Notre Dame Soldout !! | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Soldout !!

yes, yes, we definitely can (he says as he pats Chip on the head like he is a little kid)
That will be a big chore. Two huge brands. Ohio State is big but Iowa football was recently voted to be less exciting than the Yule Log.

At the least, we need that OSU-PSU game to be a blowout (I think Penn State stinks and this will happen) and the SU-ND game needs to be close, which I also think is going to happen.

Will the bandwagon ND fans watch this suspect ND team? I hope so.

I’m sure there will be an army of casual goobers meandering up and down my aisle with their snacks during live play, looking for their seats again. It’s gonna be packed, time to hit the rest button.

And I’m wearing earbuds this time, can only take my wonderful bride saying “I told you so” so many times. Lol
I wear them at home, but not at the Dome, because my wife never goes to the games! If she did, I would wear them!

Without knowing the business model, I would expect that the brokers have a return hurdle. If they can clear the return hurdle even eating a block of tickets, it's worth the upside profit potential to buy the tix rather than lose out by not purchasing them and having someone else sell them.
For example, let's say the profit hurdle is 15% and they can hit 17% selling 2,000 tix, and they can still clear 15% buying an additional 500 tix without selling any. Let's say that they can get back to 17% selling only 100 of the additional tix, they still have a pretty easy path to eclipsing the original 17%. It would also allow them to lower their resale prices for unsold tix as they near game time, while all the while inching up their return %. This is all hypothetical of course and would be dependent on their model assumptions for each marginal ticket sold. Also, let's not forget about the profit of handling fees.
math GIF

I think we are fortunate that ND is having a bad season. Their fanbase is notorious for their bandwagon ways. I do not think they will turn up in great numbers and I do not think they will be loud.

It has been a long time since I went to a Syracuse-ND football game and Syracuse had a major advantage with the crowd. That streak ends on Saturday.

It is about time.
I looked at Hotels today through Hilton and only 2 are sold out on Friday and Saturday and there are still plenty of rooms available so they might not be traveling in as much as people think especially in a "Down year" for them. Obviously there will be a good number of NY Irish fans but as far as traveling fan base I don't think there will be as many as people are thinking.

I looked at Hotels today through Hilton and only 2 are sold out on Friday and Saturday and there are still plenty of rooms available so they might not be traveling in as much as people think especially in a "Down year" for them. Obviously there will be a good number of NY Irish fans but as far as traveling fan base I don't think there will be as many as people are thinking.
There are a lot of ND fans in the Albany/Rochester/Scranton triangle.

What I don’t understand is how does eBay decide what the profit is. For instance, when I buy a baseball card in 2018 and sell it this year, how are they tracking what my profit actually is?
They don’t compute the profit. You file a schedule C on your 1040 as a “ticket seller” and deduct the cost of the tickets. The net proceeds would be the taxable income.

I’m sure there will be an army of casual goobers meandering up and down my aisle with their snacks during live play, looking for their seats again. It’s gonna be packed, time to hit the rest button.

And I’m wearing earbuds this time, can only take my wonderful bride saying “I told you so” so many times. Lol
There is an art to seat selection. I've been holding seasons for about 20 years. Very quickly I learned that yes you want aisle seats but only if the aisle is opposite the field. For example, I sit aisle 112/113. Field is to the left, aisle is the to the right. At no point during the game do I need to look past 'aisle'anders to see what's going on. I don't know how those poor souls on the 'other' side of the aisle can live like that.

There is an art to seat selection. I've been holding seasons for about 20 years. Very quickly I learned that yes you want aisle seats but only if the aisle is opposite the field. For example, I sit aisle 112/113. Field is to the left, aisle is the to the right. At no point during the game do I need to look past 'aisle'anders to see what's going on. I don't know how those poor souls on the 'other' side of the aisle can live like that.
Smart man. You know I really did take a lot of time and thought in picking our seats, the only thing I didn’t calculate was sold out/ full capacity crowds with casuals. I really did think that I thought of everything.

Rookie mistake. But now we’re developing relationships with our seat neighbors and I am a softie (people person) so we’ll just stick where we are. I am anxious to see the seat upgrades though this off season and how it impacts STH seating.

Last edited:
I have seats slightly off the aisle, and I dealt with people going up and down the stairs constantly for Clemson. I learned your secret the hard way. It was great for the lesser attended games. I am going to be standing for the entirety of the ND game just in case.

The game’s sold out already? That’s awesome!

YES!

But... if the secondary market brokers don't move all or most of their tickets, then the "cheeks in seats" may end up being lower than for NCST.

I would be a minor bummer if we didn't have a packed LOUD HOUSE for ND, because it's a distinct 12th man advantage, and we also don't want anybody throwing shade like we're pulling a "Rutgers sellout" while still having 10k empty seats showing on TV.

Still plenty of time for those tickets to sell tho, so I'm not worried.
16th ranked 6-1 Cuse vs. a beatable ND team = be there to enjoy a likely W!

IF I could be there this weekend, I would be.
The 4k OLED big screen will have to suffice.

I dont know if they are playing games turning seats on and off but there are a lot less red dots in some areas right now than 5-6 hrs ago. there were a couple hundred seats in 318-320 this morning now about 30.. the east end zone has the most large groups of tickets left. Tons of 2s and 3s in the lower bowl though. but for $400-$1000 i can see why few people are biting.

I dont know if they are playing games turning seats on and off but there are a lot less red dots in some areas right now than 5-6 hrs ago. there were a couple hundred seats in 318-320 this morning now about 30.. the east end zone has the most large groups of tickets left. Tons of 2s and 3s in the lower bowl though. but for $400-$1000 i can see why few people are biting.
It will be interesting to see if those go at current prices or if they drop $$)$ Thursday and Friday. I think they will go one way or another.

Smart man. You know I really did take a lot of time and thought in picking our seats, the only thing I didn’t calculate was sold out/ full capacity crowds with casuals. I really did think that I thought of everything.

Rookie mistake. But now we’re developing relationships with our seat neighbors and I am a softie (people person) so we’ll just stick where we are. I am anxious to see the seat upgrades though this off season and how it impacts STH seating.

We will see about seats it’s been………..

Quiet

We will see about seats it’s been………..

Quiet
Quiet in what way ? I just looked , many red dots have disappeared upper just since this afternoon. Might have to come down on the lower. It will be packed.

Quiet in what way ?

There just hasn’t been any new information released on it, how they are going to do it etc

For a project that is supposed to start this spring and take place partially over the winter it’s been…silent

There just hasn’t been any new information released on it, how they are going to do it etc

For a project that is supposed to start this spring and take place partially over the winter it’s been…silent
Ok we’re talking about 2 different things.

More often than not over the past 20 years, I've viewed SU basketball season as almost rescuing us from the misery of SU football since we have had so many Novembers where we are out of bowl contention and the games don't matter.

But this season, I'm almost bummed out that college hoops is starting, because it means the SU football season is winding down, and I don't want this season to end because it's been so much fun.

More often than not over the past 20 years, I've viewed SU basketball season as almost rescuing us from the misery of SU football since we have had so many Novembers where we are out of bowl contention and the games don't matter.

But this season, I'm almost bummed out that college hoops is starting, because it means the SU football season is winding down, and I don't want this season to end because it's been so much fun.
Fortunately it’s not going to end yet, we have all December left of bowl anticipation!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom