OC/QB coach Sterlin Gilbert out. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

OC/QB coach Sterlin Gilbert out.

It is

We will be opening with an ACC game in 2022 season
Credit to Chris, who figured out it is likely going to be Louisville. The ACC could ask teams to move games around but I think this is very likely.

It is going to be glorious to destroy UL after the way they beat us up a couple of weeks ago.

Good luck bringing in somebody really good with a lame duck HC. Even if you could bring in someone with the idea they replace Babers after next season, what does that say about Babers abilities? Who's calling the shots in that scenario the HC or the OC? Fubar.

Why do some of you say a lame duck coach?

Offensive Coordinator/Associate Head Coach title would do the trick if you had the right guy.
The problem is that Movie Man remains in charge. The offensive guru who's not in charge of the offense. If this is what we get, I don't want Dino within a country mile of this hire.

Because if the buyout wasn't as high Babers would be fired today, hes back because SU won't pay what it takes this year, they will next year when we're under .500 again.

So it’s an assumption

Extension? The only thing being extended is the collective anguish of the ever decreasing FB fanbase.

So you have no answer to the question.

Not an answer. Is he in the last year of his contract an no extension coming?

You have to be trolling on these posts….

He’s not getting an extension. Even if he wins 8 games next season he shouldn’t get an extension

The only reason you give him an extension now is to alter his buyout to be more SU friendly (I would advise this) and to decrease the negative recruiting which is already taking place that Dino is going to be fired next season if he doesn’t make a bowl game…and with next seasons schedule going to be tough………….

He’s not getting an extension. Even if he wins 8 games next season he shouldn’t get an extension

The only reason you give him an extension now is to alter his buyout to be more SU friendly (I would advise this) and to decrease the negative recruiting which is already taking place that Dino is going to be fired next season if he doesn’t make a bowl game…and with next seasons schedule going to be tough………….

When is his contract up?

Bring in Lewis as AHC, QB, and OC, then let him take over in 2023. Get a good young coach who has a bright future, already showed he can take nothing and build a winner.

Okay with these changes. Gilbert was always a bad hire and this is long overdue. I’ll reserve judgment to see how we divide up the spots and who we get to fill them.

Glad they did this fast and can move forward with new hires and recruiting
Hopefully they will move fast and not wait until after the second signing period. That would leave 3 fewer coaches out there recruiting

The Oxford Dictionary of the English language disagees.

lame duck
/ˈˌlām ˈdək/

noun

1. NORTH AMERICAN
    an official (especially the president) in the final period of office, after the election of a successor.
    • an ineffectual or unsuccessful person or thing.

Try lame duck coach. And even that presidential definition says in their final period. Dinos final period is the last year of his contract.

Good luck bringing in somebody really good with a lame duck HC. Even if you could bring in someone with the idea they replace Babers after next season, what does that say about Babers abilities? Who's calling the shots in that scenario the HC or the OC? Fubar.
It's gonna be like the OC Gerg brought in, Mitch Browning. Mitch lived in a hotel the whole year because he knew Gerg was going to get fired and didn't bother finding a place with a long-term commitment. I actually liked Mitch, Curtis Brinkley went for more than a 1,000 with Mitch as OC that year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom