Oddly, this was probably Dino's worst game management | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oddly, this was probably Dino's worst game management

Nick Saban isn't worrying about his defense giving up a td with 19 seconds. There is very little difference between being up 5 or 6 the odds of a missed pat are like 2 pct. 6 or 7 100 pct you go for 2.
That phantom pass interference call on Duce gave them a chance to throw it to the end zone. Crappy call.

It was a bad move no doubt.

But again compounded by a missed chippy and a boneheaded play by Bear to try and run with that blocked extra point.

I thought the game plan was absolutely excellent today on both sides of the ball. We had some poor player execution on two explosive VA Tech plays out of the secondary (safety was sucked in and gave up his responsibility twice).

Offense was great. Really like the development we are seeing out of the passing game.

Again, one bad decision (and potentially a player could have totally screwed that pooch by not listening, we’ll see) absolutely compounded by a missed chipped and an earlier senior boneheaded play.
Agree although they need to stop calling long throws to the sideline. It's amazing how our passing game has suddenly found the middle of the field. I don't understand why DeVito / OC rarely went there.

wait so we dont want a play from the 1 we want a play from the 6?
No but better that than using your last TO when you are in scoring position either way.

Watching the game now. I cannot understand the time out sequence at the end of the half. Why would you call consecutive time outs when 1 yard out. DB should just go into the locker room a minute before each half and let GS call the plays.
We had twelve guys on the field just before the second time out was called. It was a personnel snafu.

I'm just catching up even though I know we won (daughter two softball games and son baseball game consecutively - long day), the end of the half is unspeakably bad.

We had twelve guys on the field just before the second time out was called. It was a personnel snafu.
I thought Dino said after the game we only had 10 guys. If that is the case, run a sneak and take your chances then call your last TO.

I'm just catching up even though I know we won (daughter two softball games and son baseball game consecutively - long day), the end of the half is unspeakably bad.
I've got good news for ya, after a little schizophrenia back and forth the Happy millhouse will be at the end!

No. And for good reason. His game management put us in a dire position. You can choose to ignore that. I understand. It is great to win for a change. But something has to change or we will be on the short side of this too many more times.
His game management certainly played a role, but it was really two special teams plays that should be automatic that put us in the dire situation. 6 point swing.

I thought Dino said after the game we only had 10 guys. If that is the case, run a sneak and take your chances then call your last TO.

that was the play after the too many guys on the field play.

wait so we dont want a play from the 1 we want a play from the 6?
You would rather have the ball at the 1 with 8 seconds and no TOs (meaning you cannot safely run the ball) or would you rather have the ball at the 6 with a TO in your pocket? It is very difficult to pass the ball from the 1. Passing from the 6 gives you more space to run patterns. Plus it gives Shrader the chance to scramble. He doesn't have to rush a throw since you have the TO in case something bad happens. It is also a lot safer to call 2 plays, even a run.

Dino lucked out that Fuentes called a TO cuz the play we ran was short of the goaline and we wouldn't have scored. Then he had bad luck with the missed FG.

I can't wait to see the catch. Of all the times my dvr ends, it has to be then.
I always record the programs, games on our game channel for at least 2 or 3 hours after our game is scheduled to end. That way if our game goes over the allotted time, the DVR keeps recording our game

Agreed, I was furious with him. Felt we were unprepared for this game as well. And the going for it in our own end with that much time left was a slap in the face to our D, not to mention reckless. So glad we stole this one though.
Lol, no, that’s not how it works. It’s not about the D’s feelings.

Maybe we can just enjoy the win for 24 hours before we start bitching about Babers? Hmm? Maybe? You think we can manage that?

Yeah its kind of sad.

Hes a good coach and SU football shows up every week. I don't know what these idiots want. Dino won 10 games here and has his dual threat installed.

Lol, no, that’s not how it works. It’s not about the D’s feelings.
Either way, if we failed to convert this board would be going crazy. And righty so.

Either way, if we failed to convert this board would be going crazy. And righty so.
That’s a different story. The defense wasn’t always stopping them and we needed points. Sometimes you just have to have faith you can make it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom