Notre Dame / UConn | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame / UConn

NKR1978

Living Legend
I kind of want Notre Dame, because UConn fans wont be able to complain about not having the "Boat Show."

Anyone who wants to UConn to win just isn't paying attention...

Cooley called for a push. Holy . I didn't think that was allowed.

Boatright platying at a different speed. I have been wondering why Calhoun cooked up this "suspension" and it just occured to me: Calhoun has a lot of NBA players in his back pocket. What better way to speed up Boatright's development, than have him practicing with an NBA team for three weeks?

ND just plays an AWFUL style brand of basketball. ND is bringing Big Ten basketball to the Big East. Stalling almost every possession, and playing a game for the 50's. I understand you play to win the game, but I don't think I could watch them play if I was a fan. BTW those platinum uniforms are fugly but not a big deal I think its on purpose we are wearing them against USF because they aren't a good team and that way people can't complain if we win in them rather than wearing them against Georgetown or UConn where hypothetically we could lose.

ND just plays an AWFUL style brand of basketball. ND is bringing Big Ten basketball to the Big East. Stalling almost every possession, and playing a game for the 50's. I understand you play to win the game, but I don't think I could watch them play if I was a fan. BTW those platinum uniforms are fugly but not a big deal I think its on purpose we are wearing them against USF because they aren't a good team and that way people can't complain if we win in them rather than wearing them against Georgetown or UConn where hypothetically we could lose.

We're wearing them against USF because they're not a Nike school and I think they're the last non-Nike school we play.

Lamb banged up. Keeps holding his back.

he is being a wimp.

Boatright has the killer instinct that this team has been missing. We will see where this goes, but i KNOW Calhoun (read the Art of War to understand why I am a student of this man I despise). Calhoun is a sink-or-swim type coach. The team is going to come together and play how he wants it to, or crash and burn, there is no middle ground. He won't be instituting a touchy-feely "let's be as good as we can be" type of attitude. He won't be looking for a respectible showing, a moral victory, a Sweet 16. Calhoun is truly a driven maniac, like Ahab, and he will destroy everyone and everything around him to get where he wants to be.

he is being a wimp.

Boatright has the killer instinct that this team has been missing. We will see where this goes, but i KNOW Calhoun (read the Art of War to understand why I am a student of this man I despise). Calhoun is a sink-or-swim type coach. The team is going to come together and play how he wants it to, or crash and burn, there is no middle ground. He won't be instituting a touchy-feely "let's be as good as we can be" type of attitude. He won't be looking for a respectible showing, a moral victory, a Sweet 16. Calhoun is truly a driven maniac, like Ahab, and he will destroy everyone and everything around him to get where he wants to be.

I agree about Calhoun. A normal person in his situation would have retired last year after his third title, but I believe he wants four, and wont be at all surprised if he gets it.

So we stand and clap to start the gaeme and half and uconn fans just stand?...got it

I agree about Calhoun. A normal person in his situation would have retired last year after his third title, but I believe he wants four, and wont be at all surprised if he gets it.

Exactly. This is why ACC panic move to destroy UConn/Calhoun after last year was so miusguided. Everyone knew he would come back to coach Drummond, who has been his project since the kid was in 6th grade (practically lived on UConn campus, etc). Just wait him out!!! Now he's reenerrgized and has a new target. Meanwhile, we were just a pawn in a larger game (Coach K and UNC vs. calhoun) and we're moving to a foreign place with a Southern antibellum caste system where we're supposed to happy being second teir, and all league resources will be aimed at keeping us there. Don't think the NC ACC schools aren't as corrupt as Calhoun! They've been corrupt forever!! I'll say this for Calhoun, he was always pro-BE and believed in a strong leauge. ACC couldn't beat BE on the court, but making this move could backfire bigtime, AND WE HAVE LOST CONTROL OF OUR DESTINY.

Exactly. This is why ACC panic move to destroy UConn/Calhoun after last year was so miusguided. Everyone knew he would come back to coach Drummond, who has been his project since the kid was in 6th grade (practically lived on UConn campus, etc). Just wait him out!!! Now he's reenerrgized and has a new target. Meanwhile, we were just a pawn in a larger game (Coach K and UNC vs. calhoun) and we're moving to a foreign place with a Southern antibellum caste system where we're supposed to happy being second teir, and all league resources will be aimed at keeping us there. Don't think the NC ACC schools aren't as corrupt as Calhoun! They've been corrupt forever!! I'll say this for Calhoun, he was always pro-BE and believed in a strong leauge. ACC couldn't beat BE on the court, but making this move could backfire bigtime, AND WE HAVE LOST CONTROL OF OUR DESTINY.

At least we have a destiny. If we turned down the ACC, we would be stuck in a conference with two directional Florida schools, SMU and Houston.

And while the move is football based, if the ACC can get something going like the Big 10 does with the CIC, thanks to our chancellor, then this move has an immeasurable benefit to all of SU. Notwithstanding the demographic reality and opening ourselves up to a Southern based conference as far as opening new markets to SU for student recruiting.

I doubt Jim Calhoun was mentioned in the ACC's 3-3-3 committee discussions.

But I had no idea about the history of Calhoun and Drummond. That's definitely interesting. Thanks for that.

You should take your theories to Coast 2 Coast am with George Noory.

Area 51? The Grassy Knoll? Care to weigh in on those also?

At least we have a destiny. If we turned down the ACC, we would be stuck in a conference with two directional Florida schools, SMU and Houston.

And while the move is football based, if the ACC can get something going like the Big 10 does with the CIC, thanks to our chancellor, then this move has an immeasurable benefit to all of SU. Notwithstanding the demographic reality and opening ourselves up to a Southern based conference as far as opening new markets to SU for student recruiting.

I doubt Jim Calhoun was mentioned in the ACC's 3-3-3 committee discussions.

i know we had no choice, but that doesn't make me have to like the fact that we're leaving the leugue we built all because ACC can't beat Jim Calhoun on the court, so they have to bring him down another way!!!

This IS NOT about football, btw. ACC Commissioner can't even take a p*ss without Coach K signing off. You have no idea how powreful K is, and he's nearly as evil as Calhoun. Roy, meanwhile, is completely in the dark and thinks UNC is good because he's a good coach (BWHAHAHAHAH!!).

We had good reasons to accept the offer, but don't fool yourself into thinking the offer was made for those reasons. The offer was made because UConn won the NCAA last year. It's 100% about Calhoun, who scares the out of Durham/Chapel Hill. Calhoun has built a Northern CBB/media empire to balance against Durham/Chapel Hill empire, but it was tilting too far North and they couldn't do anything to stop it because Calhoun owns NY Media market and Bristol. You don't have to like it, but that's the reality.

i know we had no choice, but that doesn't make me have to like the fact that we're leaving the leugue we built all because ACC can't beat Jim Calhoun on the court, so they have to bring him down another way!!!

This IS NOT about football, btw. ACC Commissioner can't even take a p*ss without Coach K signing off. You have no idea how powreful K is, and he's nearly as evil as Calhoun. Roy, meanwhile, is completely in the dark and thinks UNC is good because he's a good coach (BWHAHAHAHAH!!).

We had good reasons to accept the offer, but don't fool yourself into thinking the offer was made for those reasons. The offer was made because UConn won the NCAA last year. It's 100% about Calhoun, who scares the out of Durham/Chapel Hill. Calhoun has built a Northern CBB/media empire to balance against Durham/Chapel Hill empire, but it was tilting too far North and they couldn't do anything to stop it because Calhoun owns NY Media market and Bristol. You don't have to like it, but that's the reality.

Most.
Satisfying.
Post.
EVER.

Thanks!

Area 51? The Grassy Knoll? Care to weigh in on those also?

Listen and learn, son. Everything I'm saying is not only in the public record, it's also blatantly obvious (look at the timing). turn off ESPN and open your eyes.

Listen and learn, son. Everything I'm saying is not only in the public record, it's also blatantly obvious (look at the timing). turn off ESPN and open your eyes.

I can't even fathom that fact that you believe what you are typing. Wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom