NY Giants pre-season | Syracusefan.com

NY Giants pre-season

#67 needs to be cut first thing in the morning.

Good for TD. Haven't been paying much attention to the rest of the NFC East but any chance TD could get a roster spot or most likely practice squad at best?

Good for TD. Haven't been paying much attention to the rest of the NFC East but any chance TD could get a roster spot or most likely practice squad at best?
Right now the Giants have three QB's on their roster and DeVito is a distant third. Unless, something happens to injuries to Daniel Jones or Tyrod Taylor, I don't see why they wouldn't keep TD as their practice squad QB. Especially if he contributes in the next two preseason games.

Right now the Giants have three QB's on their roster and DeVito is a distant third. Unless, something happens to injuries to Daniel Jones or Tyrod Taylor, I don't see why they wouldn't keep TD as their practice squad QB. Especially if he contributes in the next two preseason games.
Agreed. Hate to say it, but we’ve gotta be honest about it - Jones has a history of getting hurt, and he runs so much that he’s at a higher risk for it.

Tyrod got hurt last year. Definitely need a 3rd guy just in case, IMO. That said, if it gets down to where he’s playing in real games - we’re screwed.

Watched the last half of the 4th quarter. Tommy was getting sacked and running around in the pocket just like the good ole days.

Watched the last half of the 4th quarter. Tommy was getting sacked and running around in the pocket just like the good ole days.
His stats were pretty good when I looked in the 3rd quarter. I think at that point he’d only been sacked twice, and had no INT’s.

Looks like the wheels kinda fell off in the 4th with 3 sacks and a pick?

Tommy played a lot for the G-Men last night. Did pretty well considering it was his first NFL exposure.
15-24 154 yards.1 td 1 int.

There's talk of him making the Giants' practice squad, which is an impressive feat based on his time with Cuse.

It should be said that Cuse, particularly and, obviously, the O-line, and Babers were equally as bad as DeVito.

Just like the good old days with no line. The Giants have zero depth at OL. The next time #67 moves his feet to pass block with be the first.

His stats were pretty good when I looked in the 3rd quarter. I think at that point he’d only been sacked twice, and had no INT’s.

The pick was a desperation heave on the last play of the game.

The pick was on the last play of the game on 4th and long. The interceptor probably should have batted it away. The Giants had a sieve at RG that the Lions were abusing so those sacks were tough to pin on TD. Overall, he did ok.

If TD can find success in the NFL it’s going to help him tremendously to have Daboll and Kafka - those guys are QB whisperers.

He’s a practice squad guy with them. Even if someone were to go down, they’d bring in a vet. But he can develop and earn an opportunity there with a QB friendly staff.

Although I’d really prefer not to see him take meaningful snaps with Big Blue, I’m happy he’s getting an opportunity and doing something with it.

Just like the good old days with no line. The Giants have zero depth at OL. The next time #67 moves his feet to pass block with be the first.
As a Philly fan, I approve.

DeVito with another solid effort in Game 2. 9/11 for 88 yards. However, as a Giants fan you have to be a little worried about the depth. Starters look good. 2nd string passable. 3rd string-lots of opportunities. We need to avoid big injuries.

I hope he gets a roster spot. If so, maybe Taylor is cut and the Bills can have a competent backup QB

TD performed much better than I thought he would this preseason. You still see some of the frustrating traits we saw here, which isn’t a surprise, he’s playing behind a porous backup OL.

He won’t make the roster but I did think he’d get a PS spot. But Dabs comments about him yesterday almost seemed like a goodbye, although very complimentary.

He performed better than a lot of backups I’ve seen in the NFL. If he’s protected, he’s serviceable for someone.

So Vegas has this team winning 7.5 games?

What am I missing? Both the offense and defense are improved “on paper” from last year.

Tough schedule, and brutal having so many road games packed in the first half, and I know they pulled out a lot of close ones last year, but I think we at least win 9 again?

So Vegas has this team winning 7.5 games?

What am I missing? Both the offense and defense are improved “on paper” from last year.

Tough schedule, and brutal having so many road games packed in the first half, and I know they pulled out a lot of close ones last year, but I think we at least win 9 again?
Honestly, you never know how it’ll turn out. That being said, we’re a much better team on paper than last year. Schedule’s definitely tough. Start the season with a W and get it rolling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom