Notre Dame ranked 17th in the coaches bowl | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame ranked 17th in the coaches bowl

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Hopefully we are both undefeated when we meet in metlife. This is our best opportunity, in my opinion, to really get back into the national spotlight. I think this game will show just how much progress we've made and what to expect in the future. I dont like notre dame, but they are a good team with a great quarterback. Hopefully hcss and the boys can pull it out and continue to push this program in a great direction. LGO

I just want SU to be competative against a ranked team. Our last couple haven't looked so good (FSU and Clemson)

Everett Golson will probably start at QB, but redshirt freshmen Malik Zaire is giving him a battle for the job right now.

If Golson does go down, Zaire is a more than capable dual threat quarterback. No more Cement Shoes Tommy Turnover Rees under center for ND.

ND is always overrated preseason. Until they blow the whistle it's all a big guess.

ND is always overrated preseason. Until they blow the whistle it's all a big guess.

Yeah, remember that time in 2012 when they were unranked in the preseason polls but went 12-0 in the regular season before being demolished by that pro team from Alabama in the national championship game?

Love it or hate it, I want Ishaq Williams to secretly wished that he would have came to Syracuse. I think winning this game undefeated would definitely turn our program around. If we are 3-0 I will be as excited as a kid on Christmas day. Go Cuse.

Ishaq has greatly underperformed at ND. This is his last year to try to make some impact. I hope he does.

This is what I'm afraid of, looking forward to Notre Dame and laying an egg against Maryland. Maryland will be much improved this year and wont be an easy game. We start looking forward to ND then we wont be undefeated going into that game and all of a sudden a win doesn't look that good. I fully expect ND to be undefeated going into the Syracuse game, hopefully our team will be to. If this happens, I fully expect us to be ranked after we knock off ND.

Yeah, remember that time in 2012 when they were unranked in the preseason polls but went 12-0 in the regular season before being demolished by that pro team from Alabama in the national championship game?
LOL you are giving me one season?!

This is what I'm afraid of, looking forward to Notre Dame and laying an egg against Maryland. Maryland will be much improved this year and wont be an easy game. We start looking forward to ND then we wont be undefeated going into that game and all of a sudden a win doesn't look that good. I fully expect ND to be undefeated going into the Syracuse game, hopefully our team will be to. If this happens, I fully expect us to be ranked after we knock off ND.

The Maryland game is in my opinion the most important out of conference game this season, easily.

The Notre Dame game though gives us a look into our future, much like USC a few years back.

We beat Maryland, we got a solid start to the season and a possible outlook on a good bowl.

We beat Notre Dame, we can start talking about making the top 25 within the next couple years again.

The Maryland game is in my opinion the most important out of conference game this season, easily.

The Notre Dame game though gives us a look into our future, much like USC a few years back.

We beat Maryland, we got a solid start to the season and a possible outlook on a good bowl.

We beat Notre Dame, we can start talking about making the top 25 within the next couple years again.

With our schedule, I don't think we will be looking past our noses all year. I also think we stack up pretty well against MD. Maryland's OLine is young and inexperienced and their secondary has two sophs starting. They have good LBs and Stephon Diggs is dangerous at WR. They may be improved but so are we - probably more so. We're going to lock em in the Dome and kick the crap out of them. Then we will deal with ND.
Go Orange.

With our schedule, I don't think we will be looking past our noses all year. I also think we stack up pretty well against MD. Maryland's OLine is young and inexperienced and their secondary has two sophs starting. They have good LBs and Stephon Diggs is dangerous at WR. They may be improved but so are we - probably more so. We're going to lock em in the Dome and kick the crap out of them. Then we will deal with ND.
Go Orange.

I agree with you. We get things done in the dome. The most encouraging thing I've heard in months is this growing bond between Brisly and TH. That will be huge. Personally I think Broyld and Estime will tear up this Maryland secondary.

I am concerned about Diggs though. He's an NFL calibre receiver and we'v soften had trouble with that lately. Hopefully our secondary and linebackers will bend but not break. Maybe Esk or Kirkland can give him a good pop and make him think twice, Lynch has a knack for that too.

I agree with you. We get things done in the dome. The most encouraging thing I've heard in months is this growing bond between Brisly and TH. That will be huge. Personally I think Broyld and Estime will tear up this Maryland secondary.

I am concerned about Diggs though. He's an NFL calibre receiver and we'v soften had trouble with that lately. Hopefully our secondary and linebackers will bend but not break. Maybe Esk or Kirkland can give him a good pop and make him think twice, Lynch has a knack for that too.
This year we need to outscore opponents. The O has to take over.I too am excited about the off season work by Hunt and Estime. That combination could make everyone better.

This year we need to outscore opponents. The O has to take over.I too am excited about the off season work by Hunt and Estime. That combination could make everyone better.

Don't we want to outscore our opponents every game? ;)

The Patriots have had success with their bend - don't break - style defense. I want to see the same concept that Shafer has always displayed. Let's get our DLine to get pressure on the QB so our secondary isn't on an island for a long period of time. Get them into a 3rd and passing down, run the okie package, cause pain, create turnovers, and profit.

I agree though Crusty, our offense will be much improved this year and we shouldn't have to rely on our defense to win a 14-7 ball game.

Why will MD be much improved? Because Edsall is such a good coach? People have been saying that the last 4-5 years and it never happens.

He hasn't proven he can coach anything and certainly hasn't shown that he can improve a team.

I remember you being givin one of those 12 regular season wins because you're Notre Dame and the pollsters had already moved you up so quickly.

I want to see angry Dyshawn Davis and Cam Lynch this year. Thats a hard duo to deal with when they're in a groove.

Hardnosed shafer won't let the team look ahead to Notre Dame or anyone until we have 2-3 weeks to prepare for our bowl game

Ishaq has greatly underperformed at ND. This is his last year to try to make some impact. I hope he does.
I also wish the best for him, just not against Syracuse.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom