OC/QB coach Sterlin Gilbert out. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

OC/QB coach Sterlin Gilbert out.

Frank Giufre wasn’t retained at UConn, so there you go.

I’m ok with the change at OC but...are you kidding me with this statement? Do you have any clue what goes into even 1 play design?

I mean to be fair, Gilbert’s play designs never looked very special to me…

He pretty much did the same sequence every drive it felt…

1st down- HB Dive
2nd down- Edge Run
3rd down- deep throw to outside

I wonder if Dino’s going to name himself OC.

Wouldn’t surprise me.

EDIT: Wasn’t GRob his own DC for his final year at SU?

Of course I do. Since Gilbert only ran a handful of different plays, Tucker had to do a lot on his own also.

Reactions: FAL
I hope we get all the deck chairs in just the right place as we smash the iceberg.
If I recall correctly the Titanic hit the iceberg on its maiden voyage. The maiden voyage for the Orange next year is at UCONN. Yup, that would one hell of a spectacular disaster alright. I hope you're not a prophet Chip, but it does resonate.

If I recall correctly the Titanic hit the iceberg on its maiden voyage. The maiden voyage for the Orange next year is at UCONN. Yup, that would one hell of a spectacular disaster alright. I hope you're not a prophet Chip, but it does resonate.
I believe the UConn game is SU’s 2nd game next season.

Whats wrong with him? They have a great offense
Because It is the same offense that Dino has already been running. It has not evolved and programs at this level have adjusted to it.

Go in a different direction, he needs to quit taking the safe route. Honestly, I would take a shot at promoting a position coach to OC who has had success as a recruiter. What about a Brian Hartline from OSU? Currently a WR coach, he would get a promotion and provide us with someone who has recruited extensively.

We are pretty much undersized at almost every position. Every team has injuries, Pitt had like 20 out on injury last year. I don’t see Cuse players cramping up and bent over sucking air is all I’m saying

I’m not a huge fan of Edinger I just don’t think he’s an issue.

Jeez I didn’t realize we still had so many Will Hicks fans on here
The first person fired should have been Lynch, he was the original OL coach for 2 years. As OC he was lucky he had Eric for 2018.

Good luck bringing in somebody really good with a lame duck HC. Even if you could bring in someone with the idea they replace Babers after next season, what does that say about Babers abilities? Who's calling the shots in that scenario the HC or the OC? Fubar.

Please stop with the clown show comments. These are our guys trying their best. Show a little respect

With all due respect is keeping your HC (who will now be a lame duck coach) who has made 1 bowl game in 6 seasons and firing all you assistants really trying your best to put a winning product on the field? What quality assistants are you going to bring in with a lame duck coach? How are we going to improve? This just delays the inevitable and pushes the rebuild to next year after another losing season. This IMO is the opposite of trying their best and is the easy and CHEAPEST way out.

Good luck bringing in somebody really good with a lame duck HC. Even if you could bring in someone with the idea they replace Babers after next season, what does that say about Babers abilities? Who's calling the shots in that scenario the HC or the OC? Fubar.
Offensive Coordinator/Associate Head Coach title would do the trick if you had the right guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom