Odds on LeVar | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Odds on LeVar

Boston just made the Finals with Tatum. He's the best in this draft. Ainge continues to just do laps around teams, except a couple. LeBron better find his next home. I doubt he goes West unless it's a loaded team, or superstars are coming with him.
Hmmm - not sure about that. This year's playoffs proved they were farther behind the Cavs than they were ahead of their other playoff competitors. LBJ is gone after 2018, but if he stays they won't sit idle and he and Kyrie are still better than anything the celtics put on the floor. Also think Ainge is getting a bit of a pass on draft prowess.

2016 - Jaylen Brown - looks good
2015 Rozier and RJ HUnter
2014 -Marcus Smart - eh
2013 - executed a trade for Kelly Olynyk who is eh
2012 -Sullinger & Fab
2011 - MorShown Brooks
2010 - Harandogy and Averey Bradley (he's a solid player)
Jeff Green and Al Jefferson were good and led to some good trade pieces

Hmmm - not sure about that. This year's playoffs proved they were farther behind the Cavs than they were ahead of their other playoff competitors. LBJ is gone after 2018, but if he stays they won't sit idle and he and Kyrie are still better than anything the celtics put on the floor. Also think Ainge is getting a bit of a pass on draft prowess.

2014 -Marcus Smart - eh
2012 -Sullinger & Fab
2011 - MorShown Brooks

Everyone is gonna miss on picks. Ainge is great at amassing picks, so that he can mess up a few and be fine. Tatum, and a 1st round pick when Tatum is the best, in my opinion, is pretty solid.

2014 -Marcus Smart - eh
2012 -Sullinger & Fab
2011 - MorShown Brooks
I agree he's had some big misses in the draft - most of the guys he's missed were also missed most by most others as well, to be fair. As for trades, he's done extremely well though Jae Crowder was really a throw in and I don't think Ainge knew how good IT would be. As a Celtics fan, recent events underwhelm me. There's usually a gap between 1 and 3. I thought Ainge should have gotten more picks and/or less protection on the picks he did get. We also have a logjam at the three that will get worse if we sign Hayward. Not sure what moves he can make but he's proven me wrong before. I'm hoping I'm eating crow soon.

I agree he's had some big misses in the draft - most of the guys he's missed were also missed most by most others as well, to be fair. As for trades, he's done extremely well though Jae Crowder was really a throw in and I don't think Ainge knew how good IT would be. As a Celtics fan, recent events underwhelm me. There's usually a gap between 1 and 3. I thought Ainge should have gotten more picks and/or less protection on the picks he did get. We also have a logjam at the three that will get worse if we sign Hayward. Not sure what moves he can make but he's proven me wrong before. I'm hoping I'm eating crow soon.
He needs the Nets or another team to lose their mind again ha.

Ainge should have traded the pick when he had the chance for Jimmy Butler or Paul George. Boston needs a swingman to take the scoring pressure off of Thomas. Either of them would have made Boston the favorites in the East next season.

Ainge should have traded the pick when he had the chance for Jimmy Butler or Paul George. Boston needs a swingman to take the scoring pressure off of Thomas. Either of them would have made Boston the favorites in the East next season.
I think Cleveland is the favorite until LeBron skips town.

Shut up! It's going to suck for me if Papa Ball gets courtside seats... That preening schmuck in every shot? I'm going to have to switch to the Clippers...

Dion. That would be cool, though. I could take him roller skating. Show him a thing or two.

Do you think his antics would be as costly in the playoffs as Spike Lee's were to the Knicks against both the Pacers and Bulls, in those epic series? Honestly, I dont think even Ball can do more harm than that to a fanbase.

I agree with the others who said the guy is doing smart marketing. He's made a product of himself, something from nothing. In some cases, that formula is called magic. Other than ZZ, the majority of us could choose to ignore him and the complicit media who gives him his stage along with the Kardashians and others they decide we should know about. I also agree it's not wise to assume how the kid feels about the antics. I imagine he talks to his father and could express displeasure if he wanted to.

Do you think his antics would be as costly in the playoffs as Spike Lee's were to the Knicks against both the Pacers and Bulls, in those epic series? Honestly, I dont think even Ball can do more harm than that to a fanbase.

I agree with the others who said the guy is doing smart marketing. He's made a product of himself, something from nothing. In some cases, that formula is called magic. Other than ZZ, the majority of us could choose to ignore him and the complicit media who gives him his stage along with the Kardashians and others they decide we should know about. I also agree it's not wise to assume how the kid feels about the antics. I imagine he talks to his father and could express displeasure if he wanted to.

I don't know what the Spike Effect was in the playoffs. I do know that he didn't change my attitude about the franchise or any of its players. Daddy Ball, though, has already (somewhat) prejudiced me against a team i've been cheering for since Magic's first day. As clownish as Spike has been on the sidelines, i usually regard him as just that, a clown. Daddy Ball on the other hand is a vulgar 'stage mom' with a pathological narcissism, and even before his kid reached the NBA, has been offensive in social media. He's cringeworthy, every second.

His guerrilla marketing tactics... "Smart" in that he gains attention without expense. But, he has probably put off far more people than he has attracted, and his pricing and marketing strategies are not the ideal ways to build this particular brand. There are plenty of people who would have been rooting for an independent to take on the big boys. But, now it's not even about the product or the player, it's about whether you like the father, and although lots of people (idiots!) claim to be entertained (idiocy!) by the father's antics, i don't see genuine like for him. He's bigger than the product. That's stupid unless you are the type of personality that drives 'affinity.' He's the opposite. And really, i think that whatever he's credited for as 'genius' is really just a sickness that just happens to fit in this Crap Media-craving world.

I dunno — people are saying Lonzo doesn't seem displeased by his father. When i see them together, i see that he Is embarrassed by him. The draft, at the very least, should have been about him, and really all the media i've seen is like 50/50 between him and his father. That's kinda sad.

I like that there's an entrepreneurial aspect here. But, i also believe you have to earn things. The kid played one year of college basketball. And has a 500 dollar shoe in a light-up lucite case. Even if he sold them all, that's just, what's the phrase? "Out of whack."

"This thing is going to spiral out of amok."

Unfortunately.

As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

He knows what he's doing.
Ding ding ding!
The man is laughing all the way to the bank. Its publicity for his BBB brand, and if Lonzo ends up being a major star, the stage is set for loads of outside promo stuff. He's the guy some folks LOVE to HATE!
Spell his name right and buy the snake oil schtick, that's all he cares about. And guess what, its working! Brilliant!
Popcorn and soda

Ding ding ding!
The man is laughing all the way to the bank. Its publicity for his BBB brand, and if Lonzo ends up being a major star, the stage is set for loads of outside promo stuff. He's the guy some folks LOVE to HATE!
Spell his name right and buy the snake oil schtick, that's all he cares about. And guess what, its working! Brilliant!
Popcorn and soda

Is he? Who is going to pay 500 bucks for shoes, 220 bucks for sandals? Forget about bball ability and the fact that the kid only got to the sweet 16, its just bad business to charge that much money for your product.

Is he? Who is going to pay 500 bucks for shoes, 220 bucks for sandals? Forget about bball ability and the fact that the kid only got to the sweet 16, its just bad business to charge that much money for your product.

To quote a famous sneaker commercial: "Nobody, nobody, nobody. Nooooobody."

WWE is where he belongs.

Those who say he does this to help market his "product" may be right in part but it doesn't forgive the times he tried to run his son's high school games and the insults he gives to people that have nothing to do with publicity.

The man is one of the more arrogant, insolent jokes of a human being that you can find.

WWE is where he belongs.

Those who say he does this to help market his "product" may be right in part but it doesn't forgive the times he tried to run his son's high school games and the insults he gives to people that have nothing to do with publicity.

The man is one of the more arrogant, insolent jokes of a human being that you can find.

That BS that he pulled with his son's HS team is why I'm not buying into the "positive" aspect some people try to paint for him. He's the ultimate helicopter parent that ruins youth sports, on steroids.

Agreed.
In fact, was listening to Sirius the other day and they mentioned that at that price point, he needed to sell somewhere in the neighborhood of, and don't quote me here, 2 to 300,000 units, to realize a profit. Putting aside any of the moral aspects of the situation and looking at it from a strictly business perspective, I think he can get to those numbers, especially if Lonzo ends up being ROY or something like that. He doesn't need to sell all of the merchandise, just a certain percentage.
Lavar Ball is a huckster, plain and simple. Folks who laugh at him and don't recognize the method to the madness can look at figures like Kim Khardashian, PT Barnum, Vince McMahon, Earl Williams and the Williams sisters, heck despite your political bent, even our current POTUS, Donald J. Trump. Show business and bombastic "look at me" behaviour sells in this country, and Lavar Ball is just the latest example.

Agreed.
In fact, was listening to Sirius the other day and they mentioned that at that price point, he needed to sell somewhere in the neighborhood of, and don't quote me here, 2 to 300,000 units, to realize a profit. Putting aside any of the moral aspects of the situation and looking at it from a strictly business perspective, I think he can get to those numbers, especially if Lonzo ends up being ROY or something like that. He doesn't need to sell all of the merchandise, just a certain percentage.
Lavar Ball is a huckster, plain and simple. Folks who laugh at him and don't recognize the method to the madness can look at figures like Kim Khardashian, PT Barnum, Vince McMahon, Earl Williams and the Williams sisters, heck despite your political bent, even our current POTUS, Donald J. Trump. Show business and bombastic "look at me" behaviour sells in this country, and Lavar Ball is just the latest example.

Ball might show up on WWE television tomorrow, so there you go.

Agreed.

Who is Earl Williams? Richard is the name of the father of Venus and Serena.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom