Observation | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Observation

Gotcha...and I guess the quality of the opponent has nothing to do with your hypothesis?
No. The team is either getting better or getting worse. Don't care about the opponent. I'm not just looking at box scores.

Those young players you mention are not progressing. For the second season in a row the team is getting worse as the season goes along.

Well-coached teams with talented young players make progress and are better in games 10-12 than they were in games 1-3. Can you honestly say we're seeing that?
They are freshmen, and typically first year players have their ups and downs. Is that so hard to understand?

They are freshmen, and typically first year players have their ups and downs. Is that so hard to understand?
Then explain NC State, Pitt and Louisville who are all younger.

We haven't recruited quality depth in 15 years. All impact the depth chart. We are playing some players who a year ago were projected to be 3rd team or even . . . . . team.

Hunt
Broyld
Moore
Roberts
Dunk
Johnson
A DL whose name escapes me
Williams
Morgan
Long
Eskridge

You could also include kids who've missed games here or there.

Dungey
R Williams
Archie
Phillips
Bennett

I'm sure there are some I'm missing on both lists
Since I am new to this board, I don't know about some of the kids on your list. Some I do. I don't know why Dunk, Dungey, Phillips, Bennet would be there unless I am missing the scope of your point. Dunk was 3rd on the team in catches and yards at the spring game and played only at the end of the URI game...was out with a concussion for the next 3 but that's the trainers and Dr holding him out...He's been ready to play since USF... and they won't put him in....someone seems to have blackballed the kid.... and all he does is catch passes. He's been scorching first team D from the scout team since he's been back... but can't find the field??? WHY?? Is it coaching or did the kid screw up?? Someone enlighten me please!!

bgdadydnk said:
Since I am new to this board, I don't know about some of the kids on your list. Some I do. I don't know why Dunk, Dungey, Phillips, Bennet would be there unless I am missing the scope of your point. Dunk was 3rd on the team in catches and yards at the spring game and played only at the end of the URI game...was out with a concussion for the next 3 but that's the trainers and Dr holding him out...He's been ready to play since USF... and they won't put him in....someone seems to have blackballed the kid.... and all he does is catch passes. He's been scorching first team D from the scout team since he's been back... but can't find the field??? WHY?? Is it coaching or did the kid screw up?? Someone enlighten me please!!

Those are kids we lost for games after the season started.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom