Notre Dame / UConn | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame / UConn

All you silly posters with you're degrees, accolades, and fancy book learnin! Ha ha, This thread has been a Sunday treat!

You still don't get it. I am telling you this for your - for OUR - own good. Too many misguided fantasies around here. You can count on two hands games that the average CBB will go out of his way to watch, even if he has no particualr rooting interest. Duke-UNC is the obvious one, but SU-UCONN is right in that next tier down. SU-GTOWN can still draw interest, and SU-LOUSVILLE was maybe just a level down from UConn. We lose all that and get, what?? SU-DUKE will replace that you say? Pure fantasy. people will turn in for the novelty at first, but then it will become just another non-UNC-DUKE ACC game. People here are in for a rude wakeup, which is why I'm trying my best to get the truth out now, before it's too late. If we slip in the ACC, after five years there will be no coming back.

You're asking why? 3.6<12.9

Me reading this thread:

Popcorn-09-Psych.gif

I sometimes read UConn threads on the your board and normally leave confused, bewildered and at a loss for words, but this, this takes the cake, lol.

This was supposed to be a game thread. Then it took on a life of its own.

SUforLife is the Alex Jones of college basketball. He's acting crazier than a run over dog or a fresh sprayed bug!

I sometimes read UConn threads on the your board and normally leave confused, bewildered and at a loss for words, but this, this takes the cake, lol.
Between this and the Fab Melo threads any visitor coming on here lately is probably leaving with a giant "What". Lol.

Wow, can't believe this. I read this thread during the game and then come back to this. Amazing loss for words, this goes down as the best thread on the new site I think.

To answer one question: the ACC tourney has been won by the conspirators 14 out of the the last 15 for one reason: The conference generally sucks beyond the top two.

Also, its been long said that the officiating has been pro dook. Plus, we haven't been getting any favors (beyond the goaltend).

When SU joins we will be fighting for the title year in and year out. The ACC is a weaker conference, period. Also, conference tourney doesn't matter.

What I can't understand is how conference realignment focuses on Jim C rather than money? All because of Coach K? So, must be that him having Jim B on his staff for the Olympics was all just a set up to this?

This is fantastic.

So why does Coach K allow UNC to win the ACC Tourney? And to add to that, why did Coach K allow a non-Duke, non-UNC team to win it? 14 out of 15? I mean letting another team win it 1 out of 15 times is not enough to give the image of it being a legit competition, so why bother? Was it a rouge ref who was later snuffed out or picked up by an unmarked, royal blue helicopter in the middle of the night?

If Coach K doesn't have complete control of NCAA refs, how does he have 80-something NCAAT wins? Do all the fixed regular season games somehow give his team a confidence that they are good and that miraculously carries over to fair-contest games? I'm curious.

Also, can you elaborate on why Coach K is spraying the earth with chemtrails? I mean why not just ACC country? It seems like a waste of resources to be spraying people in other parts of the globe.

SUforLife is the reason Waldo is hiding.

SUforLife doesn't need Twitter he's already following you.

SUforLife does not go hunting, the word "hunting implies" the chance of failure. SUForLife goes killing.

JohnSyracuse sits around the campfire and tells SUforLife' stories.

SUfirLife & Neal so close to truth. Here it is:

Dean Smith retires 1997 after holding lodge master position for 17 years. This was first year K could hold position since you must be coach at school at least 17 years & it's a 17 year term. Should go back to Carolina, but there's a problem -- Roy only coach since 2003 & is not eligible until 2020.

The solution? JB agrees to coach through 2020 when he retires. Roy then takes over. JB is compromise "interim" lodge master, SU gets into ACC, & JB delivers kill shot to Calhoun. Win-win for SU, Carolina, & Duke. Pitt is the real pawn on this whole deal.

You think it's a coincidence that JB was/is K's assistant on the Olympic team? Just another harbinger of the New World Order.

If you doubt me, I am a Carolina & SU grad. I've been on the Duke campus. And by the way, it's shiny side out with the tin foil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe I wasted my time arguing with this guy.
If we hadn't argued with him, the awesomeness of this thread would never have existed. And that would have been sad.

"I have to go cut some wood now. it will feel good to get outside and work up a sweat, because slapping sense into pansies isn't much of a workout." -SUforLife 1/29/12

"I have to go cut some wood now. it will feel good to get outside and work up a sweat, because slapping sense into pansies isn't much of a workout." -SUforLife 1/29/12

So. Much. Win.

SUforLife makes some really interesting points and I'm always up for a good conspiracy theory.

Couple things that I question though -

-Are you basing this theory of Duke and UNC being dominant as a result of bad calls or non-calls by referees that Coach K controls? I think you'd be hard pressed to prove that. You'd have to find quite a lot of blatently bad calls over the past however many years to back that up. Can you?

-You are completely discounting the football thing? I mean it IS a fact that football is a much more significant money maker than hoops. Is your position that Coach K is SO powerful that everybody else in the ACC just does what he says regardless of the $$$ they'd make or not?

I can certainly understand a hatred for Calhoun and a desire to destroy his empire but dollars rule and if taking Syracuse didn't mean big time profits on the football side for the ACC then I have a hard time believing K could pull it off. Or did he just get lucky with his desire to crush Calhoun nicely dovetailing with the football conference craziness?

-Controlling Syracuse's future success in the ACC: again, this will be done by controlling the refs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom