Notre Dame / UConn | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame / UConn

Listen and learn, son. Everything I'm saying is not only in the public record, it's also blatantly obvious (look at the timing). turn off ESPN and open your eyes.
I don't give ESPN the satisfaction of watching them anymore. Not since November. Don't visit their website either.

i know we had no choice, but that doesn't make me have to like the fact that we're leaving the leugue we built all because ACC can't beat Jim Calhoun on the court, so they have to bring him down another way!!!

This IS NOT about football, btw. ACC Commissioner can't even take a p*ss without Coach K signing off. You have no idea how powreful K is, and he's nearly as evil as Calhoun. Roy, meanwhile, is completely in the dark and thinks UNC is good because he's a good coach (BWHAHAHAHAH!!).

We had good reasons to accept the offer, but don't fool yourself into thinking the offer was made for those reasons. The offer was made because UConn won the NCAA last year. It's 100% about Calhoun, who scares the out of Durham/Chapel Hill. Calhoun has built a Northern CBB/media empire to balance against Durham/Chapel Hill empire, but it was tilting too far North and they couldn't do anything to stop it because Calhoun owns NY Media market and Bristol. You don't have to like it, but that's the reality.

Holy Crap! Bees, someone left the garage door open again.

I can't even fathom that fact that you believe what you are typing. Wow.

so let me guess, you buy the Football ruse? Football powerhouse league ACC can't survive without SU football? Oh, SU has a basketball team? Are they good, you say? Do they play basketball in the ACC? believe what makes you feel better. The truth isn't always pleasant, but I choose to face it and FIGHT rather than live in blissful ignorance. I will fight DUKE and UNC with every ounce of my strenght next year just like i've been fighting UCONN for 20 years. I will fight them as they try to turn us into Maryland North. Iwill fight to my last breath.

What I don't get, is that UConn plays an aggressive man-to-man defense and is unable to speed this game up. I always read here that it's so easy to up the tempo on a game by playing man.

I will fight DUKE and UNC with every ounce of my strenght next year just like i've been fighting UCONN for 20 years. I will fight them as they try to turn us into Maryland North. Iwill fight to my last breath.

You will lose.

MAN GOOD THING UCONN GOT BOATRIGHT BACK; THEIR UNBEATABLE NOW!

UConn fouled on two 3-pointers in the last 30 seconds and don't get the calls. I am in shock. Calhoun must have forgotten to leave a case of scotch in Jim Burr's dressingroom.

UConn fouled on two 3-pointers in the last 30 seconds and don't get the calls. I am in shock. Calhoun must have forgotten to leave a case of scotch in Jim Burr's dressingroom.

Well they did get away with two walks before throwing up an airball after getting the quickest 5second whistle ever.

i know we had no choice, but that doesn't make me have to like the fact that we're leaving the leugue we built all because ACC can't beat Jim Calhoun on the court, so they have to bring him down another way!!!

This IS NOT about football...

There have been stupider posts on the board, but this one makes the top 25.

I hope our Grant is as good as his brother. He is a really heady player. He's all over the court.

MAN GOOD THING UCONN GOT BOATRIGHT BACK; THEIR UNBEATABLE NOW!

If you're going to mock someone/UConn fan base, at least use the proper "their." It's people like you that create negative hype for all of us SU fan.

oh yeah? If I can take on Calhoun for 20 years and I'm still here, I don't feel too worried about K.
I don;t even know what this means. Have you been challenging Calhoun to wrist-wrestling contests or something?

If you're going to mock someone/UConn fan base, at least use the proper "their." It's people like you that create negative hype for all of us SU fan.
Well this is an obnoxious post if "I've- I have" ever read one.

Facts are facts UConn is a bubble team right now. 14-6, 4-4 Who have they beaten? @Notre Dame, West Virginia, Arkansas, and Florida St, with several bad losses. They will probably get in, but right now they are closer to being out than in the tournament. I hope UConn plays itself into a 8-9 seed and gets placed in Kentucky's bracket.

back to the game for a sec...
another classic instance of do you foul up 3? lamb was awfully close to putting that missed ft back in.
and had it fell you could make a case for a whistle and voila a 4 point play. i think i'd take rather take my chances with the running three.

Facts are facts UConn is a bubble team right now. 14-6, 4-4 Who have they beaten? @Notre Dame, West Virginia, Arkansas, and Florida St, with several bad losses. They will probably get in, but right now they are closer to being out than in the tournament. I hope UConn plays itself into a 8-9 seed and gets placed in Kentucky's bracket.

Uconn is safely in the tournament still. Jerry Palm who is probably one of the best bracket guys out there had them at a 6 seed prior to the loss today. Now they may play their way out but they are clearly in.

back to the game for a sec...
another classic instance of do you foul up 3? lamb was awfully close to putting that missed ft back in.
and had it fell you could make a case for a whistle and voila a 4 point play. i think i'd take rather take my chances with the running three.

I thought it was a very smart play. The chances of the intentional miss and put back (seeing there was only like 2 seconds left) is pretty rare.

Thing is they just got done with the cupcake part of their BE schedule too. They have a brutal February coming up. It's hard to see them gettting to 20 wins overall at this point.

Also the Boatright situation might give them excuses for a few losses though.

I think ND is playing their way to an 8/9 seed. Man as a 1 seed I would HATE to have to play them in the second round. (Syracuse would not be in their region, I mean someone else UK OSU etc)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom