Not Happy With Your Seats? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not Happy With Your Seats?

For basketball, I expect most season ticket holders to be significantly affected. It is going to be painful. A lot of season ticket holders who have been in the same place for 20 or 30 years or more are going to be asked to make major moves to worse seats. A lot of people who have sat together for decades are going to be broken up.

I do not look forward to it.
Not the best timing with the hoops program in the state that it is. I’ve speculated that we haven’t seen a more precipitous drop in STHs to date because many groups have spent years if not decades trying to move into better seats (given the relative lack of good sight lines in the Dome). It makes sense they would be somewhat reluctant to cancel in the offseason given how much “equity” they’ve invested. And despite the stale product that’s been on display.

BUT getting bumped out of their desired location may make it too easy for those affected to just cancel… without some reasonable compensation. SUAD will need to start figuring out some rules of engagement.

Last edited:
During the most recent upgrade process, I decided to move down from aisle seats in row E to seats 3-6 in Row A. Not sure how I feel about the change yet as I like aisle seats but family wanted row A.

But yeah a bunch of aisle seats available in my 200 section!

If you are tired of climbing over 10 people to get out to the aisle...you should check the seating chart for Football ASAP. Lots of aisle seats showing up right now.
I have an aisle seat in Sec. 129. All of you climbing over people have to get past me! :p

2 on the end I haven’t seen since 2 years before Covid. Maybe they aren’t ST holders? Hard to believe though, prime seats
You have a good situation...I'd stay

For others, time to act is now.

I grabbed 2 on the aisle and a few steps from the Sallyport.

Maybe not

You never know. I just don’t see how most people won’t be impacted some even for football. If there are fewer seats in each row, you need to hope your row has as many empties as the seats lost. And everyone lower than you also.

You never know. I just don’t see how most people won’t be impacted some even for football. If there are fewer seats in each row, you need to hope your row has as many empties as the seats lost. And everyone lower than you also.
Everyone lower than me is in the 100 section

I grabbed 2 on the aisle and a few steps from the Sallyport.
I’ll be docking at the Rachelport this weekend, but packed stadiums should be off limits.

Last edited:
Woah there. You’re crazy bro.

I’ll be docking at the Rachelport this weekend, but packed stadiums should be off limits.
Sallyport is a term we used in the military for entrances

good flag texan -- there are some pretty good aisle seats, even in the 100s which tend to be harder to come by, especially on the Syracuse home side. We're three seats into an aisle and if we didn't love the people we sit near by, I'd be tempted to move to some of those aisle seats.

I don’t think most will care if their new seat is 2 feet farther down the row. It’s the cases where someone is left without a chair in the row. When there is a case of s group getting bumped they have to look at a few things:

Factors:
- seniority (# years)
- age/existing medical conditions
- size of group impacted
- donation level (hope it doesn’t come to this)
- how much time they stand vs sit

Compensation:
- Season discounts/other discounts
- right of first refusal when new seats open up in future years

I think there should be open try outs for better seats. If someone has to get bumped a row or two, bring all parties in. Those who can make the most noise get the better seats. Oh, and use data collected to see who has actually used their tickets in the last ten years. If you’re a frequent no-show, you get bumped.

Should we expect an overall increase in all sections once this is implemented?

Should we expect an overall increase in all sections once this is implemented?
I think they'll still be cheap seats. This is the best way to get new fans. However, with less supply prices will be under pressure. Maybe the cheapest seats in 2 years will be $150 each...we'll see.

They should try to lock people into multi-year deals. Three years from now it will be interesting to see how much interest a Tier 2 league draws.

Last edited:
They should try to lick people into multi-year deals. Three years from now it will be interesting to see how much interest a Tier 2 league draws.
The ACC already is tier 2 other than Clemson in most years. I don’t see anything really changing for us that much as Cuse fans. We will continue to chase bowl games and in really good years we will endeavor to win our conference.

They should try to lock people into multi-year deals. Three years from now it will be interesting to see how much interest a Tier 2 league draws.
It could be more...maybe Cuse can start stringing together 10 win seasons and playing some traditional rivals.

Does anyone have an update as to seat renovations this summer? I got a call from the Dome office yesterday saying I had to choose another seat because my seat (Sec. 129 V101) and maybe some close to it were being pulled for some ADA improvement. They did give me the same seat in Row O.

Does anyone have an update as to seat renovations this summer? I got a call from the Dome office yesterday saying I had to choose another seat because my seat (Sec. 129 V101) and maybe some close to it were being pulled for some ADA improvement. They did give me the same seat in Row O.
Wow, this happened to my best friend too. Same section (129) but they screwed him. He is now in the upper deck on the visitor's side 1st row. I know some of this came after state funding was announced but how can you screw people out of their seats this late in the process? He is very close to canceling his tickets and just getting tickets on stub hub for games he can get to. This is someone that has carried 4 season tickets for just under a decade. The ticket office is offering him nothing as a sign of good faith. They are even fighting him on comped seatbacks. His rep also told him that actual seats in the upper deck are not finalized and may not happen.

I think this foreshadows the mess that next year will be when lots of people are displaced. They should be paying these ticket reps extra for all the crap they will eat for the higher-ups.

Wow, this happened to my best friend too. Same section (129) but they screwed him. He is now in the upper deck on the visitor's side 1st row. I know some of this came after state funding was announced but how can you screw people out of their seats this late in the process? He is very close to canceling his tickets and just getting tickets on stub hub for games he can get to. This is someone that has carried 4 season tickets for just under a decade. The ticket office is offering him nothing as a sign of good faith. They are even fighting him on comped seatbacks. His rep also told him that actual seats in the upper deck are not finalized and may not happen.

I think this foreshadows the mess that next year will be when lots of people are displaced. They should be paying these ticket reps extra for all the crap they will eat for the higher-ups.

Definitely won’t get seat backs

They are rented through a different company not through SU.

Guessing these folks are insisting on aisle seats on the home side, Lots of seats available in 129 but none on the aisle. And first level seats available on the aisle visitor side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom