Offensive foul on williamson | Syracusefan.com

Offensive foul on williamson

Blown alley-oop and missed block out on the free throw ultimately determined the game. The failure to call that a charge was predictable at that point of the game. Fall also could have just gone straight up. Why do guys over 7 feet tall feel the need to lower their arms?

Blown alley-oop and missed block out on the free throw ultimately determined the game. The failure to call that a charge was predictable at that point of the game. Fall also could have just gone straight up. Why do guys over 7 feet tall feel the need to lower their arms?

Yup...alley oop gave em the initial second life. They are cooked if he finishes that

Barret two-handed the UCF player under the basket. That was a bad miss. But the play the 7-6 guy fouled out on was because he was a secondary defender inside the semi-circle, and that defender by rule cannot draw a charge - he must make a play on the ball, and he didn't really do that.

Barret two-handed the UCF player under the basket. That was a bad miss. But the play the 7-6 guy fouled out on was because he was a secondary defender inside the semi-circle, and that defender by rule cannot draw a charge - he must make a play on the ball, and he didn't really do that.
I just figured Fall could jump straight up and make it a difficult shot instead of lowering his arms. He is entitled to vertical space. Just don't commit a foul. No foul means no fouling out and no free throw.

I just figured Fall could jump straight up and make it a difficult shot instead of lowering his arms. He is entitled to vertical space. Just don't commit a foul. No foul means no fouling out and no free throw.

But he was a secondary defender in the semi-circle, so he cannot just stand in his cylinder. He must make a play on the ball and he didn't do that.

In all fairness, there were several calls that benefited UCF in that game.
There were a couple, maybe. But none of those calls fouled out Zion or DeLaurier, none of them came at the most critical moments. And the worst no calls were when Duke absolutely needed helped because they would have lost otherwise.

Can't let the refs decide the game. If UCF converts the 2 on 1, that six point lead forces Duke to speed it up. Travesty, but we all know what to expect. The ratings are on the line with a Duke elimination. Highly flawed team they may not make it to Minnesota.

UCF blew the game. It's Duke, you're not going to get the OF at the end and the Barrett put back was 50/50. UCF got the bucket on the shot clock violation that shouldn't have been, had the ball up 4 with a fast break to seal it and blew it. Then had the put back at expiration, blew that to The end.

Can we all at least agree that the ball never touched the rim & it should’ve been a shot clock violation on UCF, negating their basket?
Nope. Not conclusive.

From what I saw, the ball just barely grazed the far side of the rim and changed direction slightly away from it. But certainly not conclusive enough to change. Commentators were working that really hard though. If the teams were reversed they probably would have been playing the “has to be conclusive” angle a bit stronger.

Can we all at least agree that the ball never touched the rim & it should’ve been a shot clock violation on UCF, negating their basket?

I agree I don't think it hit the rim but I thought they blew the call and needed to honor the points. but I honestly don't know the rule when it comes to the review. I thought they were only able to review anything under 2 mins? So i was P1ssed off that they were just trying to take points away from UCF when they did go to review it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom