NY Giants 2021 True Blue Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NY Giants 2021 True Blue Thread

Typical Giants. Insane injuries, finding ways to lose every game early to make the whole season feel lost by the end of the first month.

Then they’ll win enough games to avoid total disaster and go 6-10 or something, while we lament that if it weren’t for injuries and some hard luck losses we should’ve been 9-7, meanwhile the best player in the draft gets taken a spot or two in front of us.

This year I don't know:
Kansas City: I know KC is struggling right now but I'd be shocked if NYG went to Arrowhead and won
vs. Las Vegas: The last few years Raiders looked like crap flying east playing the Jets, so not an auto loss
@Tampa Bay: Brady remembers how close last year's game was. No mercy.
vs. Philadelphia: These guys have owned the Giants recently
@Miami: Dolphins suck right now. Giants can and should win.
@LA Chargers: These may not be they typical Chargers. Can't see Giants winning this one.
vs. Dallas: Cowboys should have division clinched by this point. Will still be motivated.
@Philadelphia: These guys have owned the Giants recently
@Chicago: Worst game of the week
vs. WFT: Last time both these teams had draft position to play for the Giants won

Probably only favored in the non Dallas NFC East home games. Not good enough to be laying pts at Miami and Chicago. I'm guessing 3-7 in these games to finish 5-12.

This is the dumbest damned team I've probably ever rooted for. From top to bottom.

Can we start a "Joe Judge to USC" rumor?

Gettelman, Judge, Garrett all need to be exited.

I'm fine giving Danny Dimes some more time (I can't believe I'm saying that) and I'm a huge Toney fan, but we have a lot of work to do and it starts with the decision making. This same crew cannot be involved in the upcoming draft.

I'm going Sunday, got tickets in August thinking they might be a little better. Oh well, thats what they made cold beer for.
Are you bringing any Raider fans? They have snuck in, in the past.

Are you bringing any Raider fans? They have snuck in, in the past.
Can't go this year, but managed to watch them lose live to the Giants in 2013

Defense comes up big. Imagine even with all the issues w/o two DL offsides we could be 5-4

Defense comes up big. Imagine even with all the issues w/o two DL offsides we could be 5-4
Even at 4-5, we’d be right there….a lot moreso than at 3-6. That Washington loss…..smh.

But getting Barkley back after the bye and will be as healthy as they’ve been in a long time. Hopefully can make a run.

This year I don't know:
Kansas City: I know KC is struggling right now but I'd be shocked if NYG went to Arrowhead and won
vs. Las Vegas: The last few years Raiders looked like crap flying east playing the Jets, so not an auto loss
The Raiders late season collapse has begun. I'm glad the Raiders aren't playing the Patriots this year so I don't have to list to Alsac's Lou Holtz schtick.

Even at 4-5, we’d be right there….a lot moreso than at 3-6. That Washington loss…..smh.

But getting Barkley back after the bye and will be as healthy as they’ve been in a long time. Hopefully can make a run.

You don't need Barkley.

You don't need Barkley.
Booker has been solid, no question. We’re still struggling to score points though, and Barkley’s big play potential will help.

Falcons, Redskins and Chiefs. Those are the Wins I want.

That said, all that did is make it a little difficult to leap some teams in the WC, which make this run (yes it’s started) little more white knuckled than it should be.

While I understand the “clean house” sentiment when we keep losing…..I think our drafts have been quite good under Gettleman.

Toney, Lawrence, and McKinney in particular are looking like outstanding picks at the spots we got them at. Jones has overall played quite well this year too. And Peart and Thomas are looking promising.

Upgrade the interior of the line and get a better OC, get some injury luck, and learn how to win and we’ll be ready to fly.

I think he’s actually done a pretty decent job of overhauling the roster and upgrading the talent.

Even his two most controversial moves:
Leonard Williams is a stud and the best player on the team.

And Barkley was such a freak, and they didn’t like the QBs available….i still understand it. And I don’t want to hear any “Josh Allen” or “Lamar Jackson”…..the Giants fans who knock the pick wanted Darnold, lmao.

While I understand the “clean house” sentiment when we keep losing…..I think our drafts have been quite good under Gettleman.

Toney, Lawrence, and McKinney in particular are looking like outstanding picks at the spots we got them at. Jones has overall played quite well this year too. And Peart and Thomas are looking promising.

Upgrade the interior of the line and get a better OC, get some injury luck, and learn how to win and we’ll be ready to fly.

I think he’s actually done a pretty decent job of overhauling the roster and upgrading the talent.

Even his two most controversial moves:
Leonard Williams is a stud and the best player on the team.

And Barkley was such a freak, and they didn’t like the QBs available….i still understand it. And I don’t want to hear any “Josh Allen” or “Lamar Jackson”…..the Giants fans who knock the pick wanted Darnold, lmao.

Gave you a like, but I tend to disagree on the overall thrust.

We have been abysmal for too long and have had too many swings to be back in the same position.

Credit to him for getting Toney once we missed on Smith. That is a big get for sure. Lawrence is solid. IMO, McKinney at where he was was a no brainer for anyone.

I'm fine with him giving DJ time into this year. I think the OL needed to have been better by now.

They went on a signing spree, relatively, and look where we are.

I wanted Darnold in the draft with Saquon. So I was def wrong there. But here's the thing, Saquon wasn't the right choice. The last thing DG is going to be know for is "last GM to pick a RB in the top two in the draft".

I dunno, there are clearly some signs for hope and some solid players, but how long do we give him? Combine him with JJ and the clapper, I mean, we are celebrating when we hit mediocrity.

All thanks to DG for getting us some solid pieces, but I don't think he's the right guy to get us to the next level.

Tired of hearing how we “need to get Barkley in space” and then watching helplessly, as we use him like late career Rodney Hampton.