Offensive foul on williamson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Offensive foul on williamson

I didn't see the game so cannot comment if there was or wasn't fouls. My question is how was the whole game called? Did the refs let them play or was it a tightly called game? If tight, they should have blown the whistle. If loose, then they were at least consistent.
As a rabid Duke hater, I would say the game was largely consistent in that it was inconsistent. It would seem like they were letting them play and then a ticky tack call would be made. But it was happening both ways. Williamson picked up his 4th foul on a charge with about 5 minutes left in the game. The charge in question really was 50/50 he didn't really lower his shoulder much and the defender was grinding on him and exaggerated the contact. I would have been happy if they called the charge but it would have been one of those charges that if called on Syracuse I would have thrown a chair.

Up six with two minutes left in the game gives you something like an 80% chance to win.
Yup, that miss led to a 3 pointer the other way. A 5 point swing with that amount of time is awful. Just take the points. Screw the highlight dunk. The highlight of winning over the number 1 seed in the tourney is better than a dunk.

1. I get why they didn't overturn the one call, but I would have. I don't think that ball hit the rim.

2. I'm never sure on the verticality thing - when someone hurls themselves into your chest, and Fall has a slightly different build than most, it's likely hard to stay vertical...he started vertical on one of those fouls. Then a truck slammed into his chest and arms started flailing.

3. Still think Taylor was fouled by Jones on that last shot.

the "hook and hold" play is reviewable right? didnt it happen in 1 of our games? ucf should have been all over that demanding a replay

Convert a 2 on 1 fast break and we’re not having this conversation. Zero need to throw an alleyoop there. None. You’re already up two possessions! Make the damn layup.

or slow down and run some clock

from article

“I talked to two Final Four officials — they blew this call,” Greenberg, the former Virginia Tech coach, said on ESPN. “That’s the way it is. You look right here, this is a point of emphasis in college basketball today. Hook-and-hold in free throw situations. … That is a classic hook-and-hold. That’s what they’re looking for, that’s what they’re calling, that’s why they go to the monitor.

“… I’ve talked to multiple Final Four officials. … There’s no way that officiating crew will move on to the next round.”

I think the general consensus is...the attempted oop was a silly play that played a part in their downfall.

absolutely. They had two smart options and one dumb one and they chose the dumb one.

Who cares. Let’s just have VPI win instead.

Every ACC win is more money in SU’s pocket. Remember, we’re trying to renovate the Dome?

Right. So lets go VPI.

I wasn’t responding about the next game. I was responding about the prior game and all games involving an ACC team.

Looks good... not. Hose job. Sorry.
C904E0F8-5B5F-4C53-8643-6FF4B2ECE463.jpeg

Maybe not conclusive enough to satisfy the replay rule, but that ball did not touch the rim.
To me, it grazed the rim slightly. But, I bet that the country is pretty much 50/50 on that play.
To me, the bigger issue was the no calls at the end. Zion charged into the primary defender at the foul line (blatant) and there were multiple fouls on the FT rebound (not necessarily easy to see real time on tv in the scrum that ensued).
Bottom line is that even with the officiating, UCF could have and should have won if only the executed. That's the way it goes against teams like Duke. You're probably not going to get the calls at the end, so you better cut down on your opportunities leading up to the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom