Notre Dame QB Ian Book expected back against Syracuse | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame QB Ian Book expected back against Syracuse

74E126C9-E58D-4FD4-8231-5CE391C52FCF.jpeg

SO far this year we haven't really faced a "running QB" where last year we faced a few. I am more concerned about facing a really talented ND team that can run the ball and now has to lean on a run first QB.

For sure. It’s going to be challenging with either QB

Something tells me we should prep for both

nah, book would've gone if they didn't play florida state. or, are you inferring that alton robinson is going to knock him out of the game?

nah, book would've gone if they didn't play florida state. or, are you inferring that alton robinson is going to knock him out of the game?
I think it's gamesmanship, one, two they will risk playing Book to get to the playoffs, three, I think we knock him out of game.

They'd rather play him at 70% for a chance to win and get to playoff where they can rest him a few weeks and get him to 85% for those games

Coleman and Robinson might dog ear Book if he actually sees the field.

That was too much of a reach, wasn't it?

Won both games going away and still have to pick at the guy.
He needs to be as good as his best the next 2 weeks. We saw that for 2 weeks and then a slight regress throwing this week against Louisville. It’s not picking. It’s an honest observation. Turnovers need to be avoided by everyone and to be effective offensively they’ll have to be balanced, move the ball and not leave the defense on the field all day long.

Won both games going away and still have to pick at the guy.
Nothing said in that post (or many others you take offense to) was a slight to Dungey. Please stop. If a post doesn't say he's the best thing since sliced bread, you say they are hating on him. Guess what? That's not how it works. Statistically, he didn't have one of his better days. Fortunately, he didn't have to. Hoping he does better is natural. And what a fan should hope for.

I hope he has a better passing day against ND than he did last week, too. Because that means we probably win.

Nothing said in that post (or many others you take offense to) was a slight to Dungey. Please stop. If a post doesn't say he's the best thing since sliced bread, you say they are hating on him. Guess what? That's not how it works. Statistically, he didn't have one of his better days. Fortunately, he didn't have to. Hoping he does better is natural. And what a fan should hope for.

I hope he has a better passing day against ND than he did last week, too. Because that means we probably win.

THIS.

Dungey is always a gamer, but - he passed VERY poorly in this last game.
Missed a lot of guys, and even many of those passes he did complete, caused the receivers to jump, reach back, or otherwise break stride and end up with a lot less yards than if he'd hit them on the money.
He was lucky he only had the 1 pick.

And frankly, vs Wake too. But he made up for it w/ his legs there, in a big way.
And vs. UNC, before he got benched.

Dungey was at his best passing vs. NC State - and we're gonna need that IF we're going to have any chance of beating ND.
I'm hoping we see Peak Dungey on Sat. There's no better QB than he is, when he's on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom