Now that i have slept it off | Syracusefan.com

Now that i have slept it off

Marsh01

Living Legend
I am ready for the ncaas. We have made our bed and now we need to lay in it. No complaining on the seed, no complaining on the draw. Just go play and accept who we get and where we go. Ive invested 5 months plus and this is will not derail me.

Last edited:
Marsh I always look to your eternal optimism, but have I to know...

Do you think we have a run in us? Or is this who we are?

jdubs30 said:
Marsh I always look to your eternal optimism, but have I to know... Do you think we have a run in us? Or is this who we are?

The reset button needs to be hit for sure

Getting out of the conference will be a welcome breath of fresh air to this team i would have to assume.

The reason for the optimism is assuming we survive the opening round game the second team has one day to prepare which certainly helps us

We will certainly find out what this team is made of. I cant just pour dirt on this team. I cant. Too much talent.

Marsh: With our total lack of production off the bench, are you in the camp that JB should've groomed one other player for minutes (Roberson?), or are you fine with JB playing 7?

Positives from last night:

Ennis didn't hold the ball as much. Played more aggressive, especially in the first 10 minutes. We actually got out on the break.

CJ was getting the same looks he has been making all season. He hits two and we win.

Grant was very aggressive going to the rim.

The team took and made a lot of free throws. Kept us in the game.

--

That's all to say that a lesser opponent, no homer ACC refs, and a fresh start might be enough to jump start the team. I don't think it will take much for them to start clicking again.

The reset button needs to be hit for sure

Getting out of the conference will be a welcome breath of fresh air to this team i would have to assume.

The reason for the optimism is assuming we survive the opening round game the second team has one day to prepare which certainly helps us

We will certainly find out what this team is made of. I cant just pour dirt on this team. I cant. Too much talent.
I'd love for to CJ to put us on his back.

A few things that give me hope:
- Grant is healthy
- Ennis is being more aggressive
- CJ had his worst game of the season and we lost by 3; he's still a 2nd team All-American

Maybe we need a full week to rest and clear their heads.

The zone can still be hte X factor. It's not asgood as it was last year, but I think it will still give teams fits in the tournament.

iommi said:
Marsh: With our total lack of production off the bench, are you in the camp that JB should've groomed one other player for minutes (Roberson?), or are you fine with JB playing 7?

I am in the camp of unless you at practice people shouldnt play coach. I know people who have been to practice and it wasnt happening. Especially on the defensive end. Thats why they dont play.

If someone can honestly look me in the face and say buss or bj would have made a difference last night i cant help you.

Positives from last night:

Ennis didn't hold the ball as much. Played more aggressive, especially in the first 10 minutes. We actually got out on the break.

CJ was getting the same looks he has been making all season. He hits two and we win.

Grant was very aggressive going to the rim.

The team took and made a lot of free throws. Kept us in the game.

--

That's all to say that a lesser opponent, no homer ACC refs, and a fresh start might be enough to jump start the team. I don't think it will take much for them to start clicking again.
It was just one of those nights wehre NOTHING went in. I agree, I thought we had alot of clean, good looks that we usually make that just didn't go down (even the announcers said it).

You're gonna have those games.

Offense looked good vs. FSU because the shots went in; I thought the offense itself was good last night, just nothing fell. Against BC and our other close games the offense was just bad execution wise, I didn't think that was the problem last night.

I am in the camp of unless you at practice people shouldnt play coach. I know people who have been to practice and it wasnt happening. Especially on the defensive end. Thats why they dont play.

If someone can honestly look me in the face and say buss or bj would have made a difference last night i cant help you.

Fair enough... My point is if they had played significant minutes in the non-conference maybe we would've wanted 1-2 of them in last night.

I'd love for to CJ to put us on his back.

A few things that give me hope:
- Grant is healthy
- Ennis is being more aggressive
- CJ had his worst game of the season and we lost by 3; he's still a 2nd team All-American

Maybe we need a full week to rest and clear their heads.

The zone can still be hte X factor. It's not asgood as it was last year, but I think it will still give teams fits in the tournament.
We shot 32-23 and lost by 3...that's horrible shooting 5-6 more makes...

Fair enough... My point is if they had played significant minutes in the non-conference maybe we would've wanted 1-2 of them in last night.
It's the defense man. If you can't play the zone yet, you're not gonna play, period.

It was just one of those nights wehre NOTHING went in. I agree, I thought we had alot of clean, good looks that we usually make that just didn't go down (even the announcers said it).

You're gonna have those games.

Offense looked good vs. FSU because the shots went in; I thought the offense itself was good last night, just nothing fell. Against BC and our other close games the offense was just bad execution wise, I didn't think that was the problem last night.
Huggggge diff between off for Bc and last night...

Well no more bitching and complaining about seed/location, etc. We had numerous, NUMEROUS opportunities to lock up MSG and a 1 or 2 seed, but couldn't get it done. Now it's time to forget all that and make life rough on a 1 by getting to the Sweet 16.

Cooney needs a couple sessions with a sports psychologist this week.

Jasoncuse said:
Well no more bitching and complaining about seed/location, etc. We had numerous, NUMEROUS opportunities to lock up MSG and a 1 or 2 seed, but couldn't get it done. Now it's time to forget all that and make life rough on a 1 by getting to the Sweet 16. Cooney needs a couple sessions with a sports psychologist this week.

I agree. It is what it is. Throw the ball in the Or where ever and against whomever and play.

It's the defense man. If you can't play the zone yet, you're not gonna play, period.

Yes, that certainly limits the number of options :noidea:

Agree. How bad is Roberson in the zone that he can't get 2-3 first half minutes as a scoring option? It would be nice to get CJ a quick rest-even if it's just to get him to relax. The season doesn't rest on CJ's shoulders and he doesn't need to force 20+ shots for SU to win. He and Cooney need to get back to having fun and just playing without the pressure on their shoulders.

Agree. How bad is Roberson in the zone that he can't get 2-3 first half minutes as a scoring option? It would be nice to get CJ a quick rest-even if it's just to get him to relax. The season doesn't rest on CJ's shoulders and he doesn't need to force 20+ shots for SU to win. He and Cooney need to get back to having fun and just playing without the pressure on their shoulders.

Yeah, CJ seems like he could use a mental health timeout every now and then. He seems to play as if the weight of the world is on his shoulders. 2 minutes each half to sit and watch would really help. No one can convince me Roberson would be the reason we lost if he subs in for CJ and Jerami for about 6-8 total minutes a game. If he had all year long, he would've been ready for that role.

Last edited:
I think this is the 1st time in a long time I won't fret too much over our seed or who we play. SU, if playing well, can beat any team in the tournament. SU, if playing bad, can lose to any team in the tournament. Go out and prove who you are SU.

So Marsh, with the SU loss, will you still be watching games today and tomorrow non-stop, or pull back a bit until the NCAAT? I assume the former. Why let a loss ruin everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom