Notre Dame QB Ian Book expected back against Syracuse | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame QB Ian Book expected back against Syracuse

Great, we are going to play a QB that runs better than their starter and we...don't stop the run very well and have historically had issues with mobile QB's.

Sounds awesome!

Better to have game film on him from this week than to find out about the switch next week.

Great, we are going to play a QB that runs better than their starter and we...don't stop the run very well and have historically had issues with mobile QB's.

Sounds awesome!

I will still take my chances with Wimbush over Book.

Screenshot_20181109-133822_Chrome.jpg

The pain train is coming and it’s next stop after Saturday is up Wimbush’s ass.

Sounds awesome!

I don’t think history hurts us here. That we couldn’t stop a runnjng QB in the Marrone era prob doesn’t impact our game with a new coach and players.

It’s just a different look.

I don’t think history hurts us here. That we couldn’t stop a runnjng QB in the Marrone era prob doesn’t impact our game with a new coach and players.

It’s just a different look.
Think Wake Forest last year and any game this year vs the run.

Think Wake Forest last year and any game this year vs the run.

I’m aware of issues vs the run. I just don’t understand the “history” of problems vs running QBs that people cite. I don’t think it’s unique to us. And I can’t remember any running QBs this year that have hurt us.

I’m aware of issues vs the run. I just don’t understand the “history” of problems vs running QBs that people cite. I don’t think it’s unique to us. And I can’t remember any running QBs this year that have hurt us.
SO far this year we haven't really faced a "running QB" where last year we faced a few. I am more concerned about facing a really talented ND team that can run the ball and now has to lean on a run first QB.

We struggle with QBs who can make throws into windows we give up.
Or if you have Lamar Jackson speed.
It’s more we struggle with good passing QBs though. We can spy a running QB but if they got 4.3 speed it’s pointless.

SO far this year we haven't really faced a "running QB" where last year we faced a few. I am more concerned about facing a really talented ND team that can run the ball and now has to lean on a run first QB.

UConn's QB is a running QB and I believe he got us for over 70 yards.

what team really doesn't have trouble with a good running qb?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom