Not so fast my friend... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not so fast my friend...

The only other guys I'd talk to are Rhule, Montgomery, and Brohm. Surprised Rutgers aren't all over Rhule. Actually I am not

The only other guys I'd talk to are Rhule, Montgomery, and Brohm. Surprised Rutgers aren't all over Rhule. Actually I am not

Dont think they can afford Ruhle. He makes 1.5 at Temple today. Local jersey paper is saying Golden Ash and OSU OC are top candidates

Coyle can't assume the Babers thing will work out. He has to line up options A, B, C, D and E.
I think you approach this w/ tiers/options at each "level": 2 or 3 coaches as Plan A (Eg, Frost, Babers, Montgomery, etc) where you are happy with any of them. Then 2/3 as backup Plan B (hope you don't have to go there) and finally 1 or 2 as Plan C (never-want-to-go-there but just in case).

Keep last-second "available" options in the mix - based on these tiers -and decide.

Rutgers might need to find an AD first before they can go coach shopping.

Stern said:
Rutgers might need to find an AD first before they can go coach shopping.

They already hired an AD.

giphy.gif

Chuck Amato?

If you frequent Tomahawk Nation, then you probably know that we think Chuck Amato is a horrible coach and a cancer that could haunt this program for a long time after he leaves (by dragging FSU's name through the mud).

REPORTER: What is Chuck doing to cause all the trouble?

FSUncensored: I don't work for the team, so I can't say I've seen all this in person, but it's rumored that..."the other coaches think he's a clown. There have been several arguments in front of players, due to Chuck overstepping his powers. Chuck thinks he will again get another HC job and attempts to act like it. At best he has the 4th most power on the team (Bobby, Jimbo, Mickey), yet tries to run the show. Again, I'm not in the locker room, so I can't say all this happened, but where there's smoke...

Now, he's recruiting like a Bozo. Promising recruits he'll stop by or call on a specific day, then standing them up. It's happened repeatedly. Amato was brought in specifically to recruit Miami and the greater South Florida area. Nobody has ever mistaken him for an X's and O's mastermind. For someone who is supposed to be a SoFla recruiting guru, Amato has pulled in ONE south Florida recruit in his three years, and that's a kid some coaches reportedly want to boot from the team due to his non-progression as a player and poor attitude (Maurice Harriss, a three-star linebacker who many Nole fans didn't want to give a scholarship to during his original recruitment).

Also, Mickey is heavily position coach dependent, and our linebacker play has gone in the tank since Kevin Steele left.

As for why this isn't getting any media coverage, it's mostly related to FSU having a stricter media policy than in recent years, and the nature of a position coach.

REPORTER: Hey, as a guy who covered Chuck at N.C. State, I can't say I'm shocked by any of these allegations. He alienated a lot of high school coaches in NC and the turnover on his staff was very, very high.

No offense but pretty much everything anyone has "heard" out here has been wrong almost every time.

This is so true. But keep them coming guys. This forum is far more entertaining than anything else I've seen the last few days.

This and the potato have to be major troll jobs either by Coyle or the insider guys just to mess with us. The insiders probably have there own board coming up with these names and then laughing at our responses

I think you approach this w/ tiers/options at each "level": 2 or 3 coaches as Plan A (Eg, Frost, Babers, Montgomery, etc) where you are happy with any of them. Then 2/3 as backup Plan B (hope you don't have to go there) and finally 1 or 2 as Plan C (never-want-to-go-there but just in case).

Keep last-second "available" options in the mix - based on these tiers -and decide.

Yeah, most of that makes sense. However, even though this ship has already sailed, man, I would MUCH rather have Shafer back another year or even two than settle for Plan C. We would be MUCH better off with Shafer getting his chance to continue than going to someone on that Plan C list. Why fire the guy if there is even a chance that we have to go that far off course to replace Shafe. Again, I know it's not going to happen but if Plan A and B go down in flames (which I really doubt), then we lick our wounds and get Shafe back for another chance at redeeming himself - it will never happen but that's the way I see it. I still see us getting someone from Plan A though, I really do. I trust Coyle until something shows me otherwise.

If we get to the point where we are at Plan E, then I'm officially asking for Coyle's head and I nominate SS the man to do it. No way do I see us getting to that point but if we do, that is enough to me to play hard nosed! ;-)

I hear a certain DC in the MAC is getting an interview...former BCS HC.

me sideways.
We are all praying the blind squirrel AD gets lucky

Of all the threads to pop up the last few days this is fast becoming my least favorite.

Chuck Amato??? He doesn't even have a Wikipedia page!

CHRIS ASH HAS A WIKIPEDIA PAGE!!!

:bang:

Is this being done as a favor to Will Hicks? Only thing that makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom