Nova lost to Furman | Syracusefan.com

Nova lost to Furman

At least we didn't lose a "buy game"
Hopefully our ship gets righted before we play the Colgates and Cornells of the world. BTW, is the UB game considered a "buy" game. We might be considered the underdog at that point.

BTW, this brings back memories of when Furman made the Sweet Sixteen. I remember it from my Street and Smiths. They had a little blurb on Fessor Leonard and Clyde Mayes. I forgot all about those guys but I somewhat adopted them. They had a decent program in the 70's but nothing in almost 40 years. I guess the one kid on their team had 15 threes the other night so they have some talent. Good for them.

Last edited:
just saw that Quinnerly didn't play at all today

Yeh but they play man, run great offense, and have a coach who isn’t washed up. Remember, it’s the system. Paging other jay wright worshipers.

Yeh but they play man, run great offense, and have a coach who isn’t washed up. Remember, it’s the system. Paging other jay wright worshipers.
they thought Donte would be back until he was MVP of final four and Spellman. Both were at their max draft value so they left. That happens when you win 2 championships in 3 years. A nice problem to have. Young talent trying to learn for the most part.

they thought Donte would be back until he was MVP of final four and Spellman. Both were at their max draft value so they left. That happens when you win 2 championships in 3 years. A nice problem to have. Young talent trying to learn for the most part.
We have that problem sans the championships

Right on cue.

If you win 2 titles in 3 years you can have an NIT season and nobody opens their mouth.
Florida won back to back titles in 06 and 07 they went to the NIT the next 2 years before 4 straight elite 8s.

If you win a title you get a grace period.
When you have had 4 straight bubble seasons the patience isn’t even close to the same.
Wright struggled for a year but the guy has 2 NCs in 3 years who cares.

I've read on this board many times that NBA defections are a part of the modern game and the best coaches and programs plan accordingly. They shrug these early departures off, reload with prized recruits and keep their rightful places in the Top 10 without missing a beat. Clearly Jay Wright is getting too old and the game is passing him by.

I've read on this board many times that NBA defections are a part of the modern game and the best coaches and programs plan accordingly. They shrug these early departures off, reload with prized recruits and keep their rightful places in the Top 10 without missing a beat. Clearly Jay Wright is getting too old and the game is passing him by.
Posts like this are why it makes any criticism seem like people are anti-JB.
Villanova doesn’t have 2 Final Fours in the last 5 years they have 2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in the last 3 years.
If you win a title you get a grace period within your fanbase no matter the sport.
The Final Fours are why the program deserves the respect it gets nationally but we have been irrelevant during the regular season the last 4 years not one year. If Villanova becomes a 10 loss regular season team the next 4 years then Jay Wright will get heat but he still have 2 NC titles on his ledger.

Posts like this are why it makes any criticism seem like people are anti-JB.
Villanova doesn’t have 2 Final Fours in the last 5 years they have 2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in the last 3 years.
If you win a title you get a grace period within your fanbase no matter the sport.
The Final Fours are why the program deserves the respect it gets nationally but we have been irrelevant during the regular season the last 4 years not one year. If Villanova becomes a 10 loss regular season team the next 4 years then Jay Wright will get heat but he still have 2 NC titles on his ledger.
If you win 2 titles in 3 years you can have an NIT season and nobody opens their mouth.
Florida won back to back titles in 06 and 07 they went to the NIT the next 2 years before 4 straight elite 8s.

If you win a title you get a grace period.
When you have had 4 straight bubble seasons the patience isn’t even close to the same.
Wright struggled for a year but the guy has 2 NCs in 3 years who cares.
Jay could win 5 games this year and it wouldn't matter his grace period is enormous. He has what jb has been searching for 15 years a 2nd title. Btw nova will win the big East still.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom