn none of it is like the old big east

ACC to me has just been much better recently across the board

And that's it. Get past today and it's Duke in prime-time. Packed house, all the anti-Duke schools rooting for us.

Instead it was piss and moan for 2 hours by a couple of our guys.

And that's it. Get past today and it's Duke in prime-time. Packed house, all the anti-Duke schools rooting for us.

Instead it was piss and moan for 2 hours by a couple of our guys.
I'm sorry, I don't understand. What are you advocating for?

I'm advocating for winning.
Ok, expound please, I think that's what we all want. Roster or staff? And then, please expound on details of either or both.

Ok, expound please, I think that's what we all want. Roster or staff? And then, please expound on details of either or both.

I'm agreeing with jdubs. What he said.

I'm agreeing with jdubs. What he said.
I apologize, I don't understand what any of that means. I just want SU to be the best of the ACC, and I think we have to beat even the ACC refs to be the best in the ACC. But, I think we can. We need guys that care, and we need coaches that care and are capable. I think we lack both, right now.

I wonder if the new Big 12 teams will result in that tournament moving out of a state that only has an SEC program. Have to think everyone other than Kansas and Purple Kansas want to go to T Mobile in Vegas. Denver or Phoenix probably preferable to KC even Dallas makes more sense.

I wonder if the new Big 12 teams will result in that tournament moving out of a state that only has an SEC program. Have to think everyone other than Kansas and Purple Kansas want to go to T Mobile in Vegas. Denver or Phoenix probably preferable to KC even Dallas makes more sense.

Purple Kansas, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom