Notre Dame / UConn | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame / UConn

No, I think you're pretty smart. You're doing a good job playing stupid tho.

I honestly dont know what you mean. Leaving for the ACC is bad? Calhoun and K cheat? We wont have an ACC tourney in the Garden? I guess stuff like this ranks 508th on my importance scale so excuse me if I dont get in line and hold the picket signs.

Just having a little fun and trying to lighten the mood. We're all family after all, all Cuse. There's a lot of stupid people in this particular family, but that's just more reason for me to be out there, handling any trouble.

Yea, there is a lot of stupid people in the world. This is something I wholeheartedly agree with. However, you just insulted a generalized group of folk whom you appear to be trying to convince of something, that is usually not a good strategy for success.

Just having a little fun and trying to lighten the mood. We're all family after all, all Cuse. There's a lot of stupid people in this particular family, but that's just more reason for me to be out there, handling any trouble.

I honestly dont know what you mean. Leaving for the ACC is bad? Calhoun and K cheat? We wont have an ACC tourney in the Garden? I guess stuff like this ranks 508th on my importance scale so excuse me if I dont get in line and hold the picket signs.

Actually, I believe we will have an ACC tourney in the garden. My point there was that we shouldn't accept it. It's just a bone tossed our way to make us feel better about the situation. Maybe you will enjoy seeing Duke on the pedestal in NYC after they've beaten UNC, and you're there because you coouldn't find anyone to buy your tickets after Cuse lost in the semis on crooked officiating. Think of me when that happens. You won't see me there. I REFUSE to go and participate in a charade. The ACC tourney belongs in Greensboro. We need to just accept that and move on.

Yea, there is a lot of stupid people in the world. This is something I wholeheartedly agree with. However, you just insulted a generalized group of folk whom you appear to be trying to convince of something, that is usually not a good strategy for success.

I don't need to convince you. The people I need to convince are worth 100 of you each. Most of them are already on board, if not publicly so. I offered you the truth and you scoffed at it and at me. That's about the time I stopped caring if you were on board.

If you don't understand, you should read it again. I am not impressed by degrees and acolades, by the way, certainly not as much as simple reading comprehension. You don't want to get into a pissing contest with me either, if you're going to brag about your business, your wordly success. I've done quite well for myself, but don't feel the need to beat my chest about it and holler all over town. I still lead a simple life, drink Wild Turkey when I could afford Pappy Van Winkle, choosing to reinvest in my community and my alma mater instead. That's old values I guess. i just learned how to use a computer in the last several years, so maybe i'm not as 'savvy' as most. I thought wikapedia was a legitimate enterprise, but some kid mocked me for mentioning it. That's an honest mistake. Yet I stand by my assertion that no one has addressed any of my points, namely, I fear we are all going into this ACC venture with way too trusting and rosey an outlook. I have provided my reasoning, which you can refute if you see fit. Those, like me, lucky enough to have the ear of some pretty important people will tell you that, off the record, they are in full agreement with me. I know hwen i'm being sandbagged. You and others who know EXACTLY what i'm talking about are happy to sit back silently while the board clowns try to make a mockery of my posts.

I am trying to understand, but have some questions.

First, I want to make sure I understand your reasoning...

1. The ACC expansion was truly about destroying UConn/Calhoun since only UConn/Calhoun is a threat to their national prominence in basketball.

2. There are basically only a few match-ups that TV cares about in cbb - UNC/Duke, UK/UL, SU/G'Town, and UConn/SU.

3. By separating SU from UConn this will ultimately bring down Calhoun and the Huskies and further reduce SU.

My questions...

1. What if we go on to win an NC this year? Would this not make SU/Boeheim at least an equal threat to Durham/Chapel Hill?

2 and 3. Interesting that in this scenario the games TV supposedly truly cares about involve SU more than any other team. What happens when we continue to play G'Town OOC and add in an annual game against Duke and UNC (not to mention an occasional OOC game against UConn)? Won't that just elevate SU/Boeheim to an even more dire threat than they perceive UConn/Calhoun now?

I do agree that you might have a point about a Durham/Chapel Hill conspiracy. I just think that the focus is on the wrong team. I think the ACC wanted SU because unlike UConn that will actually schedule UNC/Duke out-of-conference or go deep enough in the NCAAs to actually match up with Duke/UNC there, our JB never would schedule them OOC and can't seem to get beyond the Sweet 16 to meet up with them in an Elite 8 or Final Four. So it is my firm belief that the secret agenda is truly to get to play SU.

Cheers,
Neil

Actually, I believe we will have an ACC tourney in the garden. My point there was that we shouldn't accept it. It's just a bone tossed our way to make us feel better about the situation. Maybe you will enjoy seeing Duke on the pedestal in NYC after they've beaten UNC, and you're there because you coouldn't find anyone to buy your tickets after Cuse lost in the semis on crooked officiating. Think of me when that happens. You won't see me there. I REFUSE to go and participate in a charade. The ACC tourney belongs in Greensboro. We need to just accept that and move on.

Yep I really was better off not getting the meaning.

Here is a little piece of advice. The conference tournaments? (I'm using my whisper voice)...They really dont matter. Unless you need to win it to get an NCAA bid, its really doesnt matter. I dont care if the tournament is in Bangladesh and its played in front of 15 people. I try to attend when I can, drink way too many beers, eat a lot of food that I shouldnt, root hard for Syracuse and try to have a good time. Anyone else feel the same way? Hands?

Didnt you play Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory? Eerily similar...

1. The ACC expansion was truly about destroying UConn/Calhoun since only UConn/Calhoun is a threat to their national prominence in basketball.

2. There are basically only a few match-ups that TV cares about in cbb - UNC/Duke, UK/UL, SU/G'Town, and UConn/SU.

3. By separating SU from UConn this will ultimately bring down Calhoun and the Huskies and further reduce SU.

My questions...

1. What if we go on to win an NC this year? Would this not make SU/Boeheim at least an equal threat to Durham/Chapel Hill?

2 and 3. Interesting that in this scenario the games TV supposedly truly cares about involve SU more than any other team. What happens when we continue to play G'Town OOC and add in an annual game against Duke and UNC (not to mention an occasional OOC game against UConn)? Won't that just elevate SU/Boeheim to an even more dire threat than they perceive UConn/Calhoun now?

I do agree that you might have a point about a Durham/Chapel Hill conspiracy. I just think that the focus is on the wrong team. I think the ACC wanted SU because unlike UConn that will actually schedule UNC/Duke out-of-conference or go deep enough in the NCAAs to actually match up with Duke/UNC there, our JB never would schedule them OOC and can't seem to get beyond the Sweet 16 to meet up with them in an Elite 8 or Final Four. So it is my firm belief that the secret agenda is truly to get to play SU.

Cheers,
Neil
You are a bad man.

Too bad KaiserUEO hangs at the football board. Getting him involved would raise the level of discourse to that of the Vidal vs Buckley debate. I'd be a fun read.

Predicting that Syracuse will loses games in the ACC because of crooked officiating is your point?

Hey, we agreed all along who knew. :noidea: I humble apologize.

And wiki is a great organization because it is user generated. As a matter of fact, I am really thinking that the ACC Calhoun Conspiracy (ACCCC) is in need of a wiki page. You can get an account and explain this to the world, and not just us privileged souls at syracusefan.com

Syracuse can't win a National Championship this year, because Coach K is behind Fab Melo "academic issues."

Syracuse can't win a National Championship this year, because Coach K is behind Fab Melo "academic issues."

In my world, when Melo actually returns this year it will be because Coach K worked his magic behind the scenes. He wants to play SU in the NCAAs. Unfortunately he couldn't prevent AO from getting an injury in 2010, otherwise we'd have played them for an NC that year.

Cheers,
Neil

My questions...

Cheers,
Neil

This is a good post. Makes me proud to be a Cuse fan when I read a gentlemanly post like this.

1. I agree winning it all would be huge this year for two reasons: 1, we go into the ACC in the strongest possible position, and 2) our chances of winning it all in the crooked ACC are going to be greatly reduced. This isn't just for the obvious reasons. Playing in the ACC isn't good for either side of the devide, the teams that benefit from the crooked officating or the other side. Duke always seems to struggle a little with the reffing in the NCAA because K can't control it to the same degree. This toxic atmosphere will not be conducive to preparing us for a long tourney run.

2 i think you are vastly underrating the existing rivalries and overrating the future ones. Who is going to care about SU-Duke outside of us and some assface Duke fans? It's just not going to get the average fan excited, I'm sorry. Rivalries are about HISTORY, something you can't manufacture overnight.

3 that is an interesting theory on SU not scheduling OOC. Still ,it's a minor concern to destroying the BE. UConn will never be admitted because Calhoun is constitutionally incapable of staying "in his place". I'm not saying JB is a pushover, but he's just too classy a guy to get in the mud like Calhoun would. One other thing you have to realize is that Calhoun, as crooked as he is, he never tried to fix actual games. Calhoun's cheating was all about how he assembled his teams, but he's too much of a Darwinist to mess with actual game play. He believes in eat or be eaten, and that that is good for characther, i.e., a strong, fair league will prepare you for the NCAA. K isn't like that. K is essentially a monarchist - all that matters to him is that the everyone support what he perceives as the royal pecking order. HE ISN"T INTERESTED IN REAL COMPETITION, JUST KISS HIS RING and F OFF

SUforLife, if I agreed with you we'd both be wrong. You have given us nothing but statistics that are irrelevant other to prove Duke and UNC are the best teams in the ACC. There is nothing you have said or shown that can prove what will happen when SU joins. Using simple logic based on history instead of wild eyed speculation, would indicate we will shake up the pecking order. Any of us who were at NC State will tell you that the ACC has never seen fan support to equal ours. That, along with the teams we normally field blow your short circuited fantasies back into your flying saucer.

This is a good post. Makes me proud to be a Cuse fan when I read a gentlemanly post like this.

1. I agree winning it all would be huge this year for two reasons: 1, we go into the ACC in the strongest possible position, and 2) our chances of winning it all in the crooked ACC are going to be greatly reduced. This isn't just for the obvious reasons. Playing in the ACC isn't good for either side of the devide, the teams that benefit from the crooked officating or the other side. Duke always seems to struggle a little with the reffing in the NCAA because K can't control it to the same degree. This toxic atmosphere will not be conducive to preparing us for a long tourney run.

2 i think you are vastly underrating the existing rivalries and overrating the future ones. Who is going to care about SU-Duke outside of us and some assface Duke fans? It's just not going to get the average fan excited, I'm sorry. Rivalries are about HISTORY, something you can't manufacture overnight.

3 that is an interesting theory on SU not scheduling OOC. Still ,it's a minor concern to destroying the BE. UConn will never be admitted because Calhoun is constitutionally incapable of staying "in his place". I'm not saying JB is a pushover, but he's just too classy a guy to get in the mud like Calhoun would. One other thing you have to realize is that Calhoun, as crooked as he is, he never tried to fix actual games. Calhoun's cheating was all about how he assembled his teams, but he's too much of a Darwinist to mess with actual game play. He believes in eat or be eaten, and that that is good for characther, i.e., a strong, fair league will prepare you for the NCAA. K isn't like that. K is essentially a monarchist - all that matters to him is that the everyone support what he perceives as the royal pecking order. HE ISN"T INTERESTED IN REAL COMPETITION, JUST KISS HIS RING and F OFF
13793661.jpg

Your style of frequent intermittent Borzakian usage of ALL CAPS is common among some less that reputable publications.
You directly attack my virility, when I merely responded in kind to your assumptions.

1. That's one of the funniest things I've ever read on this board.
2. Knowing EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN, means I need more of a life.
3. I'm sorry for inadvertently telling you to eat a bag of .

SUforLife, if I agreed with you we'd both be wrong. You have given us nothing but statistics that are irrelevant other to prove Duke and UNC are the best teams in the ACC. There is nothing you have said or shown that can prove what will happen when SU joins. Using simple logic based on history instead of wild eyed speculation, would indicate we will shake up the pecking order. Any of us who were at NC State will tell you that the ACC has never seen fan support to equal ours. That, along with the teams we normally field blow your short circuited fantasies back into your flying saucer.

I am truly suprised how much other fans minimize the Duke-UNC total dominance of the leauge and how this will be easily undone by our entrance. I give you an overwhelming pattern as the basis for my concern. You give me anecdotal evidence of fan support at one NCState (nobodies) game and somehow that's supposed to override years and years of league ownership by two teams. You don't give ONE fact, I've given many. So who is fantasizing?

Actually, I believe we will have an ACC tourney in the garden. My point there was that we shouldn't accept it.
So, you're saying we should NOT hold the ACC tourney in NYC, providing all our fans the opportunity to see it, given that we will not be playing in the BET anymore. OoooooooooooooooK.

Again, I think you are looking at this from the wrong point of view regarding Coach K. He knows he has been on the downslide ever since Williams became coach at UNC. He's hoping SU's zone will befuddle the TarHeels who under Williams have had great frontcourts but average to below average backcourts. He, himself, is not afraid of JB's 2-3 since he usually has a great backcourt.

By getting SU into the league he believes he is ensuring UNC of a sure loss while he will be getting a most likely win (with the refs help if necessary) thus giving the Dukies a one game advantage at the start of every season. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Facts are facts UConn is a bubble team right now. 14-6, 4-4 Who have they beaten? @Notre Dame, West Virginia, Arkansas, and Florida St, with several bad losses. They will probably get in, but right now they are closer to being out than in the tournament. I hope UConn plays itself into a 8-9 seed and gets placed in Kentucky's bracket.

Just remember they finished NINTH in the Big East last year and were the NINTH seed in the BET. Anything can happen, especially in this conference.

So, you're saying we should NOT hold the ACC tourney in NYC, providing all our fans the opportunity to see it, given that we will not be playing in the BET anymore. OoooooooooooooooK.

The BE owns the Garden. Let's show a little respect and not ruin good memories by trying to recreate someting that won't be the same. You are talking about someting that will be like a Frankenstein monster, an abomination, something created by a mad man that goes against nature. The thought of seeing Carolina blue at the Big East ACC Tournemenet makes me sick. Let's just accept reality. The ACC tourney in NY is just opiate to the masses. This old timer is going to take a pass on the peace pipe, thank you.

I am truly suprised how much other fans minimize the Duke-UNC total dominance of the leauge and how this will be easily undone by our entrance. I give you an overwhelming pattern as the basis for my concern. You give me anecdotal evidence of fan support at one NCState (nobodies) game and somehow that's supposed to override years and years of league ownership by two teams. You don't give ONE fact, I've given many. So who is fantasizing?

One reason the ACC has sucked aside from Duke and UNC is because the ACC, up until this year, has had awful coaches. I would argue that the addition of Syracuse and Pitt (assuming this year is an aberration for them) will help break up the two team cabal and raise the standards for the rest of the league. Maryland, NC State and Virginia all have good and proven coaches. That will help them compete with K and Ol Roy.

The BE owns the Garden. Let's show a little respect and not ruin good memories by trying to recreate someting that won't be the same. You are talking about someting that will be like a Frankenstein monster, an abomination, something created by a mad man that goes against nature. The thought of seeing Carolina blue at the Big East ACC Tournemenet makes me sick. Let's just accept reality. The ACC tourney in NY is just opiate to the masses. This old timer is going to take a pass on the peace pipe, thank you.
Please show me, my friend, where I was not showing respect. This thread, if it weren't so epic, is not going well for you. It's sad you can't see it.

Out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom