Red's Postgame Presser | Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Red's Postgame Presser | Louisville

Intrigued by Autry’s approach.

He acted super empathetic to the kids that remain on the team. He didn’t berate them after another poor defensive and FT performance.

I like what Red is doing year one. Don’t love some of the results, but he’s far more assertive than I thought he might be.

With Freeman and Moore coming in, a couple not coming back and maybe one assistant being changed, year two could be really good.

Hima is injured. He has been injured all year. He can barely move. The minutes he has played so far was him giving 110% of what he can give.
Has he ever not been injured?????

He acted super empathetic to the kids that remain on the team. He didn’t berate them after another poor defensive and FT performance.

I like what Red is doing year one. Don’t love some of the results, but he’s far more assertive than I thought he might be.

With Freeman and Moore coming in, a couple not coming back and maybe one assistant being changed, year two could be really good.
you could see how bummed he was with the end result with Benny. He and the staff clearly put a lot of time with him and he seemed to be concerned with the outcome and what will happen to him now.

Ultimately, I hope he does learn from this whole episode. Sometimes you can’t help someone who doesn’t want to be helped

Which assistant?

Red took more than a few gambles in year 1-

Giving Benny another shot, taking Westry, putting a lot of stock into the returning class, going for McLeod…

So far the second part has worked out with most of the guys minus Taylor and Carey. The rest has been an unsuccessful gamble or let’s say barely passing. I don’t care the names but between the incoming fresh and who stays vs who is portaled in we need a rock solid top 8 who are ready to get it done and put the vision into practice for 40 mins a game.

I was disappointed in Reds response to the Benny question, he knew the question was coming and he kind of fumbled with the response.

No doubt it's been a tough week for the program but he had a great chance to close that chapter with Benny and move on, not sure that happened.

3rd year Starling, Brown and Bell. Need Bell to make the jump, JJ to lock in on his shooting and defense and Brown to add weight and a jump shot.

Tack on the two frosh.

From there grad txfr scoring SF, grad txfr PG and grad txfr big. Or at least experienced proven guys who are coming for the opportunity not trying to prove themselves.

Copeland can earn his spot at one of the guard spots same with Cuffe. Moving on from the rest of the roster is where I would prefer to be or from anyone who’s not gonna buy in.

3rd year Starling, Brown and Bell. Need Bell to make the jump, JJ to lock in on his shooting and defense and Brown to add weight and a jump shot.

Tack on the two frosh.

From there grad txfr scoring SF, grad txfr PG and grad txfr big. Or at least experienced proven guys who are coming for the opportunity not trying to prove themselves.

Copeland can earn his spot at one of the guard spots same with Cuffe. Moving on from the rest of the roster is where I would prefer to be or from anyone who’s not gonna buy in.
If you're bringing in a transfer SF, PG, and C, you're effectively telling Bell and Westry that they're not starting next season. Transfers aren't coming in to sit when the talented guys will have plenty of suitors.

If you're bringing in a transfer SF, PG, and C, you're effectively telling Bell and Westry that they're not starting next season. Transfers aren't coming in to sit when the talented guys will have plenty of suitors.

Depends on where you are bringing them in from. We have no clue who starts yet outside speculation. Is Freeman ready to start day 1?

You play 9 or 10 guys and the txfr are talented and experienced guys from a mid major then it’s just managing the roster and finding the right guys.

Westry hasn’t yet played a minute on the court in 18 months

Can’t be constantly worrying about such what ifs and put yourself in a hole hoping for something there is no clear evidence that will

Bell can shoot, but he’s too much of a one trick pony to be a starting SF on a Top 25 team. I’d prefer we had a 3 level scorer there who’s willing to play defense. Tennessee found Dalton Knecht at a mid major. We should try to find someone who was underrated looking to move up.

Depends on where you are bringing them in from. We have no clue who starts yet outside speculation. Is Freeman ready to start day 1?

You play 9 or 10 guys and the txfr are talented and experienced guys from a mid major then it’s just managing the roster and finding the right guys.

Westry hasn’t yet played a minute on the court in 18 months

Can’t be constantly worrying about such what ifs and put yourself in a hole hoping for something there is no clear evidence that will
Freeman, Brown, and JJ can be penned in as starters. The other two positions are open for debate.

Sure, super easy. I'm not disagreeing that the roster needs to be improved, by a lot. I just don't think that the guys you're going to keep from the team are going to be cool with not starting or seeing their minutes drop in favor of some one-year dudes. A strong case in point is playing for another ACC team this season. It's not as easy as just assembling a team of mid-major all-stars and having everybody compete for minutes.

Promises about minutes and starting roles ARE made to get guys to come to a mediocre team that hasn't sniffed a tournament in three years and has a new head coach. Red has to toe a thin line here.

Freeman? Yes. He's not coming to SU to sit. He's starting Day 1.

I don’t know. I’m speculating. But could see him be in less of the “let’s keep the core together” this offseason versus last.
If he wants to keep his job, he should hire assistants that can wield a sledgehammer. The portal beckons. They should all be pounding until their arms fall off.

Sure, super easy. I'm not disagreeing that the roster needs to be improved, by a lot. I just don't think that the guys you're going to keep from the team are going to be cool with not starting or seeing their minutes drop in favor of some one-year dudes. A strong case in point is playing for another ACC team this season. It's not as easy as just assembling a team of mid-major all-stars and having everybody compete for minutes.

Promises about minutes and starting roles ARE made to get guys to come to a mediocre team that hasn't sniffed a tournament in three years and has a new head coach. Red has to toe a thin line here.

Freeman? Yes. He's not coming to SU to sit. He's starting Day 1.
I dont think anyone on the team is unreplaceable so if they get upset about not being promised a starting spot then that is on them. Westry should have zero expectations considering his injuries and bell should have always been expected to compete for a starting spot, I am not sure why he seemingly never had to.

I was disappointed in Reds response to the Benny question, he knew the question was coming and he kind of fumbled with the response.

No doubt it's been a tough week for the program but he had a great chance to close that chapter with Benny and move on, not sure that happened.
To me, he came off as human. Endearing. I liked it versus acting like a vice principal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom