Offensive foul on williamson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Offensive foul on williamson

looked like a block to me. which if called would have nullified the bucket & kept taco on the floor

But, it was called a block.

Barrett got the rebound and putback because he shoved the UCF player under the basket on the box out. That's the kind of call Duke gets, because they're Duke.

It's the same call that you explain to your duke fan friend and he calls you a moron and tells you that you are simply making stuff up.

Their fans are oblivious to it.

It's the same call that you explain to your duke fan friend and he calls you a moron and tells you that you are simply making stuff up.

Their fans are oblivious to it.

Duke fan i know(not a friend - he’s too annoying - shocked huh?) , “Tacko should’ve fouled out a lot sooner. They were letting both teams play.”

Barret two-handed the UCF player under the basket. That was a bad miss. But the play the 7-6 guy fouled out on was because he was a secondary defender inside the semi-circle, and that defender by rule cannot draw a charge - he must make a play on the ball, and he didn't really do that.
he backed up. I didn't see a foul

Jeff Goodman got it right:

"Just watched the replays of the Zion drive and also the R.J. offensive putback off the missed FT. Looked like Zion extended his left arm on B.J. Taylor on the drive, and also R.J. pushed Dawkins to get the board. Duke got a favorable whistle. Not exactly shocking."

Jeff Goodman got it right:

"Just watched the replays of the Zion drive and also the R.J. offensive putback off the missed FT. Looked like Zion extended his left arm on B.J. Taylor on the drive, and also R.J. pushed Dawkins to get the board. Duke got a favorable whistle. Not exactly shocking."

Tyus gets called for that forearm all of the time and it's the right call. Selective enforcement.

In all fairness, there were several calls that benefited UCF in that game.

This.

I thought the officiating was all over the place.

The calls at the end of the game were likely the most memorable, but UCF caught more than a few breaks as well.

The two that baffled me:

I still think Zion traveled prior to Fall's 4th foul. The defender never touches the ball, Zion tries to do some crossover, uses both hands to gather the ball, and dribbles two more times. I thought that was a travel once you have too hands on the ball while dribbling...unless you stop. Who knows. Maybe I don't know the rule - the defender didn't touch the ball though.

That was such a blatant offensive foul by Zion that I would have been happy if they called Tre Jones for a foul on that last shot. He just kept riding that kid after he left his feet...the offensive player wasn't making the contact or initiating it at all.

Can't let the refs decide the game. If UCF converts the 2 on 1, that six point lead forces Duke to speed it up. Travesty, but we all know what to expect. The ratings are on the line with a Duke elimination. Highly flawed team they may not make it to Minnesota.

Interesting next game for Duke. Buzz plays that same mauling defense. If the VT guards get called for hand checks and Jones doesn't we'll know the fix is in.

Interesting next game for Duke. Buzz plays that same mauling defense. If the VT guards get called for hand checks and Jones doesn't we'll know the fix is in.

We'll see and I think that's exactly what's going to happen. VPI beat Duke without Zion and UCF had the personnel that was best matched to compete with Duke. Mistakes on their end in addition to the poor officiating when it mattered cost them the game.

Unrelated note, I know Clemson boosters are kicking themselves for cutting a bigger check. They're too busy with football to ignore a generational college talent that could have helped the basketball program go to the next level.

I thought Tre Jones played pretty good D on that play. He could be called for fouls a lot more in other parts of the game but that one seemed OK.

I was more surprised they called Zion for the prior offensive charge. Guys were flopping pretty hard anytime Zion used an arm. It was smart to try to amplify the contact but in the ACC they never called those on Zion. So guess that’s why I was shocked they called one at all. Second one could have gone either way - once the first guy fell down, though, it was clearly a foul. He came down with his arms and hit Zion as he was going up. Either take a hard foul or go straight up.

I didn’t see the push live on Barrett so have to rewatch.

Im glad Duke won. I always want ACC teams to win. A loss hurts SU

We already know. Duke will advance on favorable calls unless VT blows them out. Im hoping they do and Ive got UNC to win it all. I don't hate UNC... I wish Roy was unlikeable but hes not...

both teams got breaks from the stripes. They are not calling that push off on that rebound or that charge on Zion on the final possession. Frankly I thought UCF got an even whistle down the stretch and that shocked me. UCF executed what everyone else tries to - make the other 3 guys beat you as Duke is a two man team. Also K isn't right - he does nothing during these games. Very odd.

I didn't see the game so cannot comment if there was or wasn't fouls. My question is how was the whole game called? Did the refs let them play or was it a tightly called game? If tight, they should have blown the whistle. If loose, then they were at least consistent.

Convert a 2 on 1 fast break and we’re not having this conversation. Zero need to throw an alleyoop there. None. You’re already up two possessions! Make the damn layup.

they were up 4 at the time. convert 2 and it's only 6 which wouldn't have been insurmountable. Or milk clock and you still get the same result. Wasted possession but I don't think decided the game it happened with 2 minutes left in the game.

they were up 4 at the time. convert 2 and it's only 6 which wouldn't have been insurmountable. Or milk clock and you still get the same result. Wasted possession but I don't think decided the game it happened with 2 minutes left in the game.

Up six with two minutes left in the game gives you something like an 80% chance to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom