Nunzio's Postgame Presser | USF | Syracusefan.com

Nunzio's Postgame Presser | USF

The pain and discomfort watching poor Marlowe and Dan almost embarrassed to be up there should say a lot towards this just being an exhibition game. Absolutely love competitors and can’t wait to have Fran take over cause i’m confident that’s what he’ll bring. I totally believe him when he said he wants to chew gum better than the other guy. Expecting a big time culture shock that we absolutely need.

I recall, I think it was Jeremy Shockey, who after losing a game actually ate some dirt from the field to never forget what losing tasted like. I got that same kind of feeling from Dan Villari. The future is bright.

Nunz is a classy guy - enough said.

The pain and discomfort watching poor Marlowe and Dan almost embarrassed to be up there should say a lot towards this just being an exhibition game. Absolutely love competitors and can’t wait to have Fran take over cause i’m confident that’s what he’ll bring. I totally believe him when he said he wants to chew gum better than the other guy. Expecting a big time culture shock that we absolutely need.
They're ultra competitive kids - this game wasn't on Villari or Marlowe. They gave 110% just like any other game. But it's hard to have any sort of offense when your OL is a turnstile. And we basically looked like we didn't have a secondary last night.

And we basically looked like we didn't have a secondary last night.
This is probably my biggest concern for next year at the moment. We have added no transfer corners so far. Our best corner Johnson is out of eligibility, Jeramiah Wilson who's probably the next most talented regardless of playing time is now at Houston. Who tf is playing corner next year? Call up Duece to comeback at this point cause my god.

This is probably my biggest concern for next year at the moment. We have added no transfer corners so far. Our best corner Johnson is out of eligibility, Jeramiah Wilson who's probably the next most talented regardless of playing time is now at Houston. Who tf is playing corner next year? Call up Duece to comeback at this point cause my god.
Praying for AJ Harris to transfer and Barnes to commit

Did Delaine play yesterday?

Help is coming. Can't judge the position groups based on what we have right now + the 24 kids Fran brought in.

If only there was somebody on the new staff with expertise of what DB play looks like at the highest level...

Seriously, although I definitely agree with your concerns about the DBs, I have no doubts that Fran will address this issue for the coming season and going forward. In any case, Deuce is not the answer.

They're ultra competitive kids - this game wasn't on Villari or Marlowe. They gave 110% just like any other game. But it's hard to have any sort of offense when your OL is a turnstile. And we basically looked like we didn't have a secondary last night.
Thank you for the perfect "OL is a turnstile" summary! I was struggling to find the right words to describe their performance.

He did play yesterday, but they went after Bellamy and Quan Peterson.
Thanks. I don't remember seeing him or hearing his name called, which for a corner can be either very good, or very bad.

If only there was somebody on the new staff with expertise of what DB play looks like at the highest level...

Seriously, although I definitely agree with your concerns about the DBs, I have no doubts that Fran will address this issue for the coming season and going forward. In any case, Deuce is not the answer.
You're definitely right and I'm sure Fran is going to address it. Think I've already been spoiled with these talented recruits committing in so fast that I'm starting have no patience lol

Reactions: 007
Shouldn’t CB be the position we worry about least now with Fran at the helm?

I’m confident whoever we have lining up in those spots next year isn’t on the roster.

Villari is all in, Wax a little hesitant.

Interesting about statement that FB was going to run the program much differently in contrast to the past.

Summation, horrible performance, closing this chapter, taking this as a lesson learned and moving on.

the amount of blocks missed last night was amazing.. Though the pass protection was decent enough.

I’m pissed because I would have won 1200 on parlays if we won last night but nunzio did get a W vs wake with that.

The OL is a train wreck and Fran needs to fix that and probably before we focus on adding more skill positions. Another WR isn’t going to be able to do squat if we get the QB killed

The OL is a train wreck and Fran needs to fix that and probably before we focus on adding more skill positions. Another WR isn’t going to be able to do squat if we get the QB killed
Been that way for years. Can't block a lick and false starts galore. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom