Notre Dame Game Thread... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Game Thread...

The coaches need to do a better job of scheming him into getting rebounds and a better job of developing Sidibe’s knee health.

Hes actually in pretty good position a lot of the time but loses it due to lack of hand strength

Man, Battle's shot looks even uglier from court-level. Even when it goes.

Brissett. Wasn't he recruited as a good shooter? I thought he also showed that in practices, the exhibitions, and the madness game that wasn't. Either way, our players don't get that green light without impressing JB in practice.

Agree with you, mostly, about our 'historic consistency.' But not that any of that has any relevance to today or the future. We are on a downward trend over the past ten years, in terms of conference performance. And JB isn't going to be here more than 4-5 more years. We're not in great shape.

Lots of our good shooters that were recruited as good shooters did not shoot a good % as freshmen. See Cooney, Shumpert, Nichols, Rautins, etc. freshman year %’s.

Where is Moyer today?
Good question.
Got in just in time for a turnover.
The Orange are so sloppy with the ball and getting beaten up on the glass.
It's kind of amazing they still have a lead.

I'm not interested in this Viking game, at all.

I can't believe with just over 10 minutes to go in a tight game, how quiet the place is.

We take over opposing venues with LGO chants and our fans cheering, but sit quiet and golf clap most of the game at home.

I didn't do enough research for the Notre Dame Prediction Thread. But I think I'm ready. Although it's the wrong thread, I keep my scores the same but change my prediction:
Trevor Cooney 79
John Mooney 64
Wayne Rooney 0 (it's soccer ;) )

Lots of our good shooters that were recruited as good shooters did not shoot a good % as freshmen. See Cooney, Shumpert, Nichols, Rautins, etc. freshman year %’s.
Agreed. Which is why I asked the question about who's working with him and what's contributing to his 'issues.' I'm not condemning OB at all. I don't even mind when he takes and misses shots. I expect him to take them because he doesn't force many, and every one he misses is building toward him making them later.

This is one of the worst games that I have watched in a long time. Is this what we expect to se the rest of the season. No ply making, poor ball handling and no plays to set up anyone other than Brissett, Battle and Howard.

Did something happen over the break to these guys?

They look like they need a kumbaya meeting or something.

Is Chukwu supposed to screen or not? He runs away before a ND player would make contact.

This is one of the worst games that I have watched in a long time. Is this what we expect to se the rest of the season. No ply making, poor ball handling and no plays to set up anyone other than Brissett, Battle and Howard.
I think if we were rebounding better we'd feel more forgiving of the offensive issues.

It will be a miracle if we do win this game with how nd is offensive rebounding...or our lack thereof

I can't believe with just over 10 minutes to go in a tight game, how quiet the place is.

We take over opposing venues with LGO chants and our fans cheering, but sit quiet and golf clap most of the game at home.

Anyone know when the students return to campus? Even with a weak student section, it will help somewhat.

Brissett. Wasn't he recruited as a good shooter? I thought he also showed that in practices, the exhibitions, and the madness game that wasn't. Either way, our players don't get that green light without impressing JB in practice.

Agree with you, mostly, about our 'historic consistency.' But not that any of that has any relevance to today or the future. We are on a downward trend over the past ten years, in terms of conference performance. And JB isn't going to be here more than 4-5 more years. We're not in great shape.

10 years ago was 07-08. Syracuse has missed the tourney the year before and was in the midst of a brutal season at the end of which the top player would leave. You, or an earlier iteration of you, were making these exact same posts then. Two years later Syracuse kicked off the best run in its history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom