Notre Dame / UConn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame / UConn

UConn will get into the tournament for sure, but my point is they aren't a lock and honestly are on the bubble with their resume of today. They will beat some teams and get in, but UConn and Florida were the 2 teams I felt besides Louisville who hadn't earned their rankings. UConn would be a 8-9 not a 6 IMO.

back to the game for a sec...
another classic instance of do you foul up 3? lamb was awfully close to putting that missed ft back in.
and had it fell you could make a case for a whistle and voila a 4 point play. i think i'd take rather take my chances with the running three.

I really don't think it's a close decision. The parlay of making the 1st FT and getting a good bounce off the 2nd and getting the rebound and making the shot - that's a lot of things that have to happen. If you take your chances with the 3, "coming awfully close to making it" is what you're hoping for (he's not going to throw up an airball).

I don;t even know what this means. Have you been challenging Calhoun to wrist-wrestling contests or something?

What is means is that I've called Calhoun on what and who he is. YOu think that doesn't come with a price???

Listen, I understand there are fans who just want to enjoy the games and not get caught up in all the sordid underside of CBB. To those fans I say, 1) I RESPECT YOUR PREFERENCE; and 2) Don't worry, SU is as clean as a baby's bottom. But there are a bunch of people on this board who are literally parroting copy written down in Durham by ACC publicist hacks, and in those instances I HAVE TO CALL FOUL because I won't let a misguided SU fan make an ass of himself carrying Coach K's water. Reading some of the blissful nonsense on this board about the move to the ACC, I really worry about some of you, BECAUSE YOU"RE IN FOR A RUDE WAKE UP CALL. The ACC is saying all the right things, but believe me, we will never get a fair shake in that crooked league UNLESS WE SPEAK UP AND DEMAND IT!!! SO that's the type of thing I'm talking about. I'm talking about challenging power brokers who are sitting on billions of potential dollars - you think they want to hear THE TRUTH??? I honesetly have to laugh how easily people are fooled. "OH, we're gonna play the ACC tourney in NY some day - just wait!!" WHO GIVES A F****!!! Do I look like a dog? don't throw me a bone! Give me a level playing field, not a gimmick to make our alumni base accept a slip into mediocrity!!!! C'mon, if I break up with a girl, I don't go to her parent's house for Thanksgiving dinner beacause they have the best turkey. They are doing everyhing then can to make you actually believe "It's gonna be the same, but better!" and some of you actually believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is means is that I've called Calhoun on what and who he is. YOu think that doesn't come with a price???

Listen, I understand there are fans who just want to enjoy the games and not get caught up in all the sordid underside of CBB. To those fans I say, 1) I RESPECT YOUR PREFERENCE; and 2) Don't worry, SU is as clean as a baby's bottom. But there are a bunch of people on this board who are literally parroting copy written down in Durham by ACC publicist hacks, and in those instances I HAVE TO CALL FOUL because I won't let a misguided SU fan make an ass of himself carrying Coach K's water. Reading some of the blissful nonsense on this board about the move to the ACC, I really worry about some of you, BECAUSE YOU"RE IN FOR A RUDE WAKE UP CALL. The ACC is saying all the right things, but believe me, we will never get a fair shake in that crooked leauge, UNLESS WE SPEAK UP AND DEMAND IT!!! SO that's the type of thing I'm talking about. I'm talking about challenging power broakers who are sitting on billions of potential dollars - you think they want to hear THE TRUTH??? I honesetly have to laugh how easily people are fooled. "OH, we're gonna play the ACC tourney in NY some day - just wait!!" WHO GIVES A F****!!! Do I look like a dog? don't throw me a bone! Give me a level playing field, not a gimmick to make our alumni base accept a slip into mediocrity!!!! C'mon, if I break up with a girl, I don't go to her parent's house for Thanksgiving dinner beacause they have the best turkey. They are doing everyhing then can to make you actually believe "It's gonna be the same, but better!" and some of you actually believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah we should remain on a sinking ship and continue to lose money because the Big East leadership really has our back. When we are used to fill up Catholic school arenas. Dude, go watch JFK again and watch the Cosner back and to the left stuff. Syracuse basketball will fine as long as we recruit well. You realize Maryland won a NC in 2002, Florida St WON in Cameron Indoor last week, BUT Syracuse is going to get screwed. One poster has the perfect message Big East by Birth ACC by Necessity that is Syracuse to a tee.

Yeah we should remain on a sinking ship and continue to lose money because the Big East leadership really has our back. When we are used to fill up Catholic school arenas. Dude, go watch JFK again and watch the Cosner back and to the left stuff. Syracuse basketball will fine as long as we recruit well. You realize Maryland won a NC in 2002, Florida St WON in Cameron Indoor last week, BUT Syracuse is going to get screwed. One poster has the perfect message Big East by Birth ACC by Necessity that is Syracuse to a tee.

Oh, Maryland was good in 2002??!??! I guess you're right. Nothing crooked here. Should we talk about Wake when Duncan was there too? What about EVERY YEAR tho? who is at the top of the ACC EVERY YEAR? Of course K let's another team into the top 2 every five or ten years - he's not completely stupid!! He has a carrot that he wields well, and those sheep will gladly let him run the league for their chance to finish second in the ACC every ten years. this is what you're saying you want? To be happy that your team was good in 2002, when it's 2012?? WELL THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!! K wants to keep the Duke-UNC rivalry - which is a multi-billion dollar brand like Yankees-Red Sox, by the way - where it is: safely at the top. You think they're going to let SU waltz through the door and join them at the top??? HAHAHAHHA!! WOW, you are something!! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, is we'll be put in the rotation along with the other second tier teams and we'll get our chance to finish second in the leauge every five years, just like Maryland. And that's only if we keep our mouths shut and vote the party line on all ACC decisions. K OWNS the league, this is no secret. why you think things will be different for us is the real mystery.

How are they going to keep SU from retaining our status as one of the top BB programs in the country (consistent 20+ win seasons)? I'd like to know.

Oh, Maryland was good in 2002??!??! I guess you're right. Nothing crooked here. Should we talk about Wake when Duncan was there too? What about EVERY YEAR tho? who is at the top of the ACC EVERY YEAR? Of course K let's another team into the top 2 every five or ten years - he's not completely stupid!! He has a carrot that he wields well, and those sheep will gladly let him run the league for their chance to finish second in the ACC every ten years. this is what you're saying you want? To be happy that your team was good in 2002, when it's 2012?? WELL THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!! K wants to keep the Duke-UNC rivalry - which is a multi-billion dollar brand like Yankees-Red Sox, by the way - where it is: safely at the top. You think they're going to let SU waltz through the door and join them at the top??? HAHAHAHHA!! WOW, you are something!! WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, is we'll be put in the rotation along with the other second tier teams and we'll get our chance to finish second in the leauge every five years, just like Maryland. And that's only if we keep our mouths shut and vote the party line on all ACC decisions. K OWNS the league, this is no secret. why you think things will be different for us is the real mystery.
I guess Bill Self and Kansas "run" the Big XII with 6 consecutive regular season titles as well right? I give some credit to the fact Duke has an unbelievable home court advantage and they do recruit well. Your points are ridiculous and ooze conspiracy theorist. Plus K is getting up their in years, please if Coach K coaches another 5 yrs I would be shocked. Thank goodness your not on the SU BoT the ACC saved our position at the Big Boy table in college sports.

How are they going to keep SU from retaining our status as one of the top BB programs in the country (consistent 20+ win seasons)? I'd like to know.

Oh, I don't know. Maybe making sure we hardly ever win the league or the league tournement might have something to do with it. Have you ever watched ACC officials officiate important games played by Duke? That might be one way to ensure the outcome. OH BUT THAT'S CRAZY TALK. But is it? Do you know the last time a team not called "UNC" or "DUKE" won the ACC tournement? 2004. Do you know how many times Duke and UNC have won it in the last 15 years? 14. THINK ABOUT THAT! Can you imagine the BE if UConn and Cuse won the leauge every year - how good would that leauge be, how exiting. K could have opened things up to make the ACC more like the BE, but that would mean less for him, and he's a greedy man. So instead he's just going to destroy the BE and he expects us to be mighty grateful he threw us a lifeline.

But none of this strikes you as suspicious apparently. You clearly think the ACC above-board, not crooked in the least, Guess what, they're gonna love you then. Me? They're gonna hate me cause I'm gonna scream the truth til my last breath.

UConn will get into the tournament for sure, but my point is they aren't a lock and honestly are on the bubble with their resume of today. They will beat some teams and get in, but UConn and Florida were the 2 teams I felt besides Louisville who hadn't earned their rankings. UConn would be a 8-9 not a 6 IMO.

I have no clue if that is true ATM. The potential is there, but there is just something off about this team (as in they don't play as one). They are going to either be like the team last year or the team two years ago which just couldn't figure it out even with talent.

Thank goodness your not on the SU BoT the ACC saved our position at the Big Boy table in college sports.

I'll let you be grateful then. Tough to demand fairness tho, when you put yourself in the postition you are putting SU right now, that of the drowning man just happy to have been tossed a life-ring. You would make a great cabin boy for captain K, but me, I'd throw him overboard and proudly raise the Orange flag. Get this straight: WE OWE THEM NOTHING> THAT IS LOSER TALK THAT WILL DESTROY OUR PROGRAM>

Please tell me how 'calling Calhoun on what and who he is' is 'taking on' Calhoun? Where exactly have you done this? In the national press? On television? And please let all of us know the 'price' you have had to pay.

But none of this strikes you as suspicious apparently. You clearly think the ACC above-board, not crooked in the least, Guess what, they're gonna love you then. Me? They're gonna hate me cause I'm gonna scream the truth til my last breath.
I am sure the ACC leadership is staying up late at night worrying about your screaming the truth. :rolleyes:

Someone needs a nap.

Listen and learn, son. Everything I'm saying is not only in the public record, it's also blatantly obvious (look at the timing). turn off ESPN and open your eyes.

Wow. And I thought I had a tin hat.

I am sure the ACC leadership is staying up late at night worrying about your screaming the truth. :rolleyes:

Someone needs a nap.

You still don't get it. I am telling you this for your - for OUR - own good. Too many misguided fantasies around here. You can count on two hands games that the average CBB will go out of his way to watch, even if he has no particualr rooting interest. Duke-UNC is the obvious one, but SU-UCONN is right in that next tier down. SU-GTOWN can still draw interest, and SU-LOUSVILLE was maybe just a level down from UConn. We lose all that and get, what?? SU-DUKE will replace that you say? Pure fantasy. people will turn in for the novelty at first, but then it will become just another non-UNC-DUKE ACC game. People here are in for a rude wakeup, which is why I'm trying my best to get the truth out now, before it's too late. If we slip in the ACC, after five years there will be no coming back.

You still don't get it. I am telling you this for your - for OUR - own good. Too many misguided fantasies around here. You can count on two hands games that the average CBB will go out of his way to watch, even if he has no particualr rooting interest. Duke-UNC is the obvious one, but SU-UCONN is right in that next tier down. SU-GTOWN can still draw interest, and SU-LOUSVILLE was maybe just a level down from UConn. We lose all that and get, what?? SU-DUKE will replace that you say? Pure fantasy. people will turn in for the novelty at first, but then it will become just another non-UNC-DUKE ACC game. People here are in for a rude wakeup, which is why I'm trying my best to get the truth out now, before it's too late. If we slip in the ACC, after five years there will be no coming back.
I want so bad to stop reading your ridicuously stupid rants but like a bad car crash I cant look away.

I want so bad to stop reading your ridicuously stupid rants but like a bad car crash I cant look away.

and here you are wasting everyone's time by not refuting anything i've written. You clearly are most happy not having to think for yourself, so a different perspective, backed by data, just makes you nervous. Is it not true that the ACC Tourney has been won 14 of `15 years by UNC-DUKE? Check Wikepedia, that's a FACT. So explain that away. While you're at it, explain why an interloper, geographically and culturally cut off from the rest of the league, is going to come in and change that dynamic? I don't expect a response. You keep believing what the newspapers tell you, son. I, and other men who think like me, don't mind carrying this burden for everyone. I won't let Cuse slip. You can take that to the Durham Bank.

Don't think part of K's strategy isn't splittting us from UConn. that's HUGE part of this. Losing that rivalry is big. No one hates UConn more than me, but having them as a rival has been beneficial. I can't believe there's been zero uproar about this on this board. some of you were HAPPY, almost like you were scared of UConn and glad to get away. Disgraceful. If the Sox left the American League East and the Yankees behind, Boston fans would be rioting. Here, just a shoulder shrug. Again, the ACC cool aid really tasted sweet to some of you.

Listen, I understand there are fans who just want to enjoy the games and not get caught up in all the sordid underside of CBB. To those fans I say, 1) I RESPECT YOUR PREFERENCE; and 2) Don't worry, SU is as clean as a baby's bottom. But there are a bunch of people on this board who are literally parroting copy written down in Durham by ACC publicist hacks, and in those instances I HAVE TO CALL FOUL because I won't let a misguided SU fan make an ass of himself carrying Coach K's water. Reading some of the blissful nonsense on this board about the move to the ACC, I really worry about some of you, BECAUSE YOU"RE IN FOR A RUDE WAKE UP CALL. The ACC is saying all the right things, but believe me, we will never get a fair shake in that crooked league UNLESS WE SPEAK UP AND DEMAND IT!!! SO that's the type of thing I'm talking about. I'm talking about challenging power brokers who are sitting on billions of potential dollars - you think they want to hear THE TRUTH??? I honesetly have to laugh how easily people are fooled. "OH, we're gonna play the ACC tourney in NY some day - just wait!!" WHO GIVES A F****!!! Do I look like a dog? don't throw me a bone! Give me a level playing field, not a gimmick to make our alumni base accept a slip into mediocrity!!!! C'mon, if I break up with a girl, I don't go to her parent's house for Thanksgiving dinner beacause they have the best turkey. They are doing everyhing then can to make you actually believe "It's gonna be the same, but better!" and some of you actually believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have believed you if you had one more exclamation mark.

Check Wikepedia, that's a FACT.

:rolleyes:

And BTW, it is spelled Kool Aid.

Kool-aid.gif

OH YEA !!!!

and here you are wasting everyone's time by not refuting anything i've written. You clearly are most happy not having to think for yourself, so a different perspective, backed by data, just makes you nervous. Is it not true that the ACC Tourney has been won 14 of `15 years by UNC-DUKE? Check Wikepedia, that's a FACT. So explain that away. While you're at it, explain why an interloper, geographically and culturally cut off from the rest of the league, is going to come in and change that dynamic? I don't expect a response. You keep believing what the newspapers tell you, son. I, and other men who think like me, don't mind carrying this burden for everyone. I won't let Cuse slip. You can take that to the Durham Bank.

Don't think part of K's strategy isn't splittting us from UConn. that's HUGE part of this. Losing that rivalry is big. No one hates UConn more than me, but having them as a rival has been beneficial. I can't believe there's been zero uproar about this on this board. some of you were HAPPY, almost like you were scared of UConn and glad to get away. Disgraceful. If the Sox left the American League East and the Yankees behind, Boston fans would be rioting. Here, just a shoulder shrug. Again, the ACC cool aid really tasted sweet to some of you.
I shouldn't be telling you this, but I want to help. If you cover all your walls and windows with tinfoil, and wear a metal colander on your head at all times, Calhoun and the ACC won't be able to read your thoughts anymore. It worked for me.

I won't let Cuse slip. You can take that to the Durham Bank.

What makes your posts awesome is that you don't just stop with the tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy nonsense to prove your bona fides as a batshit crazy lunatic...you top them off by reassuring all of us that you are like a Greek mythical hero protecting the future of Syracuse basketball. I can actually feel my brain cells dying while reading your posts (it's possible they are committing suicide so they can get away from your ramblings...) - but your unique twist on insanity is very difficult to not gawk at. Kudos on coming up with a great shtick...

i feel sorry for the young ladies who have to pick through this sad excuse for a generation of males. You've embarrassesed yourself, son, and you probably don't even know how. Just pathetic.

What makes your posts awesome is that you don't just stop with the tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy nonsense to prove your bona fides as a batshit crazy lunatic...you top them off by reassuring all of us that you are like a Greek mythical hero protecting the future of Syracuse basketball. I can actually feel my brain cells dying while reading your posts (it's possible they are committing suicide so they can get away from your ramblings...) - but your unique twist on insanity is very difficult to not gawk at. Kudos on coming up with a great shtick...

And yet you, like the others throwing around PERSONAL attacks against me, an oldtimer Cuse loyalist, YOU CAN'T REFUTE ANYTHING I'VE WRITTEN! You're just playing with yourself in public, son. If you want to debate my postion vs. yours, I'd be happy to. Otherwise, all you're doing is showing yourself to be not much of a man. I'm at the Dome all the time tho, if you want to prove me wrong. These old bones are hard AND FEEL NO PAIN>

i feel sorry for the young ladies who have to pick through this sad excuse for a generation of males. You've embarrassesed yourself, son, and you probably don't even know how. Just pathetic.

You said check wiki, that's a fact. That is funny.

Oh I was born in 1971 and have been wed for 14 years, nice try though.

I am all for conspiracy theories, but I limit them to monetary policy.

So since you judged me by my roll eyes, I am going to go ahead and say.....

You are 23, homeschooled, live in your grandmother's garage/basement, and have never seen a vagina.

EDIT: BEES, et al. PLEASE PLEASE do not lock this thread. It is just getting epic.

Syracuse is leaving the Big East for the ACC because of a conspiracy.

And yet you, like the others throwing around PERSONAL attacks against me, an oldtimer Cuse loyalist, YOU CAN'T REFUTE ANYTHING I'VE WRITTEN! You're just playing with yourself in public, son. If you want to debate my postion vs. yours, I'd be happy to. Otherwise, all you're doing is showing yourself to be not much of a man. I'm at the Dome all the time tho, if you want to prove me wrong. These old bones are hard AND FEEL NO PAIN>

I'll pass, as I'm not really skilled at debating people that should be in an asylum. And I'm not really sure if this was an offer to a debate or a fight, either. But if anyone can find a way to introduce this guy to TampaBill from the Boneyard and post the video of the encounter, I'll throw $500 your way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom