Not Watching Anymore | Syracusefan.com

Not Watching Anymore

kingtidge

All American
After 40 years following this team, it's the first time I've contemplated this.

I turned that game off last night with 9:30 left, as the writing was on the wall.

I really dislike this team and the quality of product being trotted out is terrible and even worse to watch.

I got home last night, put on my cold weather gear and went outside and raked snow off my roof in double-time speed to be inside and ready in time for tip-off. Had to change the clothes as was soaked with sweat.

I felt like Dolezaj and I were the only ones that worked hard last night, LOL.

But seriously, when you hear the term "unwatchable" it's not necessarily a cliche... I really think we're there, sadly.

I turned that game off last night with 9:30 left, as the writing was on the wall.

I really dislike this team and the quality of product being trotted out is terrible and even worse to watch.

I got home last night, put on my cold weather gear and went outside and raked snow off my roof in double-time speed to be inside and ready in time for tip-off. Had to change the clothes as was soaked with sweat.

But seriously, when you hear the term "unwatchable" it's not necessarily a cliche... I really think we're there, sadly.
First, we had a poster say that at the half of the Virginia elite game in 2016. Second, I stopped watching shortly after the second half started .

That post just broke my melodrama meter.

I turned the game off with 3 minutes left last night when we were down 18 out of disgust. But once the Louisville game starts I will be fired up again like I always am. I don't know any other way.

Syracuse Basketball is my personal Stockholm Syndrome.

40 year fan decides that game is the one that pushes him over the edge. But to each his own, of course.

It's been this entire year and it started with the games I went to in NYC during SU faceplant weekend in November, LOL.

This year has been extra-specially worse since we returned everyone, had high expectations... and no player development has occurred and some players have actually regressed.

Last edited:
I turned the game off with 3 minutes left last night when we were down 18 out of disgust. But once the Louisville game starts I will be fired up again like I always am. I don't know any other way.

That’s funny and well put. Are your cuffs too tight? Mine are

Same, though I would've turned it off sooner if there was anything else at all that was on that I was interested in. I did however list my Duke tix on Stubhub this morning. If someone wants to give me $800 for my 4 tix and I don't have to watch them get waxed. I guess I'll take it.

I got frustrated and turned it off mid 2nd half for about 2 minutes and then turned it back on. I get the frustration and can't really argue with a lot of the criticisms. But like you, I'll be back for Louisville and every other game.

So go root for Georgetown or Uconn!
[aka "Get out of my country!"]

The games are definitely a chore. Even last March. But this has been a theme for a while.
I love this program but ya its a huge chore.I pretty much have to drink every game. I always have a huge headache at the end from the stress. Its not fun.

I get like you during football games when we're bad because they're just way too long

but I can make it through an unwatchable 2 hour basketball game - one of the best things about college bball is the shortness of the games. too bad refs taking ten minutes to catch their breath and review something dumb happens every game

kingtidge i hear ya...

Wife was shocked when I turned it off in the second half... It's always been appointment viewing for me... Now I feel like I'm going to the dentist office...

I've not watched many games live this season. I typically will just check the score after it's over and watch the replay depending on the box score. Part of this is that I have other things to do, but also because I know we are so up and down this year it isn't worth getting worked up about. There have been some games that we have won where I was glad I didn't watch live because it would have been so annoying. Plus we play a boring brand of basketball these days. Duke might have been the last game I watched from start to finish.

Funny. A good friend of mine, an NCSU fan, has given up watching them out of frustration. I texted him that NCSU was going to win and he was really surprised.

Same for me. I NEVER usually turn a game off early, but last night I pulled the plug with 2 min left.

I turned it off too. Unwatchable. Do we just have to wait until Buddy graduates? The team doesn't appear to be playing hard for him